• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Grenada Singles Week

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#106 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:30 AM

Capt., do both on the Bianca C. There is a reef at 50 feet to look at while your ascending and doing your safety stop.

Just my 2 psi,
Que :unsure:

#107 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:04 AM

Depending on if you are looking for a good current drift or nice and easy. Windmill shallows is a good site for first dive-our group bailed on going to the rum runner wreck and stayed on the reef. Black forest, also a good drift, but as they were both first dives (deeper water), not likely you'll do both on same day and location to one another is another factor. Moonscape was a nice relaxing dive after Bianca C, Northern exposure also good for first deep dive and then to purple rain. Bucaneer wreck and flamingo bay are close and are very easy going, see lots and take pictures (flamingo bay has the sea horses). If you need more info, let me know and have a great trip, I did when I went on my first Windjammer!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#108 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:37 AM

Ok Gang,
Me and Sandy will be in Grenada next weekend for a Windjammer cruise. We're doing a 2 tank dive there the morning before we sail. What two reefs would you recommend us to ask to go to? The dive shop is letting us decide! (It's Aquanauts btw)

Cool! You will really like it! PLUS this is no ordinary WindJammer Cruise...this is wedding cruise isn't it??? :banghead:

Congrats again! :D And to think you little love kittens met on one of our trips... :wavey:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#109 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:57 AM

..And to think you little love kittens met on one of our trips... :cheerleader:

Brings a whole new meaning to the title of kitten herder, eh?

PlatypusMan

#110 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:42 AM

I would like to do Bianca C but the other 4 don't so we're doing reefs... looking for easy reefs to accommodate the less experienced divers.

Yes, this is our wedding Windjammer. And this is my 5th WJ and Sandy's 2nd so we're almost considered old salts!
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#111 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:18 AM

Then you'll def want to see the Sea Horses; on the same dive, you can see Nudibranch as well plus the underwater statues; there are pictures of the sea horses and the statues in the gallery for the Grenada trip

there is another dive that had 3 octopus on it, plus eels, plus a nurseshark, but I don't remember what the name of dive site was; and then there was Moose's Bomb Dive, but you might want to stay away from that site!! :cheerleader: All of these dives were shallow, reef dives

so, I'd tell Paul and Bruce at Aquanauts what you want to see and let them take you to the appropriate dive site and tell them you are members of SingleDivers.com and they will really take great care of you!

#112 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:24 AM

P6104201.jpg P6245258.jpg Seahorses and frog fish are a must. On my last diving day (23 June) I saw a leopard flatworm, jackknife fish, a snake eel out in the open, and sea horses at Flamingo Bay. Then on Northern Exposure we saw lettuce leaf slugs, flamingo tongues, and found a pair of frog fish – the male was bright red! I’ve posted some pictures in the gallery.
It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#113 CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:69

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:35 PM

Hey all, I finally got some time to put some pictures up. Most were poorly exposed fish butts, but some turned out good. I don't know any of the fishes, worms, etc., so if I labelled something wrong or didn't know what it was leave a comment and let me know. I'll try and get some of the topside stuff up tomorrow.

Grenada Pics

Thanks for all the fun everyone.

Kelly

#114 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:22 AM

Hey all, I finally got some time to put some pictures up. Most were poorly exposed fish butts, but some turned out good. I don't know any of the fishes, worms, etc., so if I labelled something wrong or didn't know what it was leave a comment and let me know. I'll try and get some of the topside stuff up tomorrow.

Grenada Pics

Kelly

Great Job Kelly! Thanks.

#115 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:39 AM

Grenada Pics

Kelly

Thanks! Great trip down under memory lane! Especially the frogfish, I was having camera "issues" that day :cool2: and needed the reminder of those guys :D .... thx, Zach
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#116 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

Grenada Pics

Kelly

Nice Photos Kelly! I left a couple of comments....Smooth Spotted Trunk Fish, Spotted Sharp Tail Eel snake and you had a great Flamingo Tongue
Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#117 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

Cool pics Kelly-thanks for posting!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#118 CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:69

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:00 PM

I just uploaded several exceptional pictures taken by Divezac to the Grenada picture thread.

So good they make me want to delete mine... :)

Shadragon, Thanks for the help uploading! Glad you enjoy them, Zach

Great pics Zach! thanks - and thanks to everyone that posted pictures. I still want to see the video Kelly took of Sandy and Mark jumping off the cliff!

I just got to look at the video. I should have jumped too, but I didn't want DiverDeb to get a complex about being the only one to not jump :o

It could use some editing--apparantly when I moved the camera from horizontal to vertical it only compensates in the LCD not the video. So, most of the video is sideways.

Anyone out there got some video editing software they can use to get this fixed?? Or does anyone know of anything free that I can download?

Apparantly I didn't take alot of shots on the surface, but I'll put those in the gallery. Oh, the memories.

kelly

#119 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:54 AM

Beth and Bruce - Great trip pics. Thanks for uploading them...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#120 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:25 PM

I just got to look at the video. I should have jumped too, but I didn't want DiverDeb to get a complex about being the only one to not jump :lmao:

Apparantly I didn't take alot of shots on the surface, but I'll put those in the gallery. Oh, the memories.

kelly

Thanks for having my back Kelly (which you seemed to do quite well for the remainder of the trip as well :P ) LOL. You know I've been kicking myself ever since we left the waterfall for not jumping. :cool: Guess we'll have to go back - or find another waterfall - so I can redeem myself.

Can't wait to see the video!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users