• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Image use and commentary

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:59 AM

CJ has brought up an important issue. There are some fun posts that I consider "adult banter" and I have participated lightly. There are also certain things that cross the line and a gentleman never crosses that line.

Guys, be gentlemen. If you can't be gentlemen, go elsewhere. Just my 2 PSI.

Edited by Dennis, 28 September 2005 - 08:00 AM.

DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:19 AM

CJ has brought up an important issue. There are some fun posts that I consider "adult banter" and I have participated lightly. There are also certain things that cross the line and a gentleman never crosses that line.

Guys, be gentlemen. If you can't be gentlemen, go elsewhere. Just my 2 PSI.

If anyone sees a post that crosses the line...or is inappropriate PLEASE let us know. You may do so by using the REPORT THIS POST button or by sending your concern to the Comments&Concerns pm or via email to CommentsandConcerns@SingleDivers.com or by emailing any of the admins or moderators.

We will review that post in our mod/admin chamber and take appropriate action.

While we may not be able to satisfy everyone 100% with any action we take, we endeavor to keep our community fun, playful and enjoyable however we will NEVER do so at the expense of our member's safety.

But Dennis is right...men please be 'gentlemen' and women please be 'ladies'. If you can not, we'll ask you to leave.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:30 AM

Bahamasita- Would hate to see you leave because of this.

Personally I see nothing wrong with Brinybay's collage. However, I do see something seriously wrong with the PM's you have received. It is not Brinybay's collage and the banter it created that needs to be moderated, it is the actions of the members who PM'ed inappropriate messages to you that needs to be addressed.

I hope you will reconsider your thoughts of departure from the board.

Edited by drbill, 28 September 2005 - 08:30 AM.

#34 kevininpo

kevininpo

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:35 AM

l agree with CJ too...100%. l know 2 of the women pictured don't frequent the site any longer, so how could they possibly protest the use of thier photos? lt would be my opinion that photos aren't posted for any reason other than to *put a face with the words*, not to call attention to ones self. As a guy, l'm not looking to be ogled by strangers, or being asked to post new photos so that l can be *admired* by women l don't know. l was somewhat annoyed that l was asked to do this by the founder of this site. l think that at the least, there should be some control as to third party download capability of avatars to ensure that they remain in complete control and possesion of SD. As Shamu alluded to, if a meat market mentality is where this is heading, l believe it is to the detriment of SD as a whole. Take it for what it's worth, just this guys opinion.
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#35 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:41 AM

I think there have been a lot of very valid points made here. I agree with CMT in that by putting my picture on this website (or any other for that matter) I am consenting to have it viewed, used, so on and so on, just hopefully nothing bad done with it. I can also see how someone might feel the collage was some type of one stop shopping for the trollers. This being said, someone would have to know your screen name to give you a cyber whistle, right? If I am wrong on that please let me know...I am not all that computer saavy. When I first signed up on SD I had a guy who found me on yahoo(mind you I did not even have a photo at that time) stating he had seen me here. Very creepy neoprene fetish guy, but I handled it. The crap thing is that he was one of the few (I'm hoping) creeps on SD.com. I would hate for guys like that to ruin it for all the genuinely nice guys on this site. I might be talking nonsense as I have only met a few of them thus far but aside from neoprene fetish guy the men and the women of SD seem wonderful and I am honored to consider myself a part of this group. Trollers are out there, regardless of what you try to do to stop them. Give them a good hard spanking and they just take the crap somewhere else. I can't wait to meet more of you guys (and gals) on at a fabulous dive destination!
Okay!! Enough mushy talk....how about them Rangers??

Edited by BeachBunny, 28 September 2005 - 08:47 AM.

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#36 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:45 AM

Ain't it amazing how people can see things so differently? Annasea linked to my collage, and TG, no one got offended. Quite frankly, some of the photos of the women here are pretty darn revealing. It seems to me, if you didn't want the attention your gorgous body evokes, why post that particular photo? For me, my body ain't that great, that's why it ain't revealed. :wavey: Like I asked Doris once "Can I borrow your body for the weekend?" :welcome:

#37 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:43 AM

Ain't it amazing how people can see things so differently? Annasea linked to my collage, and TG, no one got offended. Quite frankly, some of the photos of the women here are pretty darn revealing. It seems to me, if you didn't want the attention your gorgous body evokes, why post that particular photo? For me, my body ain't that great, that's why it ain't revealed. :cool1: Like I asked Doris once "Can I borrow your body for the weekend?" :diver:

Heck, can I borrow . . .whoops sorry, (bad Hawk - :D - bad Hawk)
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#38 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:00 AM

It was pointed out to me that my collage is no longer there. I think I must have uploaded it from my hard drive, and when I deleted it off my hard drive, I guess it disappeared from the board. SD had nothing to do with it. Or did they? :D

#39 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:00 AM

When I first signed up on SD I had a guy who found me on yahoo(mind you I did not even have a photo at that time) stating he had seen me here. Very creepy neoprene fetish guy, but I handled it. The crap thing is that he was one of the few (I'm hoping) creeps on SD.com. I would hate for guys like that to ruin it for all the genuinely nice guys on this site.

I will tell you like I've told Bahamasita and ALL women on this site...please forward to me or the SD mods/admins ANY odd, weird, stalking, annoying or creepy pm's, emails (although unless you post your email addy in your profile since they are not allowed in your signatures for safety reasons NO ONE but admins, mods, Charter Members, Angels, & Happy Hour Planners can email you via this site. And yes ALL of these groups are part of our trusted circles on SD and as such any email containing the concerns that any of you have expressed so far would be a gross violation of their email priviledges and grounds for immediate removal from the site.)

These types of posts/pm's or via other means i.e. IM etc. are expressely forbidden on our site and in our community guidelines.

You have a number of ways to let us know of such concerns...even if you aren't sure PLEASE send the concern to us as we can see if others have had similar experiences and then decide it they should be warned or ultimately removed from the site. Send your concerns to one of the admins or mods or via pm to comments&concerns or via email to CommentsandConcerns@SingleDivers.com

So BeachBunny and Bahamasita and ANYONE else PLEASE forward your IM correspondence, email correspondence or pm correspondence from the people you've expressed concerns over. These individuals will be dealt with immediately to protect not only you but others on our site. Thank you all for your help with this vital matter.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#40 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:02 AM

It was pointed out to me that my collage is no longer there. I think I must have uploaded it from my hard drive, and when I deleted it off my hard drive, I guess it disappeared from the board. SD had nothing to do with it. Or did they? :D

No my dear...we did not have anything to do with the college disappearing. Nor did any 'ghosts' or mods/admins.

It is as you alluded a result of deleting it off your hard drive. Darn it!! And I wanted to see it! :cool1:

formerly...

#41 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:04 AM

BB edited to direct to the post with both collages together... Don't worry, you're still there!

#42 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:37 AM

Here is my two PSI from a woman's perspective, and this will be my last post.  I think Brinybay's intentions were good ones.  He should not be criticized for them.  However, if those good intentions bore unexpected reactions and offended anyone in any way, even if we don't agree, I think apologies should be in order for the oversight.

You were included only because I thought your picture added to the theme, you were smiling. I would advice not to throw the baby out with the bathwater, your presence (and smiling face) are valued.

Sorry to see you go, but I'm not apologizing for anything.

Edited by Brinybay, 28 September 2005 - 01:32 PM.

"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#43 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:42 AM

It was pointed out to me that my collage is no longer there. I think I must have uploaded it from my hard drive, and when I deleted it off my hard drive, I guess it disappeared from the board. SD had nothing to do with it. Or did they?  :D

BB edited to direct to the post with both collages together... Don't worry, you're still there!

She's referring to a link annasea included in her post regarding a different collage that Fairybasslet did a while back, not the collage I did.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#44 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:43 AM

Oops! My bad! Sorry, I will now step back from any explanations which are incorrect... :D

#45 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:10 PM

Come on folks, get a life. We know all the lovely ladies are smiling because they just finished a dive... or are anticipating their next one. Same with their beautiful eyes.

I would assume that those ladies who do not want their picture displayed on SD would not include one in their profile. For those who object to a particular use, try PM'ing the creator (not the one with the big "C" or is it "sea?") and request that it be removed.

Personally, I'm glad to have my image on (this) board. Of course I'd rather have more that illustrates my content rather than packaging, but at least the image may attract some initial interest (right ladies? please!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users