• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Where and When for New Year's Eve 2007???

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 14 March 2007 - 02:57 AM

What airport would one fly into, and where is the boat docked?

this would be out of Exuma Services Marina, George Town, Bahamas. The airport code is GGT

TG! I experienced am immigration screening on a Blackbeards once. Much rather do that at an airport. :birthday:

Looks like Continental can get me there and back in one day each for a small fortune but the total week price still looks good.

Depart: 7:40 a.m. Sat., Dec. 29, 2007 Lubbock, TX (LBB) Arrive: 9:12 a.m. Houston, TX (IAH)

Depart: 10:35 a.m. Arrive: 2:03 p.m. Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) Connect time in (FLL) is 3 hours 37 minutes. Yeah they have a Presidents club there :lmao:

Depart: 5:40 p.m. Arrive: 7:15 p.m. Great Exuma Island

Depart: 2:30 p.m. Sat., Jan. 5, 2008 Great Exuma Island, Bahamas (GGT) Arrive: 4:00 p.m. (FLL) Connect time in (FLL) is 2 hours 20 minutes. Good, I hate to feel rushed in Immigration

Depart: 6:20 p.m. Arrive: 8:11 p.m. Houston, TX (IAH

Depart: 8:55 p.m. Arrive: 10:25 p.m. Lubbock, TX (LBB)

Edited by DandyDon, 14 March 2007 - 03:26 AM.

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#17 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:57 AM

:lmao: Count me in!!! When do you expect to be posting the details?

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#18 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:24 AM

this would be out of Exuma Services Marina, George Town, Bahamas. The airport code is GGT

OK, doing some mental planning here. So to get there in time to board the Explorer Ventures at 1500 Saturday I would need to fly into GGT on Friday, Dec. 28th / 07 and stay overnight in George Town to make sure I had extra time in case of issues / delays, etc. That is fine. Will need a recommendation for a place to stay for a night.

Then fly home on the following Saturday, 5th Jan / 08.

(Eyes closed, back of hand pressed to my forehead, with head tilted way back for dramatic effect...) Oh, the stress... Oh, the pain... Oh, the agony... If only some kind soul could come to my rescue and help me plan the air portion of this trip for me. Where can I turn? Who will come to my assistance...? Poor me... :lmao:

Edited by shadragon, 14 March 2007 - 10:32 AM.

Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#19 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:15 AM

OK, doing some mental planning here. So to get there in time to board the Explorer Ventures at 1500 Saturday I would need to fly into GGT on Friday, Dec. 28th / 07 and stay overnight in George Town to make sure I had extra time in case of issues / delays, etc. That is fine. Will need a recommendation for a place to stay for a night.

Then fly home on the following Saturday, 5th Jan / 08.

(Eyes closed, back of hand pressed to my forehead, with head tilted way back for dramatic effect...) Oh, the stress... Oh, the pain... Oh, the agony... If only some kind soul could come to my rescue and help me plan the air portion of this trip for me. Where can I turn? Who will come to my assistance...? Poor me... :-D

:P

you are way too funny for your own good!!! :D

anyway, I, of course, can help with any arrangements you may need

so, you'd be flying from Maine? I did a preliminary seach and see that from that area of the country, you'll have to do an overnight in Atlanta, Miami, or maybe Charlotte; it just depends on the airline

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:45 AM

so, you'd be flying from Maine? I did a preliminary seach and see that from that area of the country, you'll have to do an overnight in Atlanta, Miami, or maybe Charlotte; it just depends on the airline

Or Dallas???? :-D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:49 AM

:D Count me in!!! When do you expect to be posting the details?

VERY VERY SOON! I'm finalizing the details now! :P

You know how I like to make sure that everyone has a chance to have some advanced warning that we are doing something...afterall the spaces are limited... :-D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#22 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:53 AM

Or Dallas???? :-D

Dallas works too!

#23 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:00 PM

OK, doing some mental planning here. So to get there in time to board the Explorer Ventures at 1500 Saturday

Whoa? Posted Image We have to board by 3pm? Did I miss that? I'm sure that all detals will be in the announcement thread, but - where are they going the first night that they want to sail so early...??

Nah, that's not right. Here's their first day plan. What am I missing here...??

Saturday:

1500 Guests board the Caribbean Explorer I at the Exuma Services Marina, George Town

1830 Dinner (snacks or dinner available for those arriving on later flights)

2000 Captain’s Briefing, documents, etc.

2100 Shore leave or simply relax aboard.

Sunday: George Town to Long Island

0500 Depart George Town for 2 ½ hour transit to Long Island; breakfast on arrival.

0900 Begin diving schedule; 4 dives, possibly 5 depending on tide conditions and logistics.

Edited by DandyDon, 14 March 2007 - 12:08 PM.

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#24 ASDmike

ASDmike

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:700ish

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:53 PM

We have to board by 3pm?

Saturday:

1500 Guests board the Caribbean Explorer I at the Exuma Services Marina, George Town

1830 Dinner (snacks or dinner available for those arriving on later flights)

2000 Captain’s Briefing, documents, etc.

2100 Shore leave or simply relax aboard.

Sunday: George Town to Long Island

0500 Depart George Town for 2 ½ hour transit to Long Island; breakfast on arrival.

0900 Begin diving schedule; 4 dives, possibly 5 depending on tide conditions and logistics.

Liveaboards... No boarding BEFORE the crew cleans the whole ship... That be around 3PM. Each liveaboard is different, but this one looks like you are welcome anytime after 1500 and the captain wants to have words with you at 2000...
'06 - Fireworks on History, Singles Fantasy
'07 - Ancient Egypt/Red Sea Liveaboard
'08 - Bonaire Singles Week ...In STYLE!!!

#25 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:38 PM

Liveaboards... No boarding BEFORE the crew cleans the whole ship... That be around 3PM. Each liveaboard is different, but this one looks like you are welcome anytime after 1500 and the captain wants to have words with you at 2000...

Correct. A quick check of flights shows they don't get in until after 2000 which is too late for the briefing. I will be on vacation and spending an extra day so I can relax and take it easy is preferable to running, rushing and potentially missing the boat in case of a serious delay or cancellation. It will be December after all. :-D
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#26 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:40 PM

I know that. shadragon was posting about needing to arrive a day early to board at 3pm, others were going along with it, thot I missed something.

But then, it is winter travel. Perhpaps it would be wise to arrive on Exuma a day early - not Dallas, as that accomplishes nothing. Sorry if I'm too cut & dry, rather than joining the laughter, but I got confused.

Looks like his logical flights would be...

7:05 AM 30 Dec 2007 Bangor, ME 2:40 PM Georgetown, Bahamas

Edited by DandyDon, 14 March 2007 - 01:43 PM.

#27 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 02:03 PM

Excellent! I really enjoy the slight scent of lavender on my bed linen with an extra pillow. Breakfast in bed each day, of course. Two poached eggs (medium) with toast, sausage and bacon along with the stock section of the Financial Post. Latte with extra foam and gentle shake of cinnamon on top, two sugars. Having a pressed T-shirt and swim suit ready each day at the foot of the bunk would be great. Pre-warmed, soft fluffy towel waiting for me after each dive. Tall glass of freshly squeezed orange juice after I strip off the gear with a jug of ice water waiting in the shade. Chocolate chip cookies for an afternoon snack, but if you want to substitute a Danish instead on occasion... Well, I am only human... :P

No need to string the hammock until after dinner. Then the gentle melodic strains of a Brahms symphony as I swing back and forth for sunset during the week. On weekends Pink Floyd - Pulse...

Oh, and I will PM you later about the flight. :-D

Edited by shadragon, 14 March 2007 - 02:12 PM.

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 02:15 PM

Excellent! I really enjoy the slight scent of lavender on my bed linen with an extra pillow. Breakfast in bed each day, of course. Two poached eggs (medium) with toast, sausage and bacon along with the stock section of the Financial Post. Latte with extra foam and gentle shake of cinnamon on top, two sugars. Having a pressed T-shirt and swim suit ready each day at the foot of the bunk would be great. Pre-warmed, soft fluffy towel waiting for me after each dive. Tall glass of freshly squeezed orange juice after I strip off the gear with a jug of ice water waiting in the shade. Chocolate chip cookies for an afternoon snack, but if you want to substitute a Danish instead on occasion... Well, I am only human... :D

No need to string the hammock until after dinner. Then the gentle melodic strains of a Brahms symphony as I swing back and forth for sunset during the week. On weekends Pink Floyd - Pulse...

Oh, and I will PM you later about the flight. :-D

Ok its official...you are nuts! :P

formerly...

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 02:20 PM

I know that. shadragon was posting about needing to arrive a day early to board at 3pm, others were going along with it, thot I missed something.

But then, it is winter travel. Perhpaps it would be wise to arrive on Exuma a day early - not Dallas, as that accomplishes nothing. Sorry if I'm too cut & dry, rather than joining the laughter, but I got confused.

Looks like his logical flights would be...

7:05 AM 30 Dec 2007 Bangor, ME 2:40 PM Georgetown, Bahamas

1. Shadragon may need to overnite somewhere to make all his connections work. Several cities were mentioned and I tossed in Dallas to the mix! (The idea would not be to arrive early in Dallas but to route via Dallas on his return if needed.)

2. Arriving early in the Bahamas is not a bad idea. However since we will take the whole boat if anyone is running late (as often is the case in the Bahamas) we will have flexibility that you don't usually have.

3. I'll verify the final details when I post the trip. However we won't leave until the next day so any arrivals throughout the first day are just fine. If we need the Capt to do a second briefing or to do it later...that works too! :-D

formerly...

#30 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 02:32 PM

Ok its official...you are nuts! :P

I will have you know, my voices tell me I am perfectly sane...

...and that I need more alcohol and ammunition for some strange reason they have not told me about... :-D

Edited by shadragon, 14 March 2007 - 02:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users