• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

ONLY 7 SPOTS LEFT!! March 5-15, 2007 Palau!

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#61 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,728 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:16 PM

PALAU'S WORLD FAMOUS DIVE SITES:

Palau offers an endless variety of sites to dive - from caves to walls and major dropoffs, to tunnels, channels and shallow reefs, where you can enjoy great visibiity and an almost limitless variety of marine life. We even have a lake chock-full of pulsating ellyfish (no, they don't sting) where you can snorkel, and an underwater cave to explore. No matter your level of diving ability, there's a dive for you in Palau - fast drift dives, easy shallow dives, it's all here in Palau.

Every dive trip is made special by constantly monitoring activity at local dive sites. We will be advised the best current location based on individual requirements, level of experience and weather conditions. The divers take an active part in planning when and where to dive. The result - maximum diving adventure!

Big Dropoff wall-drift
Ngerchong Coral Garden - Inside wall
Blue Corner wall-drift
Ngerchong Coral Garden - Outside wall
Blue Holes cave-wall
Peleliu Wall-wall
Chandelier Caves-cave
Shark City-wall
Devilfish City-wall
Short Dropoff-wall
German Channel-wall
Siaes Corner-wall
German Dropoff-wall
Siaes Tunnel-wall
New Dropoff-wall
Sunken Bridge-wall
Ngedebus Wall-wall
Turtle Cove-wall
Peleliu Corner Wall-drift
Ulong Channel-wall
Peleliu Express Wall-drift
Virgin Hole-cave

These are just some of the fabulous dive sites that we can visit. Nicolle will be doing some highlights on individual sites...afterall you may want to decide in advance where you want to dive.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#62 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:35 PM

These are just some of the fabulous dive sites that we can visit. Nicolle will be doing some highlights on individual sites...afterall you may want to decide in advance where you want to dive.

THANK YOU WW! I have been reading up on some of these sites and none of the guys at my dive shop want to speak to me...they are so jealous I am going on such a fantastic adventure! :welcome:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#63 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,728 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:39 AM

PAYMENT UPDATE:

1. Mark aka Capn Jack got your airfare check! :welcome:
2. Nicolle aka Dive_Girl got your airfare check too! :wavey:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#64 suntrooper

suntrooper

Getting started

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

Hi, I think I need more info on the trip to PALAU. I see that the airfare is from Cal. Do I arrange my own flight from Seattle or do you arrange an add on? Also, can you send me the time schedule....I need to know the arrival and departure times....:lmao: .

Edited by suntrooper, 22 January 2007 - 08:29 PM.

#65 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:32 AM

Hi, I think I need more info on the trip to PALAU. I see that the airfare is from Cal. Do I arrange my own flight from Seattle or do you arrange an add on? Also, can you send me the time schedule...if I go, I may meet with a friend in Hawaii during the layover so I need to know the arrival and departure times.... :lmao: .

I'll request airfare and schedules for you. I'm pretty sure we can get a good airfare for you from Seattle. I'll send you details via PM

#66 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:20 PM

Hi, I think I need more info on the trip to PALAU. I see that the airfare is from Cal. Do I arrange my own flight from Seattle or do you arrange an add on? Also, can you send me the time schedule...if I go, I may meet with a friend in Hawaii during the layover so I need to know the arrival and departure times.... :thankyou: .

I'm flying from PDX thru SEA, and fingrabber helped with my tickets! :cool1:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#67 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:25 PM

Hi, I think I need more info on the trip to PALAU. I see that the airfare is from Cal. Do I arrange my own flight from Seattle or do you arrange an add on? Also, can you send me the time schedule...if I go, I may meet with a friend in Hawaii during the layover so I need to know the arrival and departure times.... :thankyou: .

I'll request airfare and schedules for you. I'm pretty sure we can get a good airfare for you from Seattle. I'll send you details via PM

I've sent you a PM with the flight schedule and prices. Let me know via PM whether to confirm it

Thanks!!

fG

#68 suntrooper

suntrooper

Getting started

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:30 PM

Hi, I think I need more info on the trip to PALAU. I see that the airfare is from Cal. Do I arrange my own flight from Seattle or do you arrange an add on? Also, can you send me the time schedule... I need to know the arrival and departure times.... :thankyou: .

I've sent you a PM with the flight schedule and prices. Let me know via PM whether to confirm it

Thanks!!

fG

My check is in the mail!!!!! :dance:

Edited by suntrooper, 22 January 2007 - 08:32 PM.

#69 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:56 AM

Hi, I think I need more info on the trip to PALAU. I see that the airfare is from Cal. Do I arrange my own flight from Seattle or do you arrange an add on? Also, can you send me the time schedule... I need to know the arrival and departure times.... :thankyou: .

Thanks!!

fG

My check is in the mail!!!!! :dance:

Excellent!!

I've added you to the trip list! I know you'll have a great time diving Palau :dance:

#70 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:38 AM

:thankyou: Michiko!! Glad you are joining us!! :dance:

#71 suntrooper

suntrooper

Getting started

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:23 PM

:banghead: Michiko!! Glad you are joining us!! :huh:

right on!!!!! can't wait.....looking forward to the whole thing! :birthday:

#72 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:01 PM

If you aren't excited by now, you will be!!!

Under Six weeks and counting!!!

We've been discussing the "must dive" spots - and Blue Corner keeps coming up. A few comments I found at http://www.scubatrav...uk/pacific.html
The Blue Corner Wall, Palau

"Awesome current swept corner where schools of barracuda and sharks swim along the wall. Divers use "reef hooks" to catch the wall and hold on for a breath taking view of fish and sharks, swimming in the current. Sort of like watching a movie! A must do dive."
Anita Floyd

Outstanding quantity and diversity of life.
Michael Rodriguez
--

The Blue Corner Wall dive offers the greatest variety and quantity of sea life from sharks, pelagics, cuttlefish, wrasses, turtles, orcas, shellfish, etc...this is truly the best in the world. The warmth of the sea gives you a relaxing and enjoyable time in the water. As I said, this is truly the best dive site in the world: better than the Yongala, Australia. Palau is like mother-nature untouched."
Sumang Seid
--

Huge schools of barracudas, spotted eagle rays, napoleon wrasses and many white tip sharks..
Susan
--

All of Palau above and below is a journey of a lifetime. "

Dan

Palau's most popular dive site, Blue Corner, is recognised as the best in the world due to its concentration of marine life. Dogtooth tuna, resident Napoleon wrasses, wahoo and other large fish float on the rapid current of this underwater promontory. At slack tide, schools of triggerfish and butterflyfish come up off the reef to form a multicolored kaleidoscope against the rich ocean blue. This site is literally an underwater wonderland. This is a must do dive site because it is so fabulous! "

Frances Santoy
--

Blue Corner definitely deserves to be at or near the top of your Top 10. Hook your reef hook in and watch the action, with grey reef sharks by the dozen, white tips, dogtooth tuna, king mackrel, barracuda, giant jacks, black jacks, even a silvertip shark if you're lucky. "Alex Frew McMillan
"Best dive site I know: fantastic currents with schools of sharks and barracudas. "
Captain
"At this underwater paradise, I finally found peace and solitude while diving. I found myself swimming among countless sharks, barracudas, and many other marine species. The beauty that illumnated from this place cannot be beaten. Of all the dive sites I've been to, this one is truly the best."Nikki Dasani, 2006
"Wall dive, schools of snapper, jacks...resident Napoleon Wrasse, eagle rays. Movie theatre of reef sharks! Much much better than Thistlegorm, and told by buddy's that its much better than Yongala!"
Del Henderson, 2006

No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#73 suntrooper

suntrooper

Getting started

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:21 PM

Excellent! More excited everyday. Can we make that 3 froofy drinks in Honolulu?????? :banghead:

#74 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,728 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:21 PM

Trip Update:

WOW! This trip is right around the corner and we had some questions asked that we wanted to clarify for you! And no its not too late to book this trip! So far we have more WOMEN than men!!! Guys where are you??? :)

Questions received so far:

1. Do you offer nitrox and if so how much is it?

Yes I can get Nitrox for those who need it. It costs $10.50/tank

2. Do we need to reserve nitrox in advance or let you know when we get there?

You can let me know each day before you need them.

3. If our divers want to do the afternoon dives or night dives do they let you know there or do you need to know in advance?

Night dives need to be scheduled. As far as afternoon dives we generally leave in the morning at 8:30 a.m and return around 4:00 p.m. Once we leave the dock we have to travel about 25 miles one way to the dive sites. We will either go out for a 2 tank dive or a 3 tank dive.

4. What is the min number of divers needed to do a afternoon dive and a night dive

Night dive minimum is 3 divers.

5. Also how do we sign up for optional tours and sightseeing?

You can sign up for optional tours when you are here on island. I am flexible and will help with any additional requests other than diving.

6. Are tanks and lead included or are they separate? What size tanks are available?

The rates that I have quoted you include lunch, drinks, tanks and weights. The tanks that we use are 80 cubic foot tanks.

If you have any more questions you can post them in the thread or pm/email them to me. :cheerleader:

formerly...

#75 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,728 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:56 PM

Payment Update:

1. Michiko aka SunTrooper got your trip and air payments! :cheerleader:

formerly...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users