• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

March 23-25, 2007 - BENEATH THE SEA 2007!

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:12 PM

I will once again be there, we are starting to build a legacy, 3 years at the show, the past 2 I dare say SD's had the most volunteer hours of a single booth. We want to embarass everyone again so we can certainly use as many people to volunteer as possible. I will again try to arrange FREE lodging for people, you may be bunking with a buddy, but it sure beats 150+ a night. To qualify you must give at least 10 volunteer hours over the course of the weekend.

C-ya there
Colin

Hey Colin you RULE!!! :dance:

For those that don't know...Colin works way too many hours on the road and so builds up Marriott points. For the past 2 years he has been able to use those points to secure several rooms for SingleDivers.com a short distance away from the show for FREE!!! We usually put several people into the room...but its worth it to stay at a great place for no charge!

It looks like Colin is going to be able to help out again this year and besides giving him a big :D I also want to know who might be planning to take Colin up on his offer?

I know for sure that I am one!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 18 December 2006 - 01:41 PM

Hey Colin you RULE!!! :dance:

For those that don't know...Colin works way too many hours on the road and so builds up Marriott points. For the past 2 years he has been able to use those points to secure several rooms for SingleDivers.com a short distance away from the show for FREE!!! We usually put several people into the room...but its worth it to stay at a great place for no charge!

It looks like Colin is going to be able to help out again this year and besides giving him a big :D I also want to know who might be planning to take Colin up on his offer?

I know for sure that I am one!

Again, count me in for helpping out at the event. I live in NJ so I don't need a room. If we need to house people, I'll offer my place as well.
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:59 PM

Again, count me in for helpping out at the event. I live in NJ so I don't need a room. If we need to house people, I'll offer my place as well.

Moose you rock too! :dance: We have you on the master list and soon we'll have timeframes for volunteering and how many hours we need to give to BTS etc.

Thanks to all! This is really great! Plus it is a great way to give back to the diving community and learn more about diving in general and the NE in particular!

Oh yes and its fun! We've had a blast at this event the past couple of years and we've met some awesome people! We've also had members fly in to help or drive from out of state say WV all to help out!!!

So we certainly appreciate all the help our members can give us! :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 madlobster

madlobster

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:55 PM

Moose you rock too! :cool1: We have you on the master list and soon we'll have timeframes for volunteering and how many hours we need to give to BTS etc.

Thanks to all! This is really great! Plus it is a great way to give back to the diving community and learn more about diving in general and the NE in particular!

Oh yes and its fun! We've had a blast at this event the past couple of years and we've met some awesome people! We've also had members fly in to help or drive from out of state say WV all to help out!!!

So we certainly appreciate all the help our members can give us! :wakawaka:

I too will be there at the show with Janet and another couple. I doubt I doubt I could get much time to lend a hand but will surley pop in to say :hiya: and :thankyou: to all that have helped me with information from previous posts. BTW to all those that may have a less than cooperative LDS or none at all, SD has offered some very good pricing on items that may be of help to others, something I would have taken advantage of had my LDS not be as "helpful" as they were.
"The thing about dreams is sometimes you get to live'em out"- Payne Stewart

#20 Hipshot

Hipshot

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:42 PM

I too will be there at the show with Janet and another couple. I doubt I doubt I could get much time to lend a hand but will surley pop in to say :cool1: and :thankyou: to all that have helped me with information from previous posts. BTW to all those that may have a less than cooperative LDS or none at all, SD has offered some very good pricing on items that may be of help to others, something I would have taken advantage of had my LDS not be as "helpful" as they were.

There will be a number of dive shops and equipment distributors in the exhibit area, and there are usually some very good deals on equipment.

Rick
:wakawaka:

#21 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:55 AM

Hmmm. Newark is a lot of things but exotic isn't one of them. :thankyou:

It is for me.... soooooooooo different from Catalina Island!

I am thinking of submitting a video for this event. The winner of the Stan Waterman Award last year was a dive instructor from the island (Ron Moore).

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 07:36 AM

Hmmm. Newark is a lot of things but exotic isn't one of them. :lmao:

It is for me.... soooooooooo different from Catalina Island!

I am thinking of submitting a video for this event. The winner of the Stan Waterman Award last year was a dive instructor from the island (Ron Moore).

You should! What great exposure and Stan is a riot! I have a picture of him in purple hair and me in blue! YES...its true!!!

formerly...

#23 nydiver

nydiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Logged Dives:~200

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:32 PM

Ok, so so far we have 2 rooms directly across from the convention center at the Holiday Inn, easy stumbling distance from all the parties :birthday:. So lets start to hear from a few more people who want to give us a few hours of their time over the weekend in exchange for a free room, free admission, and Kamelas un-dying love and appreciation :birthday:.

Colin

#24 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:54 PM

I did, WW... or am about to. Just completed my first video entry to a dive show and am sending "Munching in the Macrocystis" (5:28) to Beneath the Sea. I'm sure I won't make it unless they judge me a winner. If they show it, this will give the SD'ers in attendance an idea of what my videos are like.

Went to a dive buddy's house last night to see footage he took on HDV and footage I took on mini-DV last weekend. No question the resolution and color saturation were better on his camera (Sony HC-3). I tried his camera in my housing and everything worked fine, so future videos next year should be in HD!!!

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 01:22 PM

I did, WW... or am about to. Just completed my first video entry to a dive show and am sending "Munching in the Macrocystis" (5:28) to Beneath the Sea. I'm sure I won't make it unless they judge me a winner. If they show it, this will give the SD'ers in attendance an idea of what my videos are like.

Went to a dive buddy's house last night to see footage he took on HDV and footage I took on mini-DV last weekend. No question the resolution and color saturation were better on his camera (Sony HC-3). I tried his camera in my housing and everything worked fine, so future videos next year should be in HD!!!

Great news Bill!!! Keep us posted!

formerly...

#26 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:24 AM

Good luck, DrBill. It sure would be great if your video wins and you join us.

Rick
:cool1:

#27 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:54 AM

I always go to BTS. I'll help out.

Talk about making it worth the drive.... :cool1:

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 04:54 PM

I always go to BTS. I'll help out.

Talk about making it worth the drive.... :wavey:

You mean aside from seeing Pocahontas there??? :evilgrin:

formerly...

#29 sudsymark

sudsymark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Cert Level:Certified as teenager, SSI DiveCon and Scuba Ranger Instructor
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:19 PM

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: Good Luck drbill on the video!!!!!!
In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we underdstand; and we will only understand what we are taught. -Baba Dioum

#30 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 09:36 PM

Thanks WW, Hipshot and Sudsymark. I'll need good luck as I'm sure the competition is pretty tough!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users