• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Wench in Greenville/Spartenburg SC Jan 18-22, 2007

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:OW working on AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 19 December 2006 - 08:06 PM

California Dreaming is on Pelham Road off Interstate 85 at exit 54

If you are coming from Spartanburg to Greenville, get off at exit 54 and turn right onto Pelham Rd.
Turn Left at the second red light. Hardees will be on your right as well as Bilo. If you competely pass the Bilo shopping center you have gone too far. California Dreaming is behind Earth Fare. The restaruant is within 1/4 mile of exit 54. If you travel any farther from the interstate you have missed it.

If you are coming from Anderson/Atlanta to Greenville, get off on exit 54 and turn left onto Pelham Rd.
Turn Left at the second red light. Hardees will be on your right as well as Bilo. If you competely pass the Bilo shopping center you have gone too far. California Dreaming is behind Earth Fare. The restaruant is within 1/4 mile of exit 54. If you travel any farther from the interstate you have missed it.

#17 Drewbud

Drewbud

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox, PPB I'm very new to diving but really excited to learn as much as I can.
  • Logged Dives:9...but working real hard to increase that!

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:07 AM

Drew, so when you are and the band going to play in Greenville at The Handlebar??? Dilanna from Rock Star Super Nova was there last week. I keep checking the line up to see if you guys are going to pop up!!!

I'm not sure...I gave the info to our booking agent so hopefully she will work that into our routing. I LOVED her....I'm glad she's out touring!

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:51 AM

California Dreaming is on Pelham Road off Interstate 85 at exit 54

If you are coming from Spartanburg to Greenville, get off at exit 54 and turn right onto Pelham Rd.

If you are coming from Anderson/Atlanta to Greenville, get off on exit 54 and turn left onto Pelham Rd.

Thank you! I just added these to the first post! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 dad+2(.5)

dad+2(.5)

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level:open water,nitrox
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 25 December 2006 - 02:40 PM

sounds great! thanks for the heads up Bill. count me in!
"Here's to woman! Would that we could fall into her arms without falling into her hands"Ambrose Bierce, quoted in Grattan's Bitter Bierce

#20 sudsymark

sudsymark

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Cert Level:Certified as teenager, SSI DiveCon and Scuba Ranger Instructor
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:03 PM

So glad you can make it Robert! :birthday:
In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we underdstand; and we will only understand what we are taught. -Baba Dioum

#21 Jocasseegirl

Jocasseegirl

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:Got my OW at Lake Jocassee in September, 2005 (with Bill Routh)
  • Logged Dives:15-ish

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:05 PM

I'm gonna try to make it, too -- I'll have to drive up from Columbia after leaving work a little early. I'm looking forward to meeting you, Kamala!
Following Him,

Jocasseegirl (aka Debbie Fletcher)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:20 PM

:thankyou: Sounds like we'll have a great turn out! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you as well! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#23 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:58 AM

OK, I will add my name to the list of persons comming to this HH. I will be diving in the hot hole and the pump house on lake keowee on Thursday morning. If any one wants to join in. We will be out of the water early enough to get to the party on time.
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#24 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:31 AM

OK, I will add my name to the list of persons comming to this HH. I will be diving in the hot hole and the pump house on lake keowee on Thursday morning. If any one wants to join in. We will be out of the water early enough to get to the party on time.

I have to ask - what's the likely difference in water temps between those two sites? Hopefully you all will be doing Hot Hole second to allow people to warm up from the earlier dive. :pray:

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#25 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:49 PM

The plan would be to dive the pump house first and then the hot hole. I will guess the water temp at the pump house is in the 50s and the hot hole I know is at 69 degrees. We will have to make the call about the dives after we see how many want to join us
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#26 Jocasseegirl

Jocasseegirl

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:57 PM

:cool1:

the hot hole I know is at 69 degrees

69?? :cool2: Somebody said it was 78. I should know better than to believe everything I read :D
Following Him,

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

#27 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:11 PM

Well, I am still diving wet, so I am definitely out for the pump house. Just too cold for me in a wet suit.

Edited by UnderSeaBumbleBee, 12 January 2007 - 08:16 PM.

#28 Jocasseegirl

Jocasseegirl

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:10 AM

Well, I am still diving wet, so I am definitely out for the pump house. Just too cold for me in a wet suit.

Yeah, I wasn't anticipating the pump house, either :cool2: - just the hot hole.
Following Him,

#29 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:00 AM

Ok, I think I got a bit confused. Bill you are talking about diving the pump house on Jan 18, not the dive we have planned on Feb 17? I was hoping that on the 17th, we could do both dives at the hot hole

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:14 AM

Ok, I think I got a bit confused. Bill you are talking about diving the pump house on Jan 18, not the dive we have planned on Feb 17? I was hoping that on the 17th, we could do both dives at the hot hole

The real SC DOM (Dive of the Month) is the 17th of Feb and your post will be noted as such. Jim was asking if I'd go diving since I was going to be in the area and so I thought well I'd bring my stuff just in case. (Fortunately I have a drysuit and I need to practice in the cold so this would be a good warm up. Plus I got a weezle for christmas and I want to try it out!)

So this is just in addition to your group dive on the 17th!

Hope that helps! And I sure am getting excited about meeting everyone next week! -ww

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users