• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

FULL! Bahamas New Year's Eve Island Dream Dec 29-Jan 5th

• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:12 AM

Marshal's is my first choice as well...Cat thank you soooooooooo much for handling this. I am happy to pay for the reservation and let people add this to their trip bill. The critical part is that we have the rooms and I'm sure most people will want to join in WHEREVER the party is at. Or they can find someplace else. We'll just make this the group hotel! :thankyou:

My mom had a rough night but is doing better this morning. I will have access most of the day so will play catch up. :thankyou: for helping with this...THIS IS WHAT MAKES SD SO SPECIAL...THE PEOPLE!!! :respect:

p..s adding who's staying at Marshal's to the first post.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:26 AM

OK Kamala, I am in. Cheque's in the mail. Upper deck twin, lower berth please. Nitrox intruction please (I have study materials) plus nitrox threafter. Flight details tbc as don't yet know where I will be flying from. Plan around 27 Dec arrival. Dep 5th Jan.

Awesome! Simply Awesome!!! Got you on the list! And it will be GREAT to have you! If you do arrive early let us know as we suggest you stay at Marshal's for any extra days. We've taken every room they have for the 28th so far...

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:40 AM

Important Trip Update:

Thanks to Silvia aka Catfish we have rooms for Dec 28th for those arriving early! :thankyou: I have updated the first thread to show this informatiion and to add it to the main post so we can capture who needs rooms and who does not. PLEASE let us know as soon as you can and keep in mind that the number of rooms are limited to 15 max if we allow the king room to be a single and 16 max if we do the king room as a d/o.

Please do not try to book the hotel yourself...we have all the rooms or enough to cover our needs. If you wish to stay elsewhere that is perfectly fine...just let us know!

Thank you again catfish...you are the best! :thankyou:

formerly...

#34 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:45 AM

OK, I see your notes. Catch ya later tonight with an update

So glad to hear the good news about your mom!!!!!
....... s.

#35 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:47 AM

PLEASE let us know as soon as you can and keep in mind that the number of rooms are limited to 15 max if we allow the king room to be a single and 16 max if we do the king room as a d/o.

Happy to share if a need is there. I keep thinking of Planes, Trains and Automobiles... That's not a pillow... :thankyou:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#36 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:39 AM

OK Kamala, I am in. Cheque's in the mail. Upper deck twin, lower berth please. Nitrox intruction please (I have study materials) plus nitrox threafter. Flight details tbc as don't yet know where I will be flying from. Plan around 27 Dec arrival. Dep 5th Jan.

Awesome! Simply Awesome!!! Got you on the list! And it will be GREAT to have you! If you do arrive early let us know as we suggest you stay at Marshal's for any extra days. We've taken every room they have for the 28th so far...

Marshalls sounds perfect - will do for me. Will confirm arrival once flights sorted (PM'd FG) Thanks Silvia.
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#37 netmage

netmage

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:54 PM

Unexpected bonus arrives tomorrow... so I can commit. Check for full amt will be in the mail tomorrow. I need to iron out where I'll be spending christmas. In Ohio w/ the family, or just Thanksgiving. Not sure if I want to drag all my dive gear up o CVG or fly back into FLL for a day or two just to leave to GGT.

Re: the lead, I use a 6lb backplate and sink due to my thick skull.
"I aim to misbehave...."

#38 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:55 PM

Hi Kamala (and everyone)!
I had a great chat with Veronica Marshall tonight, and firmed up details about putting a down payment on our rooms. She wasn't too worried, but I wanted those babies locked down. :cheerleader: I told her that you, Kamala, would send a cheque next week or whenever you can. She knows you are busy with your mom. We will wait to hear instructions from you, Kamala, as to when you want the cash from us, ok? I will send you payment details and her mailing address via PM.

I called three times today. She was out shopping, then out again, and then and choir practice and eventually we talked after 10pm. Perhaps another good reason why we limited those SD callers?? She is heading to Nassau tomorrow to sing with her church choir and I'm heading to DC for a conference, so we both wanted to square things up. Oh, if I remember correctly, there is also a restaurant there where I had breakfast. As long as you are not in a hurry, you'll like it. By the way, do not be in a hurry anywhere in Exhuma! Nobody will listen to you anyway.

Kamala .. I'm ready for the next assignment (this one was easy). Over and out... sylvia

#39 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:23 PM

Posted Image

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#40 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:32 PM

Hi Kamala (and everyone)!
I had a great chat with Veronica Marshall tonight, and firmed up details about putting a down payment on our rooms. She wasn't too worried, but I wanted those babies locked down. :taz: I told her that you, Kamala, would send a cheque next week or whenever you can. She knows you are busy with your mom. We will wait to hear instructions from you, Kamala, as to when you want the cash from us, ok? I will send you payment details and her mailing address via PM.

I called three times today. She was out shopping, then out again, and then and choir practice and eventually we talked after 10pm. Perhaps another good reason why we limited those SD callers?? She is heading to Nassau tomorrow to sing with her church choir and I'm heading to DC for a conference, so we both wanted to square things up. Oh, if I remember correctly, there is also a restaurant there where I had breakfast. As long as you are not in a hurry, you'll like it. By the way, do not be in a hurry anywhere in Exhuma! Nobody will listen to you anyway.

Kamala .. I'm ready for the next assignment (this one was easy). Over and out... sylvia

Thank you! I'll get her money asap! Hmm...next assignment eh? I'll give that some thought and let you know! :cheerleader:

formerly...

#41 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:16 AM

Lead weights - 7kgs - about 16lbs I think.
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#42 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:12 AM

Here is a PDF file with available rental gear and prices from the M/V Caribbean Explorer I. Decent rates actually with Pony's available for $50 a week so I will definitely take one of those... :unsure:

Attached Files

Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#43 H20 Bug

H20 Bug

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveControlSpecial Cert
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

I already have my plane ticket too, somehow my name didn't get onto the list from the other thread.

Can I still be added? lower deck, I'll send a check Jun 30th when I'm back in town and provide any other needed info then.

I arrive on Friday afternoon, so I'll also need to share one of the rooms that's been reserved (thanks cat fish for finding and reserving the rooms for us).
Any time spent in, on, around or underwater adds days to your life.

#44 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

Booked air today; TXAggieDiver [aka Erica] & I will be arriving 1335, 28 Dec, on Continental from FLL; and will depart 1430, 5 Jan.

Both of us will be diving Nitrox - I need 24 lbs lead, [but working on getting it lower] - Her, never guess a lady's weight, even lead.

I've e-mailed her the SD survey & waiver forms, but right now she's concentrating on closing on a house [maybe in a month or so, I'll go lay on the bottom of her pool, bouyancy control, yeah]. Me, my DAN ins. expires 12/31, so I'm working on renewal, before sending my info.

Wench - hope your Mom is recovering quickly.

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#45 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:38 PM

I already have my plane ticket too, somehow my name didn't get onto the list from the other thread.

Can I still be added? lower deck, I'll send a check Jun 30th when I'm back in town and provide any other needed info then.

I arrive on Friday afternoon, so I'll also need to share one of the rooms that's been reserved (thanks cat fish for finding and reserving the rooms for us).

I tried to PM you, as WWench is kinda overwhelmed - but it seems that you're not accepting PMs - or not from me maybe? Posted Image Glad you posted...
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users