• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Singledivers.com at Beneath the Sea Report!!!

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#106 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:06 PM

My Dear Kamala,

YOU were the one to even start this nonsense, even bringing up the fact that flowers were delivered... and now you are reneging on the story.... what gives WW????

RD

Yes a little teasing about the event is fine and could go on forever with this group...but the sender is going to remain who he is and those in the know will remain that way and now we've reached a point where its getting a bit too invasive.

Yes I started it...so its only fair that I request that it stop.

Its time to see if the flowers work...and the magic develops and then can sustain itself and THEN we can play a fun guessing game again! :)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#107 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:09 PM

Just got this from one of my sources:

Diving exhibition draws many with deep love of sport
Sunday, March 25, 2007

By ANDREA ALEXANDER, STAFF WRITER
The Record www.northjersey.com

"The wrecks in New Jersey are phenomenal," said Eric Petrevich, a member of
Single Divers, a group that helps find diving buddies and had a booth at
the show.
Petrevich dives in the state's reservoirs and rivers, and swam with seals
off Tuckerton. "Diving here is as enjoyable as many places in the world,"
he said. "People go to Mexico to dive with the seals, but you can do that
right here."

Copyright © 2007 North Jersey Media Group Inc.

Gosh I wish thet they would have gotten the .com on the end of the name....BUT if anyone does a google search we should show up!

And Eric....WAY TO GO!!!! :)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#108 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:08 AM

[b]Ok face it folks...we aren't going to guess who it is, those that know won't tell and the sender is going to let Kimmie know when the time is right!

Actually, I may offer a different solution.

I'll set up an auction on ebay. The highest bidder gets to find out who sent them.

OR the sender can offer to "beat" the highest bid and I keep it a secret! :D

This is the US and capitalism rules! :)

(Note, this is a joke. The secret is safe with me.)
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#109 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:17 AM

Well, in that case let's bring the thread back to the discussion topic at hand:

Have the dates and / or venue for next years BTS been announced? Is it something we can mark on our calendars and start planning around?

When the dates are announced, perhaps a thread set-up similar to a regular trip would work with a list of who is going, interested, etc. Treat it just like any other SD trip. May even get a discount on airfare through SD for those of us locationally challenged folks who would have to fly in. :)
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#110 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:57 AM

Have the dates and / or venue for next years BTS been announced? Is it something we can mark on our calendars and start planning around?

When the dates are announced, perhaps a thread set-up similar to a regular trip would work with a list of who is going, interested, etc. Treat it just like any other SD trip. May even get a discount on airfare through SD for those of us locationally challenged folks who would have to fly in. :)

Now that would be an interesting trip... :D

Let me see...we usually offer diving....nope none here...not even the pool this year for discover scuba
We usually offer a free t-shirt on an SD trip...check got that!
We usually offer 'meet and greets'...yep got that...
We usually do at least one big SD Happy Hour...yep, got that too! (In fact we've been approaced by a sponsor to make it bigger and add free beer to it!)
We usually offer TONS OF FUN on our trips....yep got that too!

So I guess you could treat it as a trip...but we do treat events the same as trips for the most part! (We do sign ups the same way, etc. However as soon as we get the dates for next year we can start the planning and plotting for 2008!)

As for discounts...

1. You can get into the show for free (normally $20 a day I think) if you work a minimum number of hours for BTS and/or work all 3 days for SD. (We have at least one badge that is a 'staff' badge which can allow a few folks in if only working a full day or just the weekend.)
2. We usually have to pay an huge hotel bill for those from out of town but since Colin aka NYDiver has joined our team he graciously supplies several rooms for those volunteering for all 3 days...ie. the fly in people or those who have driven a very long way for the express purpose of helping us at the show.
And don't forget our very own MooseMotel...he has graciously offered his abode for free accommodations too!
3. We usually have to pay thru the teeth for food...but several meals are comp'd while working the show so that helps in that arena! Plus you get access to a number of the BIG parties where food and drinks are served!
4. Not sure what I could do on airfare discounts...the reason we work so hard at this show is to earn our booth for a discounted price. By the time we pay for everything...it is the most expensive show we do and also the reason that this year its the only show we are doing. But who knows...maybe one of our benefactors will sponsor some discounts on air for a few lucky members... :fish:

formerly...

#111 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:24 AM

And don't forget our very own MooseMotel...he has graciously offered his abode for free accommodations too!

Well that is true, but you need a fish tail and bikini top to take advantage of that offer... :)
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#112 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:42 AM

Well that is true, but you need a fish tail and bikini top to take advantage of that offer... :)

I completely resent that comment. This is NOT true.

I'd be happy to take any female SANS fish tail and bikini top as well! :D
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#113 nydiver

nydiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~200

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:43 AM

Never changes, Meadowlands Expo center in Secaucus (sp?), NJ, 3rd week in March, so for 2008 its March 21st -23rd, 2008. There are a few hotels right there, Embassy suites, Holiday Inn, Amerisuites, Courtyard, and Hampton Inn. For those with Mariott points your all covered with 2 hotels right there, the Holiday Inn didn't seem too far of a walk for me, maybe 150 yards away from the front entrance with valet parking to BTS (2 people did complain it was too far after the happy hour and asked about embassy suites next year, also I would emplore all to use the Valet parking at $8 for the weekend, its harder for them to lose a car :) ), We will try and goto Courtyard next year or the year after (it takes a while to build points AND get rooms with them before they're gone) We are at least guaranteed the Holiday Inn for next year again.

Edited by finGrabber, 30 March 2007 - 10:19 AM.

#114 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:50 AM

Ok - I finally took a long enough break from snowboarding to read this whole thread.

First of all (this should give everyone a chuckle) when I read about the flowers and teddy I was thinking of a totally different type of teddy. I thought, "wow, that's a pretty daring step for a secret admirer...". But then I realized it was a bear and not lingerie! Whew! Apparently, I have to get my mind out of the gutter.

Now....for my newest diabolical idea for next year's BTS! (I am full of them):
How about a bachelor auction? (only after the bachelors have finished carting the mermaids around of course...). Then we can determine once and for all whether Trace or Moose is the bigger "player" and we could donate all the money we raise to stopping shark finning or whatever we decide and cause a huge spectacle and get lots of publicity for SD. Of course if any of our lovely ladies want to volunteer, we could have a bachelorette auction as well.

OK - I'm off to the mountain....
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#115 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:52 AM

Never changes, Meadowlands Expo center in Secaucus (sp?), NJ, 3rd week in April, so for 2008 its April 21st -23rd, 2008. There are a few hotels right there, Embassy suites, Holiday Inn, Amerisuites, Courtyard, and Hampton Inn. For those with Mariott points your all covered with 2 hotels right there, the Holiday Inn didn't seem too far of a walk for me, maybe 150 yards away from the front entrance with valet parking to BTS (2 people did complain it was too far after the happy hour and asked about embassy suites next year, also I would emplore all to use the Valet parking at $8 for the weekend, its harder for them to lose a car :) ), We will try and goto Courtyard next year or the year after (it takes a while to build points AND get rooms with them before they're gone) We are at least guaranteed the Holiday Inn for next year again.

I live only about 15-20 min from there so someone is welcome to crash on my futon.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#116 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:02 AM

I live only about 15-20 min from there so someone is welcome to crash on my futon.

Dear God.

#117 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:02 AM

Presumably, that offer depends how successful you are at the bachelor auction... hahaha

#118 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:20 AM

Never changes, Meadowlands Expo center in Secaucus (sp?), NJ, 3rd week in March, so for 2008 its March 21st -23rd, 2008. There are a few hotels right there, Embassy suites, Holiday Inn, Amerisuites, Courtyard, and Hampton Inn. For those with Mariott points your all covered with 2 hotels right there, the Holiday Inn didn't seem too far of a walk for me, maybe 150 yards away from the front entrance with valet parking to BTS (2 people did complain it was too far after the happy hour and asked about embassy suites next year, also I would emplore all to use the Valet parking at $8 for the weekend, its harder for them to lose a car :) ), We will try and goto Courtyard next year or the year after (it takes a while to build points AND get rooms with them before they're gone) We are at least guaranteed the Holiday Inn for next year again.

Hey nydiver - I fixed a typo regarding the month - the show is in March, not April; if they did the show in April, no one would go because the weather would be great by then!

#119 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:21 AM

Dear God.

Fortunately for Pocohantas God has already reserved her futon for next year...how did you know?

However coming to the show will still get you VERY close to her and all the SD beauties! WOW!!! All that and SD beauties and mermaids.... :)

formerly...

#120 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:25 AM

Ok - I finally took a long enough break from snowboarding to read this whole thread.

First of all (this should give everyone a chuckle) when I read about the flowers and teddy I was thinking of a totally different type of teddy. I thought, "wow, that's a pretty daring step for a secret admirer...". But then I realized it was a bear and not lingerie! Whew! Apparently, I have to get my mind out of the gutter.

Now....for my newest diabolical idea for next year's BTS! (I am full of them):
How about a bachelor auction? (only after the bachelors have finished carting the mermaids around of course...). Then we can determine once and for all whether Trace or Moose is the bigger "player" and we could donate all the money we raise to stopping shark finning or whatever we decide and cause a huge spectacle and get lots of publicity for SD. Of course if any of our lovely ladies want to volunteer, we could have a bachelorette auction as well.

OK - I'm off to the mountain....

FANTASITIC IDEA!!! And now is the time to start planning it! Someone want to start a new thread in the Eastern Seaboard forum called Bachelor & Bachelorette Charity Auction for BTS 2008? Then we can start the planning now and really pull this off.

I second the support of stopping shark finning or a similar worthy cause. We can look at some of our worthy causes we support now...notably HSA Handicapped Scuba Association as well as a number of other great causes.

Don't forget our very own Hipshot, Penguin and several other front runners for SD HOT HUNKS!! Heck we might even get our very own hunky PerroneFord to come up north to be part of the fun! :)

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users