• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

July 10th Catalina Dive

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#46 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 11 July 2004 - 07:44 PM

Yes, Dr Bill, so sorry we missed you. After Jen came back in, we realized that we did NOT have an hour after all for drinks, and we did not have your phone number to call. Talk about chugging drinks. I owe you one.

It was a pleasure to meet and dive with everyone. Catalina as always was beautiful, despite the evil ubiquitous meat eating creatures with Rosa on their mind!!! (Folks who were there know what I mean). The diving there has ramped up my WWW appreciation of CA diving. Easier access, clearer water, more marine life. Hmmm, I may need to get a cold water BC next!

Several incidents that day reminded me of the caring/ sharing bond that members of the diving community seem to have and share so readily. A great ??lifestyle?? to be a part of.

The diving was fun, need to study my CA marine life... did not see any angelfish :welcome: , but lots of others that hopefully I will be able to ID the next trip. Got the book already!! Several other large "shapes" in the murky distance that others were able to ID as giant seabass etc :welcome: . Gotta take their word for it, I am not yet used to less than 80 ft plus viz. And the water was actually in the high 60s!!! :hiya:

Dinner and dessert (mmm dessert) afterwards was also great. Should definitely do it again.

Again thanks to Ana and Jen for letting us share their dive, Ken and Dr Bill for being so calm and helpful, and everyone else for just being there and making it a great and fun day. Special honors to merlindiver who flew in from Chicago, literally ran 5 miles (OK blocks) to the ferry with his gear and still stayed cool and collected (OK not cool) :welcome: But he made it.

Gotta do it again soon. :teeth:

#47 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:18 PM

Sweet DG...sounds like another awesome get together. Did anyone get photos and if so, please post them and we can put them in the gallery as well so that EVERYONE can see how much fun our West Coasters have when they get together.
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#48 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:18 PM

Just put about eight pics in my gallery. Enjoy!

Jamie
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#49 sapphire

sapphire

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:28 PM

I will have a few above water photos as soon as I recover my camera from the Catalina Express, LOL!! Wait until you see Dr. Bill with all the women :pray: !! There are some underwater pictures taken by Ken and TJ, we will try to get some posted here. Bob (Merlindiver) took some too... he is on his way back to Chicago but maybe he will post some as well.

Catalina was SOOOO much fun! We had the nicest group of divers ( I think 14 altogether) and it was great to meet everyone. We hung up my SingleDivers.Com TShirt on Dr. Bill's Jeep to identify our crowd :twist: !! Dr. Bill, I am soooo sorry that I told you we would be at the Cantina for an hour... I didn't realize about the early "lining up" time for the ferry schedule and I was going off of departure times. We will definitely make it up to you :) !!

Rosa is very sweet, that must be why she attracts meat eating creatures!! Bob worked very hard for 2 days of diving in California, and they both did great for their first time in the cold water and the kelp! Steve kept us all laughing, and he won a dive knife in the Gold Star program. Tell them about it, Steve! Dr. Bill led us to the wreck of the Sue Jac, the Kismet and the Glass Bottom boat, as well as the swim platform... thanks, Dr. Bill! I hear Matt carried someone's tank all the way from the Ferry dock.. what a guy :evilgrin: ! Stacy kindly lent me some additional weight for the drysuit experience (I didnt have to carry any rocks on the last dive, lol!), and Jan kept us smiling, but had to leave early (although she didn't want to!!).

It was a great day, and at least half of us met for a fun dinner in Long Beach afterwards... an unusual dinner. Remember, Rosa? How many times do you see Superman while you are eating out :-D ??

We need to do this again soon :diver: and get more of you to join us!!

jennifer

#50 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:47 PM

Sounds like fun! I'm heading to the gallery now. :evilgrin:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#51 funlvn66

funlvn66

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced diver
  • Logged Dives:25+

Posted 12 July 2004 - 02:15 PM

Catalina was a lot of fun and very diver friendly! Yes I won a nice dive knife for finding a gold star in the dive park...part of a sherrif department fundraiser being held that day. They drew over 100 divers to the event!!
How do I view the pictures online.......How to I find the Gallery? :twist: :diver: :evilgrin:

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,666 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 July 2004 - 02:42 PM

How do I view the pictures online.......How to I find the Gallery? :twist: :diver: :evilgrin:

Look up in the uppr right corner where you'll see a camera icon. Click on it and you'll see gallery choices. Choose the one(s) you want! Enjoy! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#53 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:07 PM

Oh yeah, Superman. Very studly (not). How could I forget. It's not everyday you see superman in full regalia with a cell phone to his ear striding out of a rockbottom brewery. Definitely a picture moment!!! :dance:
Yet another strange occurence in an already fun day!!!!

#54 sapphire

sapphire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:08 PM

Since I still dont have my camera back... I am forced to resort to link you all to photos of the fantastic SoCal SingleDivers event!!

First of all, our fearless leader, the one who planned the get-together as she does every month!!

Thanks to Ana, everyone met everyone else all day long... also, the energy was kept high for diving, diving and more diving!!

Here she is enjoying a post-dive beverage...

Wrinkles

#55 sapphire

sapphire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:17 PM

I am still trying to get the link to work....

#56 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:26 PM

oh, good, i thought it was me.....

#57 sapphire

sapphire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:28 PM

it works now... :lmao:

#58 sapphire

sapphire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:34 PM

and here is Dr. Bill...

Dr. Bill at work

I have to say the photos are all by TJ Jones (PhotoTJ) so far, which is why I am linking you to his gallery...

#59 No Pressure

No Pressure

• PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Board Status:occasionally bored
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/ Some tech stuff. Now mostly just jump in, float, breathe, get in the zone.
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:55 PM

Sounds like a great time was had by all. I will be geographically closer after the fall, so will be able to fly on out for the next one.
Diving; My zen space.

#60 sapphire

sapphire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:57 PM

We will hold you to that, Mark!! Even plan one in honor of your move :lmao: !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users