• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Caves are better than women

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:58 AM

Hey Trace and Capt. Jack, I don't need to train a lot of DIR-F candidates. I'm the kind of guy who can be happy with just one good one! Of course even that has eluded me... although a cute little sea lion hopped on board the dive boat yesterday and wouldn't get off. Would have made a great dive buddy but as usual, she was a bit too young for me!

#17 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:12 AM

Hey Trace and Capt. Jack, I don't need to train a lot of DIR-F candidates. I'm the kind of guy who can be happy with just one good one! Of course even that has eluded me... although a cute little sea lion hopped on board the dive boat yesterday and wouldn't get off. Would have made a great dive buddy but as usual, she was a bit too young for me!

Yeah, sea lions are cute, but I prefer dolphins. Meet my new girlfriend.

Trace

Posted Image

Edited by TraceMalin, 21 May 2007 - 10:18 AM.

Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#18 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:38 AM

Trace

Posted Image

That is quite possibly illegal in most states... ;)
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#19 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

What a timely thread! Guess where I was just diving for the past couple of days? Two great days of CCR Cave Diving!

Now you know why. ;)
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#20 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:30 PM

Trace

Posted Image

That is quite possibly illegal in most states... ;)

Illegal or not, that is a damn cute photo!

Edited by pocahontas, 21 May 2007 - 06:52 PM.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#21 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

What a timely thread! Guess where I was just diving for the past couple of days? Two great days of CCR Cave Diving!

Now you know why. :usflag:

I'm leaving the 24th for cave country. Of course, I'll be diving my trusted open circuit system in Peacock, Little River, Telford, and some others. Oh! But, I should get in 7 days of diving! :birthday: We may stop in at the CDS Conference.

Originally, it was going to be a 2 week trip, but I have to be back here for a lifeguard instructor renewal course - drat!
Trace Malinowski
PDIC International

#22 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:49 PM

Trace

Posted Image

That is quite possibly illegal in most states... :birthday:

Illegal or not, that is damn cute photo!

I think the dolphins would think the same of your photo.
Trace Malinowski
PDIC International

#23 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:48 AM

This thread reminds me of meeting a Cave Diver in the Red Sea. He said that you haver to give caves their due respect or they will kill you... Sounds appropriate. :cheerleader:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#24 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:31 PM

Everyone,

I just want to clarify that the tone of my post was just for fun and giggles and not really scathing toward women in general or anyone in particular. Babyduck and I were working together on a T-shirt similar in jest for her dive center some time ago and I thought about a T-shirt for my own company along those lines and just thought I'd post something that may entertain some. Realizing that I have hurt and offended some people with this post, I just want to apologize for any misunderstandings. My post also doesn't reflect how I feel about the girlfriend mentioned for whom I still have love and caring, so... can't we all just lighten up a bit? :welcome:

If anyone has any other cave vs. men/women sayings that would look good on the back of a T-shirt please share.

~ Trace
Trace Malinowski
PDIC International

#25 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:28 PM

Heck, I got the impression that folks, including the gals, were getting a kick out of the thread....most entertaining, and even where the zingers might sting a bit if taken out of the humorous intent with with they are authored, they are still funny. I certainly took no offense.

Edited by mantarraya, 23 May 2007 - 09:08 PM.

Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#26 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:14 PM

Caves are better than humans because although they have no sense of humour, they will not complain about yours !

#27 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:49 PM

Heck, I got the impression that folks, including the gals, were getting a kick out of the thread....most entertaining, and even where the might zingers sting a bit if taken out of the humorous intent with with they are authored, they are still funny. I certainly took no offense.

:iagree:

Who's complaining? The posts have been funny!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#28 Piz

Piz

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:?? 200+

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

Hmmm I seem to remember seeing something like this related to beer. The one that sticks in my memory is:

"A beer is better than a woman because it is something to be proud of to finish a beer in 3 seconds"

#29 TonyL

TonyL

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:58 PM

Hmmm I seem to remember seeing something like this related to beer. The one that sticks in my memory is:

"A beer is better than a woman because it is something to be proud of to finish a beer in 3 seconds"

I remember one that went something like "If you pour it right you can always get nice foam" ... or something like that.

#30 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:00 PM

I for one have found this thread to be hilarious.
But then in my line of work one needs to know how to take a joke!
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users