• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

A friend of mine says Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 BoomhowerSpeaks

BoomhowerSpeaks

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:34 AM

Gyms are overrated anyway, if you just carry a bag of rocks around you'll get in shape, plus you'll always have something to throw at us dumb guys.

#62 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:13 AM

Gyms are overrated anyway, if you just carry a bag of rocks around you'll get in shape, plus you'll always have something to throw at us dumb guys.

Oh my, you guys are so funny. I never laughed so much at a thread. :wavey:

#63 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:36 PM

Some of the best relationships I have had are the result of a woman throwing rcks at me. As in.....

Bonk....Ouch....Oh.....You are interested in ME?!?!?!?! Wanna go out? Followed by a "DUH" from the thrower.

We are a little thick!!!!
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#64 JohnEric

JohnEric

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:15 PM

any time a woman goes out with me I am always amazed at the overwhelming generoisty of women
John Siggelow AKA Diver 1

#65 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:24 PM

Another possibility just re-appeared in my brain.......................

Are you wearing ANYTHING on your left hand ? Anything at all ? Men cannot tell what is an engagement ring or wedding ring from a cracker-jack ring. If you do have ANYTHING on your left hand, maybe he just spotted it while you were telling him about your SaturDAY plans. If you did not have anything on your left hand, then I still have no explanation.

Women that hope to be asked out on a date (because they are not ready to do the asking) should NEVER have ANYTHING on their left hand.

So, to twist the very cruel title of this thread ......

"Women that think men can differentiate types of jewelry are stupid; Confiscate their rocks"

#66 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:13 PM

Women that hope to be asked out on a date (because they are not ready to do the asking) should NEVER have ANYTHING on their left hand.

I once knew a woman who was divorced and wore her engagement ring on her RIGHT hand. Her rationale was that if a guy wasn't aware of the fact that she had it on the wrong hand, she didn't want to meet him.

Rick

:welcome:

#67 casematic

casematic

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Cert Level:master
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

I once knew a woman who was divorced and wore her engagement ring on her RIGHT hand. Her rationale was that if a guy wasn't aware of the fact that she had it on the wrong hand, she didn't want to meet him.

Rick

:welcome:

amazingly enough, I've met girls who are looking to meet someone who will wear a ring on their left hand... the rationale being that it would keep the jerks and a....holes away.... In reality, it only discourages the guys they would probably want to meet.... the others don't care if they are attached, married, etc....probably won't even give them their real name....

and I've heard that the right hand can indicate engaged or spoken for, then it switches to the left when they get married... I can't keep up with what means what.... If I'm really interested, I'll ask if there is any significance to the ring... no matter which hand.... although I have an allergy to jewelry.... especially the purchase of.... almost as bad as my allergy to committment...

Being clueless to the signals helps keep that allergy in check.

#68 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:59 AM

Rick

:teeth:

amazingly enough, I've met girls who are looking to meet someone who will wear a ring on their left hand... the rationale being that it would keep the jerks and a....holes away.... In reality, it only discourages the guys they would probably want to meet.... the others don't care if they are attached, married, etc....probably won't even give them their real name....

and I've heard that the right hand can indicate engaged or spoken for, then it switches to the left when they get married... I can't keep up with what means what.... If I'm really interested, I'll ask if there is any significance to the ring... no matter which hand.... although I have an allergy to jewelry.... especially the purchase of.... almost as bad as my allergy to committment...

We have a woman on this board who wears an engagement ring to keep the land sharks away.

Be aware that in the Greek church the wedding ring is placed on the right hand and some leave it there, I did for thirteen years.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#69 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:08 AM

Nope. No rings. No bracelet. No watch. Just earrings.

#70 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:54 AM

Well, there's your problem! Why are you wearing earrings on your left hand?
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#71 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

Jamie, I thought the same thing, but just knew I'd never get away with saying it.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#72 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:22 AM

Reading this thread has made me appreciate even more that human males and females ever manage to get together. Even then, nature had to wire it differently for humans than it did for other animal species, making the human species be able to enjoy sex as a recreational activity not strictly a procreational one. Guess that gave us the added incentive to endure the uncertainties, insults, disappointment, misunderstandings, etc. associated with the two genders trying to connect (and at some point engage in recreational sex). Just don't get rid of all your rocks, ladies! Maybe that is why we carry those big purses.

Edited by mantarraya, 14 June 2007 - 11:22 AM.

Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#73 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:44 AM

Rick

:cool2:

We have a woman on this board who wears an engagement ring to keep the land sharks away.

Be aware that in the Greek church the wedding ring is placed on the right hand and some leave it there, I did for thirteen years.

Now who here would do anything that devious????
Seriously, if spotting a decoy engagement ring on a woman's finger makes a guy stop talking to you and run then he really must not have been that interested in what you had to say. If I ever come out of dating retirement it will only be for someone who thought I was worth being friends with even if he was never going to get into my underwear.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#74 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:05 PM

Seriously, if spotting a decoy engagement ring on a woman's finger makes a guy stop talking to you and run then he really must not have been that interested in what you had to say. If I ever come out of dating retirement it will only be for someone who thought I was worth being friends with even if he was never going to get into my underwear.

Definitely not something I'd be interested in... they wouldn't fit!

I've long been of the opinion that women who are friends make the best "romantic partners" (at least based on the relationship I seek). I prefer to date women I have come to know through friendship first.

As for rings on fingers, I don't let a ring stop me from talking to a woman and getting to know her. Heck, all of my female dive buddies are now seeing (or married to) other men and I still enjoy diving with them immensely. However, a ring on her finger means that I would not indicate potential interest at any stage. I'm not one for flirting unless I know the other party knows the rules.

It was recently suggested to me that I move the ring I kept on my left hand to my right hand. Women I know suggested that other women may see it as a sign of being partnered already. Interesting since it was my grandfather's ring and I wear it in remembrance of him. It looks nothing like a wedding ring and I always wore it on my second instead of ring finger. So far I haven't noticed much of an effect after switching ring hands. Maybe I need plastic surgery???

Edited by drbill, 14 June 2007 - 12:09 PM.

#75 BoomhowerSpeaks

BoomhowerSpeaks

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:27 PM

Rick

:cool2:

Now who here would do anything that devious????

I wouldn't fit in your underwear anyway. The nice thing about getting older is you realize you're better off with someone you can talk to between sex acts. Instead of just going "See you Tuesday".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users