• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

8 Spots Left! Sept (16)18-29 2007 The Philippines! Yes another S. Pacific Diving Fantasy!

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:23 PM

resort_nightview.jpg "South Pacific Diving Fantasy"! The Wonderous Philippines! September (16)18-29, 2007 Only 20 spots available!

Note: Important Trip Updates at the very end of this post...please scroll to the bottom to see!

Background:
Hey gang...once in awhile you get a trip that is almost too good to be true! This is one of those trips! We'll be diving in the renown Puerto Galera and Dumaguete...both 5 star resorts by Atlantis Dive Resorts but for 3 star pricing! The pkg will include 4 boat dives a day...yes 4 boat dives daily! Extra day trips to more remote dive sites, airfare from LAX, air transfers between the two resorts, all inclusive for $3200! And get this...massages anytime for only $9 a hour...heck for that price I'm getting one as soon as we arrive and about every 12 hours thereafter! :banghead: You've got to check this one out...5 star food and accomodations for 3 star pricing!

The Spaniards discovered Puerto Galera in the early 16th century as a safe haven for their trade ships during heavy squalls and typhoons; the words literally mean 'Port of the Galleons'. The sheltered Bay of Puerto Galera itself remains an anchorage for boats during bad weather to this day, although it's the beaches of Small La laguna and Sabang that now provide the main attraction to new comers. Diving really couldn't be easier, all the convenience of a liveaboard but with the flexibility of being land based. Imagine a thirty second walk from your room at Atlantis to your waiting equipment, a choice of dive sites six times a day to over thirty different locations all of which are just a ten minute boat ride away. Add that it's some of the best diving in Asia and there will be no more than six other divers with you... What are you waiting for?

Package Overview:

Sept 18-29 with Sept 16/17 & Sept 29th as travel days; (2) 5 Star Resorts on two different islands...11 nights/9 dive days/2 sightseeing days...world class diving 10 minutes away from the resort...air from LAX and local in country air...all inclusive...only $3200!!! Book and pay in full by Feb 20 and receive $100 off! Or win a chance for FREE NITROX if booked and deposited by Feb 20, 2007!

So don't miss THIS South Pacific Diving Paradise!

Who's Going:
1. Kamala aka Wreck Wench - TX (pd) - Nitrox (pd) - air via contract Waiver/Release & Survey
2. Bill aka grayfins - OK - (pd) - air via contract;arrive at LAX AA2401, 9/16 @ 7:55 am Deep class (pd) - Nitrox (pd), Survey & Release/Waiver
3. Wayne aka waterworks -OH - (pd) Nitrox Class & Nitrox (pd) - air via contract; Survey & Release/Waiver
4. Liz aka Liz - Canada - (pd) - Nitrox (pd) - air via contract Waiver/Release & Survey
5. Kathy aka little mermaid (pd) - Nitrox (pd) - air via contract - Survey & Release/Waiver
6. Pam aka sundiver - HI -(pd) Nitrox Class & nitrox (pd) Needs Rental Equip. BCD and Reg - Arrive Philippine Airlines 9/15 in Manila @ 2:45 pm, Depart 9/29 @ 3:30 pmWaiver/Release/Survey
7. Robert aka Robb1420-NJ- d/o (pd), Nitrox (pd) - Survey & Release/Waiver - air via contract
8. Barry aka WTXBlaze - TX- d/o (pd); Nitrox (pd), Survey& Waiver/Release - air via contract
9. OTW aka Bill - SC - (pd) d/o Official Trip Instructor Nitrox (pd) , 100s, Survey
10. Gabrielle aka Sunshinediver - (pd) Nitrox (pd), Arrive 9/18 Singapore Air in Manila @ 4:55 pm, Depart 9/30 Singapore Air Manila @ 12:50 pm, Survey
11. Howard aka Howardsnewyork - (pd d/o, Nitrox, Arrive AA167 on 9/13, Depart JAL 746 on 10/2, Survery & Waiver/Release

Check's In The Mail:
1. Dan aka ScubaTooth - TX - Nitrox pending price - Survey & Waiver/Release

Those Wanting to Use Cochran Computers to Aid DAN PDE Research Efforts:

1. Kamala aka wreckwench
2. Kathy aka little mermaid
3. Bill aka OTWDiver
4.Gabrielle aka sunshinediver

Interested but just can't commit right now:
1. ASDmike
2. netmage
3. vettenorlando
4. scubagirl7
5. ncdiver43
6. Penquin
7. GoingPostal
8. cvilleBill
9. chingcat
10. Diver123
11. Topless
12. Neptuner

Full Details & Schedule:

Los Angelos, CA (LAX)
Depart LAX Sept 16th 8:35 pm arrive Philippines 4:30am on the 18th (flights subject to change)

Atlantis, Puerto Galera (PG)
Check In: Sept. 18, 2007
Check out: Sept.24, 2007
Total : 6 nights

•Double occupancy/Twin sharing in deluxe room
•Lunch & Dinner on arrival with 5 days full board and breakfast & lunch on departure day (drinks & breakfast only)
•5 days unlimited diving (Scheduled day dives only, max four day dives per day. Excludes equipment rental, day trips, night dives and nitrox fill , dive days must run consecutively)
•Roundtrip transfers (Manila-PG-Manila)

Atlantis Dumaguete
Check In: Sept. 24, 2007
Check out: Sept. 29, 2007
Total : 5 nights

•Double occupancy/Twin sharing in deluxe room
•Dinner on arrival, and 4 days full board, and breakfast & lunch on departure (drinks, breakfast only)
•4 days unlimited diving (Scheduled day dives only, max four day dives per day. Excludes equipment rental, day trips, night dives, dive days must run consecutively)
•2 days to Apo Island or similar
•All sanctuary and camera fee
•Roundtrip transfers (Manila Domestic Airport-Atlantis-Manila Airport; including domestic tickets)

Philippines to Los Angelos, CA (LAX)

SEPT 29 depart Manila 10:00pm arrive in LAX 7:40 pm on the 29th.

Price Includes:

• Roundtrip airfare from LAX to Philippines and back
• Accommodation at Atlantis, Puerto Galera & Atlantis Dumaguete, run of the house, air-conditioned
• Double occupancy, airport roundtrip transfers including local air from Manila to resorts and back, welcome cocktail
• Daily meals as listed above under description
• 36 dives over 9 dive days including tanks & weights
• 2 days sightseeing Apo Island or similar (weather dependent)
• All taxes and service charges on package included

Price Does Not Include:

• Airfare to LAX
• Does not include alcohol but beer averages .50 to $1.00 and drinks are inexpensive across the board
• Rental, instruction and retail charges
• Crew/staff gratuities (usually 10-15% of your land pkg cost)
• Trip Cancellation Insurance (we have great pricing on trip insurance see below)
• Nitrox Upgrade: Unlimited nitrox for 9 days of diving cost US$188
• Departure taxes (approx US$25)
• Single Supplement Upgrade: $700 reduced for SingleDivers.com $500

Optional Services:

• Nitrox: Unlimited nitrox for 9 days of diving cost US$188
• Single Room Upgrade: $700 reduced for SingleDivers.com $500
• Optional Boat Night Dive, minimum 8 divers, US$TBA per person
• Additional Day Trips $TBA

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES:

1. As is our tradition we take school supplies on our trips to the under priviledged children of the countries we visit while diving. Philippines is no exception and we will have many orphanages to bring relief to. One of the non-diving afternoons we will take whoever would like to join us and drop off the school supplies to the kids. I have seen grown men tear up at the look on their faces when they see us.
So PLEASE keep your eye out for school supplies on sale as these items are extremely expensive in the countries we visit. Remember a child can play with a can or a box and use great imagination pretending it is a castle, fort, car or space capsule. But they can not make do as well when they need school supplies so that they can learn and better themselves.

2. Flights: Flights are included in this package price. At this time I do not know if we can break out the air and if so how expensive the price of the standalone package will be high comparted to the air/hotel package. I will post this as soon as I hear back from the consolidator.

SEPT 16 PR 113 ETD 8:35 PM ETA 4:30 AM +2
SEPT 29 PR 102 ETD 10:00 PM ETA 7:40 PM

3. Check out these reviews including "The Best Kept Secret in Indo-Pacific Diving" and "Paradise Found: Puerto Galera, Philippines" and "Puerto Galera: Home of a Diving Revolution" as well as "Philippines: World Center Of Marine Treasure" and "Delightful Puerto Galera".

How to Book a Spot on this Trip:

1. Post in this thread that you plan to join us and your check or payment is in the mail or on it's way. We'll then put your name on the 'check's in the mail' list. (Please send your pymt asap as we'll only hold your spot for 7 days.)
2. Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey plus the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Release which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!" or click here to link to it. (Send a PM or an email to scubapunk@singledivers.com for the password.) Email the survey to trips@singledivers.com.
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted below and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact me and I'll gladly work with you. See below for our credit card authorization form.
4. If we need to know what time you are arriving, if you need rental gear, if driving or flying or how much lead you need, you MUST include this with your initial reservation.

Discounts:

•$100 discount if booked and paid in full by Feb 20, 2007
•Chance for (1) FREE NITROX upgrade for anyone booked and deposited by Feb 20, 2007
•$25 rebate for SD premier or charter membership
•Price includes cash discount. Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.

Payment Information:

If paying via credit card (Visa, MC, Diners) download the SD Credit Card Authorization Form, complete and fax to 214-350-2558. Click here for the form.

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include the 3% fee along with your address, contact number, screen name and trip name in the details section.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

We must have your name, address, screen name and trip name in the memo section of the check to be credited properly for this trip

Payment Terms & Schedule:

ASAP: $500 deposit required to reserve a spot on the trip.

Progress Payments:

Immediately to Hold Spot: $500 Deposit
Mar 15, 2007: $900
May 15, 2007: $900
July 15, 2007: $800 or Balance of trip payment.

PLEASE obtain trip insurance ...it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. You can purchase it right online as well as check quotes etc. It is very economical and averages about $ for this trip.

Click here for a free quote or to purchase online!

or

Click here for another provider that provides excellent rates and coverage!

Important Trip Updates:

1. Where to meet at the LAX airport: The gate for Philippines Air will open at 5pm for check in. You can proceed to the gate whenever you arrive. (Note if a few of you are arriving significantly early and want to do a day room or hang out as a guest with Dan aka Scubatooth in the AA club...please let us know.) Once you get checked in we will all meet here as others arrive. Bill and I will probably try to check in around 6pm.

2. Docs you will get from SingleDivers.com: I have copies of your e-ticket confirmations. I will scan them and email them to you or fax them. If you want them via fax please send me your fax number. Basically your name is in the system.

3. School Supplies: I have the following message from our resort in Puerto Galara which is our first destination and where we need to go from 70 lbs a bag to 50 lbs a bag by the time we depart there. (That gives us up to 20 lbs a person for supplies which is great!)

Hi Kamala,

Soyid has sent me your e-mail regarding your very generous offer / proposal.

Unfortunately we don't have an orphanage or children's home in Puerto Galera. However we do support a local school through the Atlantis Education Foundation.
This was set up to help local school children nearby in Sinandigan. Although the scheme is in its early stages we continue to raise and donate to help with providing teachers and materials for the school. We hope that in the future, with further assistance, we will be able to do much more.
I'm sure that any donation either monetary or teaching supplies will be greatly appreciated and make a tremendous difference.
Many thanks for your generosity.
I look forward to meeting you soon.
Kind regards

Richard

While not our typical orphanage or children's home the villiage school they support is quite poor and would be a worthy recipient of our generosity! Remember education will last a lifetime...and the supplies to getting that education cost a small fortune in other countries. Thank you again for making a difference!

4. Internet Access:

We have cable connection and desktop PCs at our multimedia room. Internet connection is broadband.

We also have wifi connection in both resorts:

$5 per hour
$15 per day
$50 per week

Attached Images

• pg_niceviews.jpg
  • resort_pgview.jpg
  • pg_resort.jpg
  • ml_blueribboneel.jpg
  • ml_cuttlefish.jpg
  • ml_nudibranch2.jpg
  • ml_nudibranch3.jpg
  • ml_seahorse.jpg

Edited by WreckWench, 13 September 2007 - 08:54 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 ASDmike

ASDmike

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:700ish

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:49 AM

Very nice :cool2:
Great trips for 2007 :thankyou:

I'm looking at this one and maybe one of the other longer trips. Or can I stretch my vacation time and do three? :wakawaka:

I'm liking '07 :blond:
'06 - Fireworks on History, Singles Fantasy
'07 - Ancient Egypt/Red Sea Liveaboard
'08 - Bonaire Singles Week ...In STYLE!!!

#3 nurseshark

nurseshark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:50 AM

I think this trip really really good and I want to be included..count me in on this one for sure!

Yup...the 2007 schedule looks fabulous! :thankyou:

Karen

#4 netmage

netmage

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:21 AM

A few questions....

1> Hotel website indicates numerous options internet access - will the rooms we have be wired?
2> What time zone is the Phillipines...?
3> Dive shop also lists tech diving? Can we break from the group for a few of the dives to do a moderate tech dive if trained? (< 150')

My first two questions determine if I can 'work' a litte and avoid taking 8 days of vaca... :lmao:

-Tim
"I aim to misbehave...."

#5 domino22

domino22

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:20 PM

If my trip there in Feb 2007 is good then a repeat will be due. Kamala give me the $$ as we discused as I may be there early and handle my own airfare. And need a single room. PM me. Soon I may have a job in Sipdan in the near future and if that happens all will change.Thanks

#6 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:14 PM

Goodness Kamala, how are we supposed to do Palau, Phillipines and Australia all in one year!!! Too good to turn down!!!

#7 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:30 PM

And I always thought Philippines was spelled with a double 'p' but the wench has rewritten the dictionary.

#8 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:33 PM

And I always thought Philippines was spelled with a double 'p' but the wench has rewritten the dictionary.

Kamala will there be a nondiver opportunity? Where exactly is the Phillipines? I know pacific, but near where in case I want to make a side trip before or after... Any suggestions?
Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! I'm going to ROATAN!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

#9 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:19 PM

Kamala will there be a nondiver opportunity? Where exactly is the Phillipines? I know pacific, but near where in case I want to make a side trip before or after... Any suggestions?

PHILIPPINES

There are over 7000 islands in Philippines. This island group is between Taiwan (to the west) and Palau (to the east). The diving opportunities there are unbelievable as well as other things to do. From the "chocolate hills" and tarsiers of Bohol to historic wrecks (but I think they are deep) and WWII history in Bataan and Corrigedor and Subic Bay. The countryside is beautiful, as are the friendly Filipino people. If you are considering a trip to Philippines, perhaps a guidebook, such as Lonely Planet or Moon Guides can assist you to learn more about the country and other things to do there, although I spend alot of my time there either in an operating room or underwater. :teeth:

Robin

#10 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:34 AM

A few questions....

1> Hotel website indicates numerous options internet access - will the rooms we have be wired?
2> What time zone is the Phillipines...?
3> Dive shop also lists tech diving? Can we break from the group for a few of the dives to do a moderate tech dive if trained? (< 150')

My first two questions determine if I can 'work' a litte and avoid taking 8 days of vaca... :D

-Tim

Tim,

We will have to ask the hotel about internet access. The time zone is a day and 2 hours ahead of CST

As for the tech diving, I was reading about it just this morning! It looks great :P You could probably set up a day or so of tech diving while there. I don't know that the resort would refund or apply your package dives to the tech option. We will just have to ask the resort :)

#11 NoCal Diving Diane

NoCal Diving Diane

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, one more spec. course for Master
  • Logged Dives:73 and counting

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:14 AM

I stayed at the Puerto Galera resort Nov'05 and had a great time! Diving was fantastic. A few from my dive club went on to Dumagete and said it was even better. Be warey of the nights dives, as there is a lot of current with not a lot of crew or lights onboard. Boat trips are MINUTES from the resort, so you will be back on land for your surface intervals. Massages are highly recommended, but they were $13/hr then, so either the price or the exchange rate has dropped, hahaha!!! I also recommend exchanging alot of $$$'s at the airport (good rates) as the resort charges fees for currency exchange, EVEN if you are paying your massage,nitrox, bar bills with a CREDIT CARD. Will think about joining y'all if I can get the time off work. If not, will someone please pet Loompy, the resort dog, for me? thanks!

#12 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:30 AM

I stayed at the Puerto Galera resort Nov'05 and had a great time! Diving was fantastic. A few from my dive club went on to Dumagete and said it was even better. Be warey of the nights dives, as there is a lot of current with not a lot of crew or lights onboard. Boat trips are MINUTES from the resort, so you will be back on land for your surface intervals. Massages are highly recommended, but they were $13/hr then, so either the price or the exchange rate has dropped, hahaha!!! I also recommend exchanging alot of $$$'s at the airport (good rates) as the resort charges fees for currency exchange, EVEN if you are paying your massage,nitrox, bar bills with a CREDIT CARD. Will think about joining y'all if I can get the time off work. If not, will someone please pet Loompy, the resort dog, for me? thanks!

:diver: to the site Diane!!! Be sure to post an intro HERE!!! when you get a chance so you can get a proper SD welcome!!!! Thanks for the review....it sounds fantastic!
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#13 grayfins

grayfins

Meeting folks

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, NITROX; Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:365

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:04 AM

This one I am planning on going on. Waiting for futher details.
Bill aka grayfins

#14 Juliwithani

Juliwithani

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:OW Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:39 PM

I would be interested in this trip including taking my daugther. Depends on the air fare... I will watch for the details!!

#15 scubagirl7

scubagirl7

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:several hundred

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:41 PM

looking at this trip or Grenada. Done lots of Caribbean diving but only cold CA in the Pacific.
Any cost info on this one? What size groups expected for each? Activities?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users