• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2007: SD Members Destinations Wish List

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16 sharky

sharky

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:53 AM

I can think of dozens of places I would like to go, but in reality, anyplace other than the lake I got certified in would be lovely. :cheerleader:
"Some days, it just isn't worth chewing off the restraints."

#17 sjkocis

sjkocis

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level: O.W
  • Logged Dives:80 +

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:22 PM

Truk Lagoon

S J Kocis

#18 CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:69

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:49 PM

I'd be interested in some options that have some land-based adventures mixed in with the diving. Am I the only one that doesn't want to be in the water 24/7? :P

I'd be interested in something like 2-3 days diving in Cozumel and then 2-3 days inland checking out Mayan Ruins, wildlife, etc. Or diving in the morning with afternoon trips out in the jungle. I'd also be very interested in diving the Cenotes. I'm still pretty new, so I don't know if there are any requirements for that.

Don't get me wrong I'm perfectly content to dive all day, but a little variety is always good.

Kelly

#19 AliKat

AliKat

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:12 PM

I'd be interested in some options that have some land-based adventures mixed in with the diving. Am I the only one that doesn't want to be in the water 24/7? :P

Nope!!
"

#20 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:45 PM

I'd be interested in some options that have some land-based adventures mixed in with the diving. Am I the only one that doesn't want to be in the water 24/7? :wavey:

Coco islands and a land trip in jungle of Costa Rica can be a very interesting
destination ... I would certainly be very interested to go...

Nope!!

Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#21 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:59 PM

I would like to see a trip to Dry Tortugas The Ultimate Getaway. Sounds like a great Short trip for a quick get away, and close clear water diving...

#22 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:10 PM

I'd be interested in some options that have some land-based adventures mixed in with the diving. Am I the only one that doesn't want to be in the water 24/7? :lmao:

I'd be interested in something like 2-3 days diving in Cozumel and then 2-3 days inland checking out Mayan Ruins, wildlife, etc. Or diving in the morning with afternoon trips out in the jungle. I'd also be very interested in diving the Cenotes. I'm still pretty new, so I don't know if there are any requirements for that.

Don't get me wrong I'm perfectly content to dive all day, but a little variety is always good.

Kelly

Nope, you're not alone! I've spent the last day and a half checking out Grand Cayman. The folks at the dive shop were confused 'cos I'd paid for a 6-day dive package, and I wasn't using all of it. I *do* like to see the local sights, if possible. I wish we'd gotten out more on Roatan, but they wanted to keep us at the resort and were quoting absolutely outrageous taxi rides if we wanted to go into town. The first shopping trip got aborted 'cos only John and I were interested (out of 46 people in our group). I spent around half of my stay in Belize looking all around the Caye. I even managed to find a spot that the locals didn't think existed (oops) and stuck a golf cart there with electrical problems. :cool1:

#23 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:35 AM

Any news yet on trips for 2007?? Those that might happen in the spring time frame.

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:46 AM

Any news yet on trips for 2007?? Those that might happen in the spring time frame.

Yes airfare should be squared on several opportunities so I hope to have them posted this coming week. :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#25 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:08 PM

I would like to see a trip to Dry Tortugas The Ultimate Getaway. Sounds like a great Short trip for a quick get away, and close clear water diving...

...which reminds me, the FLING / SPREE TX Flower Gardens boats are initiating a Dry Tortugas itenerary in 2007. During the winter of 2006, the SPREE is being overhauled and being moved a little bit more 'upmarket', so that going forward, it will only max out at 24 divers, versus the 32 divers at present, and a dive-deck 'wet- bathroom is being installed...so the boat will have a few more comfort frills, as well as being less crowded...and NITROX (EAN 32) will be included within the standard pricing, so although there will be a slight price increase over this year's prices, if you include the price of NITROX in this year's prices, there will be no net price increase unless you are an 'air' diver.

I'm told the SPREE willl dedicate the month of 06/2007 to Dry Tortugas trips.....and I think the trips are 5 'dive days' long...... I expect to have a handle on pricing this Nov/Dec....... I have already penciled this trip in for next year, especially since the boat allows the use of personal tanks, thus I plan to bring one of my HP 120's/130's for extended dive times ( my LDS sponsoring the trip has volunteered to truck my tank down there from TX in their dive gear trailer.)

...I'll bet Kamala could get in contact with SPREE to reserve one of the June trips for SD.com...... I'd estimate it to be about $ 1000, including NITROX, with reasonable airfare this trip should come in under $ 1500, so I think it will have a very attractive price point.

Karl

#26 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:01 PM

...which reminds me, the FLING / SPREE TX Flower Gardens boats are initiating a Dry Tortugas itenerary in 2007. During the winter of 2006, the SPREE is being overhauled and being moved a little bit more 'upmarket', so that going forward, it will only max out at 24 divers, versus the 32 divers at present, and a dive-deck 'wet- bathroom is being installed...so the boat will have a few more comfort frills, as well as being less crowded...and NITROX (EAN 32) will be included within the standard pricing, so although there will be a slight price increase over this year's prices, if you include the price of NITROX in this year's prices, there will be no net price increase unless you are an 'air' diver.

I'm told the SPREE willl dedicate the month of 06/2007 to Dry Tortugas trips.....and I think the trips are 5 'dive days' long...... I expect to have a handle on pricing this Nov/Dec....... I have already penciled this trip in for next year, especially since the boat allows the use of personal tanks, thus I plan to bring one of my HP 120's/130's for extended dive times ( my LDS sponsoring the trip has volunteered to truck my tank down there from TX in their dive gear trailer.)

...I'll bet Kamala could get in contact with SPREE to reserve one of the June trips for SD.com...... I'd estimate it to be about $ 1000, including NITROX, with reasonable airfare this trip should come in under $ 1500, so I think it will have a very attractive price point.

Karl

Karl, will they still be leaving from Texas? The trip from Houston to Freeport is the worst part, last time Dollar ripped me off and the car rental cost more than the diving.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#27 Diversitea

Diversitea

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue (did DM training, never finished)
  • Logged Dives:1100- 1200

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:56 PM

I did the Ultimate Getaway in June this year with some friends from the Florida Aquarium - the diving was great, the accomodations were bunk style but very clean and comfortable and I had a great time! They offer a LOT of "bang for the buck".

I live in Dallas! (Although I arranged to be in FL for some other business.... :cheerleader: )

The Rig dive at the end of the trip was actually one of the more remarkable dives!tortugas pics

Here are 3 picttures taken on that trip.

Edited by Diversitea, 15 October 2006 - 05:57 PM.

Janine
Diversitea

Try Diversitea FREE by Clicking here - use Coupon code SINGLE during checkout!

Premier Members have special discounts in the Diversitea Online Store! Click HERE for the coupon code!
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

#28 Diversitea

Diversitea

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue (did DM training, never finished)
  • Logged Dives:1100- 1200

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:00 PM

Hey girl...we will certainly check it out! Thanks! Kamala

DAN has some info on the Aussie requirements. Also check the Undercurrent Archives.

2007 trips......I want to go to PNG. That's my vote! Thailand or Maldives come in second!
Janine
Diversitea

Try Diversitea FREE by Clicking here - use Coupon code SINGLE during checkout!

Premier Members have special discounts in the Diversitea Online Store! Click HERE for the coupon code!
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

#29 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:15 AM

Hey girl...we will certainly check it out! Thanks! Kamala

DAN has some info on the Aussie requirements. Also check the Undercurrent Archives.

2007 trips......I want to go to PNG. That's my vote! Thailand or Maldives come in second!

I would be very interested to go to PNG or the Maldives if it is in feb or march...let me know...
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#30 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:06 AM

Karl

Karl, will they still be leaving from Texas? The trip from Houston to Freeport is the worst part, last time Dollar ripped me off and the car rental cost more than the diving.

Hi "LA",
...I believe the SPREE will be based out of Florida during that time frame, I didn't specifically ask that question whlw Ii was on SPREE, but it was implied the boat would launch trips from Florida as my LDS volunteered to tank my 'special' tank to Florida in their gear trailer where it would meet me on the boat......... I'll add you question to my list of other questions for my LDS.

Karl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users