• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

FULL! Belize...As you've never seen it...April 21-28th, 2007

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#271 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:23 PM

I use an expediting service - last summer I got extra pages in my passport and a 12 month travel visa for India in 8 days total. There is a real cost, which can be significant, but when you only have a little time you can be without the documents it gives you peace of mind that experts are on the case.

The company I used is here: www.passportsandvisas.com

If I had any idea that this was going to happen I would have used a service like this but unfortunately when they told me it would take 6 weeks I believed them.
At this point I am just hoping that I will be able to make the Belize trip. They have not even sent the passport out yet and tomorrow is Friday. That only leaves me Mon, Tues and Wed. If I don't have it by Wed. I won't be going to Belize. :(

I am sure you will get it. As long as you gave them the minimum you are fine. They got mine to me only a couple of days before a trip. You did get insurance did you not? This would ba a great time to add it if you haven't. kamala

Unfortunately trip insurance does not cover not having your passport. The only way it is covered is if you have a police report showing that it was stolen. I did call the Nekton people though and they said they will work with me for rescheduling the trip if worse comes to worse.
Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#272 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:45 PM

You don't have to use an expedite service. You can do this through the passport agency. The service just charge you more for what you can do yourself.

The passport website explains all of this. And there are regional offices where you can walk in if you are within 2 weeks and get your passport on the spot.

#273 scubabjs

scubabjs

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:02 AM

You don't have to use an expedite service. You can do this through the passport agency. The service just charge you more for what you can do yourself.

The passport website explains all of this. And there are regional offices where you can walk in if you are within 2 weeks and get your passport on the spot.

About 10 years ago, I lived in San Fran, and I walked into an office 1 day prior to leaving for London, you have to blow the whole day hanging around, but they will get it done if you have tickets showing your leaving the country.

Bjs
So, if my computer is flashing 212 .. 212 .. 212 does that mean I can't go any deeper?

#274 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:13 AM

I use an expediting service - last summer I got extra pages in my passport and a 12 month travel visa for India in 8 days total. There is a real cost, which can be significant, but when you only have a little time you can be without the documents it gives you peace of mind that experts are on the case.

The company I used is here: www.passportsandvisas.com

If I had any idea that this was going to happen I would have used a service like this but unfortunately when they told me it would take 6 weeks I believed them.
At this point I am just hoping that I will be able to make the Belize trip. They have not even sent the passport out yet and tomorrow is Friday. That only leaves me Mon, Tues and Wed. If I don't have it by Wed. I won't be going to Belize. :P

I am sure you will get it. As long as you gave them the minimum you are fine. They got mine to me only a couple of days before a trip. You did get insurance did you not? This would ba a great time to add it if you haven't. kamala

Ok, things are looking up. I received an e-mail notice that my passport has been sent via fedex overnight which means it will be here on time. I'm sure glad these things only have to be renewed every ten years.

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#275 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:15 AM

Hey Kamala,

Any more details on the after the boat days? Do we have a plan for that weekend yet?

Thanks,
Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#276 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,683 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:03 PM

Hey Kamala,

Any more details on the after the boat days? Do we have a plan for that weekend yet?

Thanks,
Jim

Yes we do! Dave did a great job of putting a side excursion together for us and we are doing the cheaper of the two intins!

I'll shoot you a message with the final details so we can pay the tour operator.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#277 zesach

zesach

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Cert Level:OW + Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:35

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:26 PM

Meetup at DFW before the flight to Belize on Saturday

I'll be arriving into DFW at 9am, connecting on AA2193. Is anyone else on that flight? Let's meet up at the gate/bar??

shafeen

#278 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:27 AM

I'm on that flight to Belize on Saturday. However I don't arrive at DFW until 12:05pm. If nothing else I'll meet everyone at the gate.

#279 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,683 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:08 PM

Payment Update:

1. Karen aka ScubaWishes got your add-ons! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#280 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

Kamala,

Do you know whether or not the Nekton requires glo sticks for night dives? Alot of Ops don't allow them but there are still some that do.

Thanks
Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#281 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:45 PM

I finally started thinking about packing something other than dive gear.

Does the boat provide towels?
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#282 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:14 PM

Yes, they do provide towels. It's nice actually they have a dryer out by the dive deck so there are always warm fluffy towels after a dive and then you just throw them in a hamper before you go inside. Of course there are towels in the rooms as well.

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#283 DIVEAK

DIVEAK

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AI also GUE: DSAT: TDI: EFR /AED Instructor
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:12 PM

Yes, they do provide towels. It's nice actually they have a dryer out by the dive deck so there are always warm fluffy towels after a dive and then you just throw them in a hamper before you go inside. Of course there are towels in the rooms as well.

Jim

Does anyone know if they have internet access on board?
Diveak

#284 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,683 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:00 AM

Kamala,

Do you know whether or not the Nekton requires glo sticks for night dives? Alot of Ops don't allow them but there are still some that do.

Thanks
Jim

This is what the operator sent me:

Good morning Kamala,

We do require a tank light of some sort for night dives. It can be a glo stick (we sell them on board for $3.00 so it is cheaper to bring your own) or a permanent type (usually can be bought at a dive store for under $15.00).

We also require a primary light for each night diver plus a backup light for each buddy pair. I always suggest that each diver carry both a primary and a backup if at all possible. FYI – We do carry a selection of batteries on board in case someone needs to purchase them. As always, it’s cheaper to bring your own.

Thanks,

Pam

formerly...

#285 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,683 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:36 PM

Does anyone know if they have internet access on board?
Diveak

Here is what the boat sent me:

Hi Kamala,

We have no internet access on the boat sorry :birthday:

Here are some phone numbers: On the Saturdays while the boat is in port this number will reach the boat cell phone: 501-623-4376 (no need to dial the 501 if calling from within Belize), While the boat is away from the port, the boat can be reached on the sat phone 011-874-762-103-563 (very expensive - $6.00 per minute on the boat end and then whatever the other ends’ provider charges them. If no one answers the sat phone, they can fax to the sat fax (again very expensive) and ask the guest to call them.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users