• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

FULL! Bahamas New Year's Eve Island Dream Dec 29-Jan 5th

• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#16 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:09 AM

With at least 10 of 18 spaces spoken for, you may well find yourself on a wait list if you wait until then - or booking upper deck if that's all that's left.

Don, as I read the first post in the thread, no space is spoken for until WW receives a deposit for that spot; so there is no difference here from any other trip. I am sure we will have a few months until the list fills and a wait list is required. This will be a popular trip, no doubt. However, I am sure the SD staff will give everyone equal opportunity for anyone interested. :thankyou:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:23 AM

LODGING for Fri nite, Dec 28 (and Sat nite, Jan 5 if needed)....

KAMALA (and the rest of the gang) -- Since I've already been to G'Town, I would be happy to work on lodging if you'd like. (If I can bake a zillion cookies for BeneathTheSea, I can do this!) Lemme know. -s.

Sure! I don't think we have lots of options and as DD says...we'll need to act fast. So sure...any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Once we have a place or two picked out I'll see if we can get a better rate from them!

:thankyou: again for all your help! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:13 PM

Ok just added everyone to the 'Check's In the Mail' list that wanted to be there! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:49 PM

I do have an availability listing. The only person who booked her air was diverbabs I think. I'll be sending pms to everyone to let them know they can reserve rooms now.

I don't think you actually noticed what I said.

Don please look at the first post and you'll see how many upper and lower bunks are available. I've put it in larger type and red so it is easier to see....

This is what it looks like:

Lower Berths: 10 total with 3 available
Upper Berths: 8 total with 7 available

I hope this helps to know what is available and what is not.

formerly...

#20 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:53 PM

Good approach, better than my idea - cool. :lmao:

Edited by DandyDon, 20 June 2007 - 01:02 PM.

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#21 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:17 PM

KAMALA (and the rest of the gang) -- Since I've already been to G'Town, I would be happy to work on lodging if you'd like. (If I can bake a zillion cookies for BeneathTheSea, I can do this!) Lemme know. -s.

Sure! I don't think we have lots of options and as DD says...we'll need to act fast. So sure...any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Once we have a place or two picked out I'll see if we can get a better rate from them!

:lmao: again for all your help! kamala

HEY... I see your reply and will get onto it pronto. Kamala.... It is we who owe you all the thanks. We are glad to help!

From my earlier post today... Fri nite lodging in George Town: I stayed in G'town a few years ago. I don't know if you're still working on lodging for Fri nite, but thought I'd throw a comment in here. PEACE AND PLENTY is the most well known and comfortable inn. I checked a few months back and they quoted the room rate as $175+$37tax for a double. They said they have Group rates (10 rooms are less 10%). I'm sure you could do a better than this.
When I was there, I stayed across the street at MARSHALL'S GUEST HOUSE. It was spare, but clean and quite cheap. From the point of view of safety of dive gear, I would assume that Peace and Plenty might be safer, based on layout. However, I didn't have any problem at Marshall's.

Will update this info and catch everyone soon. -s.

#22 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:35 PM

:lmao: again for all your help! kamala

HEY... I see your reply and will get onto it pronto. Kamala.... It is we who owe you all the thanks. We are glad to help!

From my earlier post today... Fri nite lodging in George Town: I stayed in G'town a few years ago. I don't know if you're still working on lodging for Fri nite, but thought I'd throw a comment in here. PEACE AND PLENTY is the most well known and comfortable inn. I checked a few months back and they quoted the room rate as $175+$37tax for a double. They said they have Group rates (10 rooms are less 10%). I'm sure you could do a better than this.
When I was there, I stayed across the street at MARSHALL'S GUEST HOUSE. It was spare, but clean and quite cheap. From the point of view of safety of dive gear, I would assume that Peace and Plenty might be safer, based on layout. However, I didn't have any problem at Marshall's.

Will update this info and catch everyone soon. -s.

Either place will work for me, but from what I hear and have read... crime is almost non-existent in Georgetown. :thankyou:

:thankyou: for all the legwork!

Barb
(diverbabs)
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#23 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:02 PM

OK Kamala, I am in. Cheque's in the mail. Upper deck twin, lower berth please. Nitrox intruction please (I have study materials) plus nitrox threafter. Flight details tbc as don't yet know where I will be flying from. Plan around 27 Dec arrival. Dep 5th Jan.
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#24 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

Either place will work for me, but from what I hear and have read... crime is almost non-existent in Georgetown. :thankyou:
:lmao: for all the legwork!
Barb (diverbabs)

Barb is right! The people in G'Town were wonderful. I was running around all hours of the day and night (oops.. too much information here), and felt very safe!! Nevertheless, it is a poor community, and gear can easily be taken in any community. I feel a responsibility to all of you as I help in selecting a place to stay; that is just one more variable to be aware of. Now, having gotten that off my chest, here are LODGING DETAILS:

CLUB PEACE AND PLENTY (800-525-2210): Holiday season is Dec 25-Jan 1, with a minimum booking of 7 nites. NO single nite bookings. We can call back about Dec 15; if anything is still open, they will consider one nite. Yeah, right, we are going to do that.

TWO TURTLES INN. Used to be #2 favorite among visitors, after Peace And Plenty. Now closed.

MOUNT PLEASANT INN (242-336-2960): About 3 miles outside town. Name given to me by Club P&P. I didn't call them yet, but I can if the idea below doesn't appeal to ya.

MARSHALL'S GUEST HOUSE (242-336-2328). They are across the street from Club P&P (on the main drag ... tis a small drag, at that). Marshall's is extremely close to the pier where I assume we will be leaving from. I stayed there, and found it clean. If you don't like spare, stay home, ok? They have rooms (mostly because finding their phone number takes, well, a librarian (oops, that's me). They have 8 rooms at $100.70 per room ($95+tax). 7 rooms have 2 dbl beds and 1 room has a king.

I asked if they had group rates, and Mrs Marshall said, "No, not for one nite." I am with Mrs Marshall on this one. This is a fair rate, and we will fly in and go out on a dive boat next day, for God's sake. I wasn't going to try and shake her down past $50 bucks a head. I told Mrs. Marshall that we would call her back very soon.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU....
  • Are you ok with Marshall's as the choice for Fri, Dec 28? Is price OK?
  • Do you need a room for Sat, Jan 5? (Or, you could go to Club Peace & Plenty that nite)
Please PM me with your choices and I will consolidate them here. Kamala can then decide if she wants to proceed as is or if she want to give them a call. -cat

#25 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:20 PM

Barb is right! The people in G'Town were wonderful. I was running around all hours of the day and night (oops.. too much information here), and felt very safe!! Nevertheless, it is a poor community, and gear can easily be taken in any community. I feel a responsibility to all of you as I help in selecting a place to stay; that is just one more variable to be aware of. Now, having gotten that off my chest, here are LODGING DETAILS:

CLUB PEACE AND PLENTY (800-525-2210): Holiday season is Dec 25-Jan 1, with a minimum booking of 7 nites. NO single nite bookings. We can call back about Dec 15; if anything is still open, they will consider one nite. Yeah, right, we are going to do that.

TWO TURTLES INN. Used to be #2 favorite among visitors, after Peace And Plenty. Now closed.

MOUNT PLEASANT INN (242-336-2960): About 3 miles outside town. Name given to me by Club P&P. I didn't call them yet, but I can if the idea below doesn't appeal to ya.

MARSHALL'S GUEST HOUSE (242-336-2328). They are across the street from Club P&P (on the main drag ... tis a small drag, at that). Marshall's is extremely close to the pier where I assume we will be leaving from. I stayed there, and found it clean. If you don't like spare, stay home, ok? They have rooms (mostly because finding their phone number takes, well, a librarian (oops, that's me). They have 8 rooms at $100.70 per room ($95+tax). 7 rooms have 2 dbl beds and 1 room has a king.

I asked if they had group rates, and Mrs Marshall said, "No, not for one nite." I am with Mrs Marshall on this one. This is a fair rate, and we will fly in and go out on a dive boat next day, for God's sake. I wasn't going to try and shake her down past $50 bucks a head. I told Mrs. Marshall that we would call her back very soon.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU....

• Do you need a room for Sat, Jan 5? (Or, you could go to Club Peace & Plenty that nite)
Please PM me with your choices and I will consolidate them here. Kamala can then decide if she wants to proceed as is or if she want to give them a call. -cat

Boy this discussion could take pages - should have had this on the other thread, maybe? Well, we're getting to it, and Catfish has done great.

I see where there could be challenges, very few hotels to chose from, 7 night minimums during the holidays, etc. I guess you mean "sparse" for "spare"? Not correcting a librarian here, but - wondering. Anyway, this sounds fine - really fine to me. Hell, we can post our own guards for one night. :D I like it...!!

I phoned Kamala, and as she's at her mom's hospital with no internet - she had me read this to her. She asked me to post that this sounds good to her, and she will call them to set this up in the morning.

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#26 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:40 PM

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU....

UPDATE (11:00PM EST): Please do NOT worry about the rooms. I placed a hold on them earlier today.I just need you to answer the two questions above: (1) Are you willing to take this room/do you even need a room for Friday nite; (2) Do you need a room for Sat.

Please do NOT call Marshall's Hotel; I put the phone number in because I like to keep stuff together. If I get run over by a bus, you have the number! If every one of us calls that number, you will book on top of a booking that you already have. So far I've had two people telling me they were going to do that. Please don't! This is a very simple task for me and we've got a good handle on it, I promise. We can leave Kamala alone to take care of her mother; we don't need to take up Kamala's time for this task. Thanks, -sylvia

Edited by cat fish, 20 June 2007 - 08:59 PM.

#27 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:14 PM

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU....

UPDATE (11:00PM EST): Please do NOT worry about the rooms. I placed a hold on them earlier today.I just need you to answer the two questions above: (1) Are you willing to take this room/do you even need a room for Friday nite; (2) Do you need a room for Sat.

Please do NOT call Marshall's Hotel; I put the phone number in because I like to keep stuff together. If I get run over by a bus, you have the number! If every one of us calls that number, you will book on top of a booking that you already have. So far I've had two people telling me they were going to do that. Please don't! This is a very simple task for me and we've got a good handle on it, I promise. We can leave Kamala alone to take care of her mother; we don't need to take up Kamala's time for this task. Thanks, -sylvia

Sounds great! Glad you got the rooms blocked for us. I'm pretty sure I told you this in PM, but didn't save a copy, so yeah - get me a room Friday night at Marshal's, please - not for after the boat. D/O or private, for one night - $50 difference at this point is not important. I just don't share a king bed - it's a guy thing, maybe?

In general, Kamala needs to oversee these things, but - when she's overwhelmed as she is now between last weeks trip, this weekends trip, personal needs, etc - it's great of you to step in. I've done some of that myself, but blocking the rooms and keeping up with a list is nearly heroic - I know, as I've experienced doing such.

I held off on the plane ticket over this room thing as I didn't want to have a ticket and no room, as tight as rooms will be for that night on that tiny speck of fossilized coral. When I finally did call my banks credit card points department to cash in the points for all but $26 the ticket, the lady tried to charge me an extra $200 over the going rate?! Had to get her Sup to fix it, some glitch between their computer and Continental's. Always good to have the research in front of you. Ok, Kamala has my boat, you have my room, and I have my ticket. It only took several months.

Yeah, six months in advance, but didn't want to wait any longer on my plane ticket, tho - as there are not many choices on flights in on the 28th or out on the 5th, and they are tiny planes at that.

#28 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:29 PM

(1) I need a double for Fri. Dec. 28, for my daughter[TXAggieDiver] & me
(2)Yes, the price is right
(3)No room for Jan. 5

Thanx, for all your time and effort, and look forward to diving with you.

Bill

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU....

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#29 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:33 AM

ScubaTEX and DandyDon -- Got It! Will talk with folks again soon. No problem-o! -s.

#30 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:10 AM

Cat - Marshals is fine with me. I will take the King room please for the Friday night. I don't think I will need a room on the back end, but I have not bought my air yet...

Thanks for stepping in and assisting.

Kamala - best wishes for you and your Mum
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users