• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

A friend of mine says Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#76 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:49 PM

And I thought the board would be slow this week with everyone off diving in Grenada!

I went for a bike ride with someone from this board, afterward we went someplace I didn't want to wear bike shorts too and she loaned me her PolarTec undies from her drysuit. So I guess that means I've gotten into her pants :teeth:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#77 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

and I've heard that the right hand can indicate engaged or spoken for, then it switches to the left when they get married... I can't keep up with what means what.... If I'm really interested, I'll ask if there is any significance to the ring... no matter which hand.... although I have an allergy to jewelry.... especially the purchase of.... almost as bad as my allergy to committment...

As an intrepid world traveller and resident in several foreign countires over the years, rings on fingers can mean different things. In Denmark for example, their engagement ring is a plain band worn on the right hand. it then goes on the left hand when they exchange vows (cheap engagement eh?). In other cultures/countires, I have seen the wedding band worn on the right hand - common in some Christian Orthodox countries. but on the whole, it is worn on the left. I have my great aunt's antique wedding band on my right hand and when I get asked point blank about my "husband" (frequent in Islamic countries), he is always at home watching football and I make sure he sees my right hand - they don't know any different. Western guys know that it is not a wedding band and my "jerk alert" is pretty astute. Also, it is not always the case that guys wear wedding bands. Rings can be really confusing... but who said life/dating was easy?
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#78 casematic

casematic

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Cert Level:master
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:26 PM

and my "jerk alert" is pretty astute. Also, it is not always the case that guys wear wedding bands. Rings can be really confusing... but who said life/dating was easy?

Jerk alert...... I could use one of those.... I just keep plugging along on the trial and ERROR system

#79 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:40 PM

<snip>
I can't understand why some people have trouble being honest.
<snip>

Me neither. :birthday:

#80 Scott

Scott

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1000+ (I have fallen into a bad habbit of only logging dives not involved with work lately.)

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:40 PM

SNIP
Yesterday, I see him and he asks me what I'm doing this weekend. So I tell him I have a CPR/First aid class on Sat. until about 4 and after that I'm free. So then, we just look at each other. Smiling. And he says NOTHING. So I say "Well, I gotta get back to work" because I do. WTF? Men are stupid. Sorry guys but it's true. I, on the other hand, aced my CPR /first aid tests so now I'm ready to take my Rescue diver cert. :) :)

Congratulations on your CPR/First Aid and enjoy rescue! You will love it. For me, and all of my students, It was the most rewarding class I took prior to instructor.

Wow, what a goofball...I might be stupid, in fact, sometimes I think that if I were a box you might just make me smarter with each rock that hit me but AT LEAST I know the difference between an open door and a closed one when I see it!

Reminds me of one of my favorite Grateful Dead songs, Women are Smarter.

:)
Let us put men and women together, see which one is smarter,
Some say men, but I say no, women got the men like a puppet show.
That's right the women are smarter, the women are smarter that's right.

It ain't me it's the people that say, men are leading women astray,
I say, it's the women today, smarter than the men in every way,

Little boy sitting in the corner and cry, big man come and ask him why,
He said "I can't do what the big boys do", the man sat down and he cried too.

I say, it's the women today, smarter than the men in every way.
That's right the women are smarter, the women are smarter that's right

Ever since the world began, Women been banned from the ways of man
Listen boy cuz I've got a plan, Give it up, don't try and understand
That's right the women are smarter, the women are smarter that's right

I say, it's the women today, smarter than the men in every way.
:twist:
-Scott

Edited by Scott, 22 June 2007 - 05:15 PM.

A gal at a bar recently told me I was acting weird...I told her,
" I bet you would act even more weird than me if you were 5 atmospheres higher than you prefer."
She didn't get it.
Her loss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users