• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

x2009 Trip Discussions...

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:38 PM

Kamala what happened to the Maldives ???Liz
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:13 PM

Kamala what happened to the Maldives ???Liz

Depending on price will be either late 2008 or early 2009. Once I finish 2008 trips I will immediately start working on 2009. I will not wait to the end of the year. I will also start more discussion threads so we can get a better idea of what people want for example Thailand or Maldives or both?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

How about Cuba?

http://www.oceanus.c...ml/oceanus.html

:cool1:
I'd do this in a heart beat.

Unfortunately while they still have a website, the company is no longer operating this trip :( Not sure if there are any other options for this type of trip or not.

:bam: Damn Internet, once something gets on it, you can't get rid of it. :P

I understand that Cuba has pretty reefs but no fish. Not sure if this is true or not.

It is illegal for US citizens to spend money in Cuba, but not illegal to visit.

#34 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

How about Cuba?

http://www.oceanus.c...ml/oceanus.html

:wakawaka:
I'd do this in a heart beat.

Unfortunately while they still have a website, the company is no longer operating this trip :birthday: Not sure if there are any other options for this type of trip or not.

:wakawaka: Damn Internet, once something gets on it, you can't get rid of it. :thankyou:

I understand that Cuba has pretty reefs but no fish. Not sure if this is true or not.

It is illegal for US citizens to spend money in Cuba, but not illegal to visit.

Can you say CATCH 22
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#35 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

There was talk of a Northern Australia Trip. There is a good article on the trip (including visiting the Koalas in Cairns :D) in the March 2008 issue of Scuba Diving Magazine.

#36 MetriRN

MetriRN

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Board Status:Registered Nurse. Working like a dog to save money for another dive trip
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:340+

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

Well one trip I'm actually looking into is a multi country trip. I'd like to do a liveaboard(10 or 12 days) in the Solomon Islands then over to Oz(Australia). Either dive in Oz or head up to PNG. In PNG I was thinking of either 7 or 10 days at Tawali Resort in Milne Bay and then up to Kimbe Bay in New Britian, PNG and spend a week to 10 days on either Febrina or Star Dancer. After that if you haven't already done any diving in Oz you could do it then or return home. It would also be real easy to add Fiji before the Solomons if people were interested.

Now THAT sounds like a great multi-country trip! (salivating)
Carry On!

#37 MetriRN

MetriRN

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Board Status:Registered Nurse. Working like a dog to save money for another dive trip
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:340+

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:20 PM

Well, there are a few of us that haven't been able to retire independently wealthy. So, I would definitely have to forego a month long (1/2 my annual salary) trip :thankyou:

But since you are on the subject of 2009 and you said the coral spawing TFG is a 2 year reservation .... I'd be up for a coral spawning trip in 2009.

I'd also be happy to return to Phuket as an individual trip or do Palau.

I second a coral spawning trip in 2009.
Carry On!

#38 Kuraman

Kuraman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Cert Level:IDC Staff Instructor
  • Logged Dives:Over 1000 now, quit logging and quit counting

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:58 AM

Thought I'd put my 2 cents in here. I am definitely up for any trip to this part of the world, ASIA. I have been to a few of the places I have seen suggested on this forum, some more than once so here goes.

Maldives - fantastic, would go again in a heartbeat, but only as a liveaboard. There is a great one that only hold 10-12 divers.

Palau - Fantastic, something for everyone. Shorebased of liveaboard samasama, would love to go back for a 3rd time

Chuuk - Wreck divers dream been there twice, but would recommend it

Similans & Richelieu Rock Thailand - liveaboard, been there 3 times, would do again, always see something different

GBR - well there has to be one downer. I have been 3 timmes, and was NOT impressed. "combat" diving, not really much to see unless your really into reef sharks and a few turtles. It is one of those "has to be done" things, but everyone I know has been disappointed, Cozy is better.

Vietnam - a few really good dive sites at Nha Trang, and a great place for your preflight surface interval, but only 3-4 days worth of diving to"see-it-all"

Manado - I haven't seen this mentioned, but some great diving. and Lembeh is a world class muck dive site, Been the 6-7 times, and can't wait to go back (I need more vacation).

Would definitely join a Red Sea trip, or Komodo/Alores
Formerly known as "DixieDiver25" but changed for a nice donation to SingleDivers.com. Kuraman means 'Turtle Man".

#39 Kuraman

Kuraman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Cert Level:IDC Staff Instructor
  • Logged Dives:Over 1000 now, quit logging and quit counting

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:48 PM

I know Bali Wakatobi are this year (2008) but there seems to be a lot of interest in Thailand. Thailand, Manado, Sipidan, Palau are all within a 1 1/2 to 2 hr flight of each other (well Palau is farthere, but you have to stop in Philippines). A 4-5 day liveaboard in Similans/Rchelieu Rock, then off to somewhere would be a great trip.
Formerly known as "DixieDiver25" but changed for a nice donation to SingleDivers.com. Kuraman means 'Turtle Man".

#40 shawnabbott

shawnabbott

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

I would be interested in Thailand too, but with my family restrictions, and WW knows what they are, I can't be gone more than 10 days or so...2 weeks is pushing it...so a segmented trip would be ideal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users