• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Lessons learned from past relationships

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:41 AM

Man I could tell you stories that would turn your hair white!!! For about 20 years I must have walked around with a sign on my back that read "Ladies Kick Here" until I finally "Understood WOmen"

But I still got in line for yet another thrilling daredevil white knukle ride and I have NEVER ridden the teacps!!!

psttt here is the secret....."women are ALWAYS right"

I have the perfect picture to send you. PM me your email and I will send it along. I would post it, but I enjoy breathing too much... hahaha
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#17 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:04 PM

Sha

i would like to see that as well so please PM that to me.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#18 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:15 PM

Is this one of the Rules things:
RULE #1- SHE IS ALWAYS RIGHT!
RULE #2- IF SHE IS EVER WRONG, REFER TO RULE #1
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#19 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:16 PM

There are very few relationships I've been in that I would consider a waste of my time. With very few exceptions, I tend to remain friends with the women I've been with... going all the way back to my high school sweetheart over 40 years ago. Although none of these relationships have turned into life-long romance, each has had its very positive effects on my life. I value the time I've spent with these women, and still spend time with a number of them (platonically these days) when we are able to get together.

I choose to remember the good things from our time together. Admittedly that is not easy in the first few months after a relationship ends, especially if it is the other party who ends it. This is not to say I don't learn from the mistakes, and acknowledge the "bad times," I just don't accept the latter as the "take home" message from most relationships.

I have far more female friends than males. At times I wonder why, but then I realize that beer drinking, talking about RBI's and touchdowns, excessive flatulence and the like are not my favorite activities! I enjoy my female friends... and enjoy those who become my lovers as well. I also enjoy my male friends, who tend to be interested in the same things as I am (diving, diving, diving and women)!

#20 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:21 PM

Well now...that's just an awful story. Unfortunately, if we live long enough, we all usually end up with one or more stories to tell. These days, if I question what is going on, I pretend that my best friend, my sister, or daughter are the ones telling me the details. I think of what advice I would have for them...and then I become my best friend and listen to myself.

#21 foogirl

foogirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:54 AM

Never get involved with a nondiver!

I totally agree with this! lol my parents are both divers and they have been married for 28 years! dang.. i need to find someone who freakin dives! lol

#22 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

yeah, but it still has to be with the right diver *aka person*...if not you loose a dive buddy too.

#23 foogirl

foogirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 26 May 2007 - 03:25 PM

Well then i guess the whole point is to choose wisely :P

#24 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:06 AM

Well then i guess the whole point is to choose wisely :P

Very true, but unfortunately we all think we choose wisely each time we start a new relationship... :)
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#25 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:24 AM

Sometimes "choosing wisely" involves choosing to remain single rather than getting involved in a relationship where red (or at least pink) flags are present at the beginning. It seems a lot of people can't live comfortably as singles. Of course I prefer to be with a fantastic friend/lover, but if I don't meet one in my "travels through life" I'm not unhappy being a solo diver. It would just be much better to have that ultimate dive buddy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users