• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

March 23-25, 2007 - BENEATH THE SEA 2007!

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#31 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:18 PM

I have just found out that I can attend this year!

I plan to work with BTS Friday, Saturday and Sunday

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:39 PM

:) That is awesome! We will have a great team! And thanks for offering to help get things organized too!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:14 PM

Kim - that's great - I hope we get to attend and see every one!
Known puker

#34 sudsymark

sudsymark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Cert Level:Certified as teenager, SSI DiveCon and Scuba Ranger Instructor
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:05 PM

More the Merrier! :P
In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we underdstand; and we will only understand what we are taught. -Baba Dioum

#35 NJMike

NJMike

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, planning AOW in 2007
  • Logged Dives:7

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:54 AM

I'd like to help out also. I'm not sure at this point about the time involved...I'd like to go to some of the seminars also. I need to check the BTS schedule of events.

I know you mentioned that volunteers get free admission, does that also include free admission to any of the seminars (if they charge)?

I'm in NJ and do not need a room. Keep me informed!

#36 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:19 AM

I'd like to help out also. I'm not sure at this point about the time involved...I'd like to go to some of the seminars also. I need to check the BTS schedule of events.

I know you mentioned that volunteers get free admission, does that also include free admission to any of the seminars (if they charge)?

I'm in NJ and do not need a room. Keep me informed!

Only free to the free seminars, some BTS staff volunteers can get into the others as helpers but you don't get to pick or choose which ones or even stay for the whole class. Better to pay for the ones you want and ask for time off to attend. Ray
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#37 NJMike

NJMike

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:53 AM

Thanks, Ray, I haven't been to the BTS site for a couple weeks...need to go back and see what seminars are being offered.

#38 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:11 AM

DRCKW asked me to post that she will be working BTS again this year too. :thankyou:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#39 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:57 AM

DRCKW asked me to post that she will be working BTS again this year too. :thankyou:

That is great news! It will be great to see you both again! :birthday: :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#40 NJMike

NJMike

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:29 AM

Wow! Just printed out the seminar schedule...there's some stuff I'd really like to see.

Kamala, how's the volunteering stuff work? Are you getting availability times from everyone and making a schedule? Is the volunteering just for SD or for the convention? What's the minimum number of hours?

There's a volunteer link on the BTS website...is that the info that applies? Will you be passing names to the convention or do we need to volunteer with BTS as opposed to letting you know?

Sorry for all the questions, I'd just like to be able to volunteer and still get to some of my desired seminars.

Thanks!

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:39 AM

Wow! Just printed out the seminar schedule...there's some stuff I'd really like to see.

Kamala, how's the volunteering stuff work? Are you getting availability times from everyone and making a schedule? Is the volunteering just for SD or for the convention? What's the minimum number of hours?

There's a volunteer link on the BTS website...is that the info that applies? Will you be passing names to the convention or do we need to volunteer with BTS as opposed to letting you know?

Sorry for all the questions, I'd just like to be able to volunteer and still get to some of my desired seminars.

Thanks!

No worries the questions are great! Actually I think Rick and Fingrabber are actually collecting the times from people for helping etc. We need volunteers as a club for both the convention and SD. For the convention the info you see in the application is what is available. That is where our greatest need is right now is convention volunteers. The easiest thing to do is to fill out the BTS application and send it to both BTS showing singledivers.com as the organization you are helping (I think Ray does it that way) and then send a copy to fax 214-350-2558 so that we have it as well.

And yes we'll pass a master list to BTS but it is easier to send the application to them and us so we are certain they have you. Plus if you have certain workshops you want to see...the sooner you send your application in the better.

NOTE: If you can take some time off work they REALLY need help the day before. Most of their volunteers do not or can not miss work so if you can take a day off that gives us the hours we need, them help they need the most and you more freedom to do your seminars. As for minimum hours we go by what BTS has spelled out in the application.

Hey Rick...can you upload the BTS application to the site? That might help! Thanks!

p.s. This year we will be looking for a large number of people to help with greeting people as they enter the show! We did such a great job last year that they want us to help them again this year! :cool2:

formerly...

#42 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:31 PM

My bizarre schedule will allow me to be there the day before.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#43 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:17 AM

Realize that BTS 2007 is only about four months away. This will be the third year that SingleDivers.com will have a booth at the show. As in the past, it's been our members who have made the booth a success. It's not to early for us to sign up to help SingleDivers.com and Beneath The Sea. It's a great opportunity to see a great dive show, meet fellow divers, and keep up on the latest in our sport.

More info will follow, as it becomes available. Hope to see you all there. :taz:
:thankyou:

I will be happy to help as many hours as I can. I will also offer my place for any out of towners (I can easy house about 3 people) that need a place to stay (I'm about 50 mins from the venue) I may have an extra car they can use as well.

Moose

Hi- I'dlove to help out on the Saturday of the show-- I live in Manhattan and don't have a car, but i think public transportation is quite easy to the Meadowlands...... I hope you can find a spot for me, since last year I was too late to join......

Thanks and I look forward to hearing back!!

Susan (SusiQ) :diver: :banghead:
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#44 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:07 PM

Hi- I'dlove to help out on the Saturday of the show-- I live in Manhattan and don't have a car, but i think public transportation is quite easy to the Meadowlands...... I hope you can find a spot for me, since last year I was too late to join......

Thanks and I look forward to hearing back!!

Susan (SusiQ) :banghead: :thankyou:

Hey girl...check on the public transport to be sure you can make it and then watch for when we tell everyone to download the volunteer form for BTS and fill it out. Be thinking about how many hours you can give BTS or if you only want to help with the SD booth!

We'll get you this year!

formerly...

#45 drckw

drckw

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW diver , tend to prefer warm waters
  • Logged Dives:>100 mostly in Caribbean, CA , Hawaii

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:55 AM

Hi everyone - I'd like to volunteer to help! BTS is always lots of fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users