• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

problem with water in ears???

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:10 PM

I have no idea what the generic names are... I suppose you could ask your doc or call your local pharmacy... However...
He gave me samples to try (and said, if they do the job, he will write a Rx for them) of Zyrtec (cetirizine HCL) tabs and Nasacort AQ (triamcinolone acetonide) nasal spray... Supposedly my nasal membranes looked rather inflamed too... Although I didn't feel stuffed up... At least my nose didn't... :cheerleader:
It's definitely starting to help the itchy eyes, sneezing and ears already...Although I can tell when the meds have worn off... My eyes start to bother me later in the day and when I wake up, until I take the meds again...

Those are the names, TY. I didn't know if he gave you OTC meds, and OTC brand names mean little without the ingredients.

Welcome to the hay fever club, glad you found meds that help...
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#32 OHDiver

OHDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:16 PM

I have no idea what the generic names are... I suppose you could ask your doc or call your local pharmacy... However...
He gave me samples to try (and said, if they do the job, he will write a Rx for them) of Zyrtec (cetirizine HCL) tabs and Nasacort AQ (triamcinolone acetonide) nasal spray... Supposedly my nasal membranes looked rather inflamed too... Although I didn't feel stuffed up... At least my nose didn't... :banghead:
It's definitely starting to help the itchy eyes, sneezing and ears already...Although I can tell when the meds have worn off... My eyes start to bother me later in the day and when I wake up, until I take the meds again...

Those are the names, TY. I didn't know if he gave you OTC meds, and OTC brand names mean little without the ingredients.

Welcome to the hay fever club, glad you found meds that help...

Gee, thanks for the welcome... No offense, but I don't like the hay fever club... Can I resign? :cheerleader:
As for the meds my doc gave me... My point was... They are perscription meds, not OTC... I only gave the perscription names, not the generic names... However... You seem to have gotten the answer you were looking for anyway... So don't mind my confusion I guess... But you're welcome anyway...

Edited by OHDiver, 21 July 2007 - 08:17 PM.

Karen~

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

#33 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:10 PM

It's a mistake the body makes - misidentifying pollen as a dangerous organism, over reacting in its measures to stop and flush the invading pollen. Some suggest that we have caused a lot of this ourselves in our lifestyles, vaccinations, etc. - but it could be worse, even deadly. This is an irritation, you learn to live with it and dive with it. Glad you got good treatment...!! :cheerleader:
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users