• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Bali/Wakatobi...Oct 4(6)-17, 2008 - DISCUSSION THREAD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:54 AM

Hurry after 1 day there are only 2 spots 2 days there is only 1 spot of the original 16 left! If you want to book one of these remaining spots please upgrade to premier member as they get a week of advance booking on all our trips and click on the link below!

To book this trip please click here!

Jacques Cousteau said the Wakatobi Archipelago was the finest diving site in the world.

And most everyone who has dove Wakatobi agrees! So save the date...we are headed to diving paradise! But this trip is not complete until we add our 3 day Bali add-on to it!

2007 Update:

1. We will do a 3-4 day Bali add-on BEFORE the Wakatobi dates of Oct 10-17.
2. You will lose 2 days in transit so if you leave on the 6th you'll arrive on the 8th.
3. If we do a 3 day add-on it looks like our departure date will be Oct 6th and if we do a 4 day add-on it should be Oct 5th. (remember the day of arrival in Wakatobi is also our day of travel from Bali)

Note: The travel days will be confirmed once the Bali Add On is confirmed. Once the Bali Add-On is set THEN we will start taking deposits.

Definately Interested:

1. Kamala aka WW...I'm there!
2. Andy aka rahuck
3. Jim aka Parrotman
4. Mike aka GoingPostal
5. Karen aka ScubaDawg
6. Katerina aka Diver123
7. Jeff aka JHeynow
8. Christi aka BeachBunny
9. Liz aka Liz
10. Ray aka Latitude Adjustment
11. Rosa aka Divegirl412
12. Christie aka SeaMaiden
13. Kimberly aka KCdiving
14. ?? aka Jimmy Dave
15. Karen aka nurseshark
16. Carla aka rkymtwy
17. Victoria aka TexasStarfish
18. Barb aka 1Scubadiver
19. Shafeen aka Zesach
20. Patty aka pattycol
21 Sheena aka Weescot
22 Paul aka TexDVR
24 Adam aka Adam12Diver
25 Michael aka Neptuner
26. Juli aka Juliwithani
27. Valerie aka diveprn
28. Wayne aka waterworks
29. Fred aka ev780
30. Kelly aka CaptainMorgan
31. Maura aka Scubachicka
32. Deb aka diverdeb
33. Bill aka ScubaTex
34. Lynette aka FLStarfish
35. Zach aka Divzac
36. Jim aka KelpDiver
37. Bill aka grayfins
38. Mark aka DiverMark plus s/o bubblewatcher!
39. Joan aka MetriRN
40. Jim aka tgnjim
41. Ben aka IdahoBen
42. Liz aka Liz
43. Holly aka a_fl_mermaid
44. Jim aka sharkbaitforsure
45. Scott aka GentDiver
46. Ed aka Bowjunkie
47. Cherie aka drckw
48. Shawn aka Shawnabbott
49. Teresa aka Mermaid Lady
50. Bruce aka ScubaShafer

2008 Pricing:

Wakatobi Resort offers an incredible diving and top-side experience, including access to our spectacular beach and "world's best" house reef. And as always, our conscientious staff waits to serve you in a setting of unrivaled beauty. The Wakatobi Resorts package includes accommodations, chef-prepared meals, anytime snacks, and diving--including unlimited beach diving.

Garden Bungalow - Located slightly behind the Beach and Premium bungalows these offer more shade after a long day in the sun on the boats. Comfortably appointed with everything you need for an enjoyable stay.

7 Nights $2,140.00 USD

Beach Bungalow - Similar size as the Garden Bungalows, but located front-row, facing the south beach. The breeziest choice for those not wanting to use the AC.

7 Nights $2,450.00 USD

Premium Select Bungalow - Front-row beach location on the west-facing sunset beach with completely rebuilt interior. Excellent and - some say - on par with the cliff villas, just not as spacious.

7 Nights $2,750.00 USD

Cliff Villa - Situated aside from the rest of the resort, perched on the coral cliffs. These premium rooms offer first-class exclusivity, privacy, 800+ sqf of space and amenities.

7 Nights $3,050.00 USD

Air charter Pricing:*

Private Charter Bali–Wakatobi–Bali $360.00 (*price only in conjunction with resort / yacht stay)

Non-diver discount:

Less $80.00 USD / diving day for guests not participating in the diving program. Diving days equal resort stay minus one day.

Nitrox pricing:

(if paid advance/at resort)

7 days $160.00/ $180.00 USD
Price Per day $35.00

Dive equipment rental:

Wet suit, regulator/octopus, computer, Buoyancy compensator, mask/snorkel/fins. Please inquire in advance as supplies are limited.

estimated daily rental $30-40 USD
estimated 7 days $160.00-$180.00

Edited by WreckWench, 22 February 2008 - 12:38 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:42 AM

Just like the morning after a happy Hour, we need details!
Since you need to overnight in Bali anyhow to catch the morning flight to Wakatobi a three day add on makes perfect sense.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:48 AM

Since you need to overnight in Bali anyhow to catch the morning flight to Wakatobi a three day add on makes perfect sense.

Can't post full details until I get the Bali Add-on worked out. I guess I could post the Wakatobi portion since we have 2 different levels of rooms.

Do people want to do their own air or have me find an air pkg if possible as well? (The Wakatobi part of the air will be included in the pkg price.)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:29 AM

Can't post full details until I get the Bali Add-on worked out. I guess I could post the Wakatobi portion since we have 2 different levels of rooms.

Do people want to do their own air or have me find an air pkg if possible as well? (The Wakatobi part of the air will be included in the pkg price.)

Since I would love to do this trip I would like to see it with an air package included .
Also I would like to see the Bali add-on probably at the end of the trip.
Can we get just a hint?? At least the Wakatobi portion...

#5 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:53 AM

Optional air would be great. It is a long trip, so it would be nice to have the individual options of using miles etc to upgrade if possible. That is not usually possible with a fixed group air package. Sounds great. Will definitely be looking for details on this one!!!

#6 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:21 AM

Optional air would be great. It is a long trip, so it would be nice to have the individual options of using miles etc to upgrade if possible. That is not usually possible with a fixed group air package. Sounds great. Will definitely be looking for details on this one!!!

I would like to see optional air as well. Flying out of the Northwest can be tricky. If the price is right and the itinerary is good than a package would be great but sometimes I need to do some wierd connections to get out of here.

Parrotman
Sea Turtle advocate!

#7 ScubaDawg

ScubaDawg

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:31 AM

I would prefer the Bali part at the beginning based on other travel plans in November.....also optional air so people could do their own thing, stay longer or whatever, unless of course, you come up with some kind of deal that is too good to pass up on air..............Put me on the list!!! :

#8 OHDiver

OHDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:54 PM

You can go right ahead and add me to the "definitely interested" list too... :thankyou:
Karen~

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:35 PM

Thanks gang! Will try to get this worked out asap! It is however FIRM so mark your calendars. kamala

formerly...

#10 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:54 AM

I recommend strong consideration of doing any Bali land add-on at the front end of a trip to Wakatobi. You MUST be there the day before so that you are at the airport on time for the 7am flight from Bali to Wakatobi airstrip. Also it will let you recover from jet lag, too, relax and allow any delayed luggage to catch up with you. (From luggage standpoint, consider Wakatobi to be like a liveaboard that can't go back to port to get it.)

Bali is a beautiful island with warm lovely friendly people. That said, it is also over crowded and congested in the area around Kuta (most popular area for tourists) and all the roads in the south. There are some fantastic dive opportunities in Bali, too. These include Tulamben, where you MUST hire special porters to transport your gear and tank (sorry guys, this is a special profession by the ladies there, and they will not be pleased if you act all galant and carry yourself) to the shore edge for dives on the Liberty wreck. Also in the most northwest corner of the island is Secret Bay in Gilimanuk and the Marine Park.

Places to not miss include: Ubud, the temples, (ladies and gents must dress modestly, upper arms covered, with all hiring sashes for their sorongs to enter the temples), dances. If there happens to be a "cremation ceremony" going on where you are near, by all means GO to see it. They are essentially public events, and unique to Bali and offer a very special look into their religious lives (and the Balinese ARE very strongly religious, Balinese Hindu, not to be confused with Indian Hindu).

If you go on your own for the Bali part, I strongly recommend that you hire a car and driver (who will most likely also act as your guide) to get around for a driving tour of Bali, and avoid all bus tours. These sites include the Monkey Forest in Ubud, going up the volcano, seeing rice terraces, etc. Hiring is not expensive and an excellent more efficient alternative to any bus tour (ugh) and this option lets you go to the places you want to, when you want and for as long as you want. Be prepared to purchase lunch for your driver if you eat. Under no circumstances, should you hire a car and drive yourself.

Also when I go to Bali, I try to stay at different hotels, in different places, like Jimburan, Sanur or Ubud, and try to avoid Kuta Beach. They have ranged from a Motel 6 type affair to private villas with private pools and total luxury. There are so many luxury places that it is hard to pick, but they have one thing in common, most all are less than $180/night, with taxes and breakfast all included. These villas are actually bigger than my apartment and so are a real treat. PM me for more info.

I hope you all have a great trip and really enjoy the Bali part too! :thankyou:

Robin

PS I strongly recommend getting a Bali guide book, like Lonely planet or Moon, as these books have so much information about the culture of Bali, too. And be prepared for the Indonesian version of the toilet. OH almost forgot, you MUST always have in your possession some tissues when in Indonesia.

PSS Give my regards to Crispin. :thankyou:

#11 Travelgal

Travelgal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:17 AM

KAMALA I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DOING BALI BEFORE SO THAT IF ANYONE HAS AIRFARE OR CONNECTION PROBLEMS THEY CAN CATCH UP IN BALI BECAUSE IF THE FLIGHT TO WAKATOBI IS MISSED FOR ANY REASON IT DOES NOT GO BACK OUT FOR DAYS, MAYBE EVEN A WEEK.....SO THREE DAYS IN BALI IS A REALLY GOOD IDEA! BALI IS A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY AND SO MUCH TO SEE! THERE IS ALSO DIVING AVAILABLE THERE. THE TOURS THERE ARE VERY INEXPENSIVELY PRICED AND I WOULD BE HAPPY TO GET INFORMATION FOR YOU ON THE TOUR DIRECTOR WE USED......HE TREATED US LIKE FAMILY! ALSO WE STAYED AT A GREAT RESORT ON THE BEACH, I WOULD GET THAT INFORMATION FOR YOU AS WELL OR PERHAPS YOU CAN CHECK WITH TRIPS N TOURS WHO IS THE COMPANY WE USED FOR THE BEST RATES.

Edited by Travelgal, 20 May 2007 - 07:19 AM.

Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#12 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:32 AM

I am interested too. I would suggest the Bali part first because of the jet lag and the luggage problem...Liz
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:47 AM

Ok its settled the Bali part will be first! I am contacting operators for pricing, logistics and intineraries now! :thankyou:

formerly...

#14 FlyingFish

FlyingFish

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW y Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:59 PM

You have me interested...thanks..of course stand alone airfare welcome...XXOO :cheerleader:

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:02 AM

You have me interested...thanks..of course stand alone airfare welcome...XXOO :thankyou:

It would be GREAT to see you again! I will book this as a stand alone pkg without air so as to accommodate all the individual requests! -ww

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users