• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

AUCTION - Second "Dream Dive" in the Bahamas...

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#121 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:04 AM

Simon, thanks for the update. Since we need to know the name of the organization to write the check, is the plan to finzlize this after the Bahamas trip?

I would think during the trip would be a good time. Everyone will be there and we need something to do as we while away the wee hours. :)
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#122 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:15 AM

Just a note to let you know I'm pretty exhausted..... I've been busy trying to make a kilt built for a 125 lb woman fit a guy who looks like, well this:

I am prepared to show a little leg... :thankyou: The length is more important than the circumference. Don't want those wolf whistles from the other boats as they pass. :)
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#123 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:36 AM

I am prepared to show a little leg... :thankyou: The length is more important than the circumference. Don't want those wolf whistles from the other boats as they pass. :)

I think you'd better worry about those wolf whistles from the boat on which you reside! We intend to abuse you greatly!! :banghead:

#124 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:42 AM

I think you'd better worry about those wolf whistles from the boat on which you reside! We intend to abuse you greatly!! :)

Posted Image

#125 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:14 AM

OK, everyone,
Let's Practice!!

#126 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:50 AM

OK, everyone,
Let's Practice!!

Got the following message when I clicked on the link:

Forbidden Link

This error page occurs since the webpage you were visiting has a direct link to our sound effects.

You may also be BANNED because of the high amount of bandwidth from using our website.

Direct Links: Please contact the webpage owner to stop hot linking to our website...that is known as bandwidth stealing....any website that uses that uses a direct link will be dealt with immediately!!!

High Bandwidth Use: The extreme amount of bandwidth usage has exceeded our website's limits and we've banned your use to allow others to sample our sounds.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#127 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:23 AM

This morning I woke up with a stuffy nose and the beginnings of a sore throat. :birthday:

Does anybody have any "secret" remedies that I can try? I'm hoping the nurses that I work with will have some recommendations. I've got just over 48 hours until I leave.

Maybe I should tell my boss I need bedrest prior to my vacation. :birthday:
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#128 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:55 AM

This morning I woke up with a stuffy nose and the beginnings of a sore throat. :birthday:

Does anybody have any "secret" remedies that I can try? I'm hoping the nurses that I work with will have some recommendations. I've got just over 48 hours until I leave.

Maybe I should tell my boss I need bedrest prior to my vacation. :birthday:

Take several "Airbornes" through the day and gargle with warm salt water for that sore throat. It works! Hope you can shake it!
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#129 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:37 PM

Barb (AKA DiverBabs) was able to join Simon (AKA shadragon) on her "Dream Dive" on January 1st during the Bahamas trip, and yes, Simon did dive while wearing a kilt. See the picture below, and others in the photo gallery for this trip.

Attached Images

• IMG_0083.JPG

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#130 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

Highest Bidder To Date:

1. Barbara aka DiverBabs $25
2. Kamala aka Wreck Wench $30
3. Beth aka Beth $40
EXTRA BONUS ScubaTex will Match the highest bid and add $20 for NO speedo
4. Sheena aka weescot $50 for the dive and $30 for Sha-baby to WEAR HIS SPEEDO!!!
5. Barb aka DiverBabs $60 for the dive plus $40 for no speedo!
6. Kamala aka WW $120 total and I vote for SPEEDO! :cheerleader:
7. ScubaGoddess $140 total and vote for NO speedo!
8. Barb aka DiverBabs $150 and vote NO Speedo!
9. ScubaGoddess $175 no speedo
10. Barb aka DiverBabs $200 and no speedo!
11. Sylvia aka catfish $250 (not sure about speedo or speedo-less) and she will donate $250 no matter what!
12. Barb aka DiverBabs $275 and will donate that amount no matter what
13. Cindi aka ScubaGoddess $300 (no speedo but yes to kilt)
14. Nancy aka H20Bug $325
15. Barb aka DiverBabs $400

Special Donations:

1. Shababy will match the winning bid
2. Scubatex will double the winning bid
3. Catfish will donate $250 regardless
4. DiverBabs will donate $275 regardless (Superseded by #7)
5. ScubaGoddess will donate $300 regardless
6. H20 Bug will donate $325 regardless
7. DiverBabs will donate $400 (bid) + $700 (kilt surcharge) regardless.

so...

That makes it a $400 bid (DiverBabs) + $325 bid (H20 Bug) + $800 (ScubaTex) + $400 (Shadragon) + $250 (catfish) + $300 (Scubagoddess) + $700 Kilt Surcharge Fee (DiverBabs) = $3175 total donation.

Hey everyone...we are sponsoring at least one veteran in Bonaire and possibly two and so will need to pull these pledges in to support this effort. If you have sent them in already please email me the paypal confirmation or any reference info you have. DiveHeart.org is trying to see if our pledges have been credited to other entities or credited as only individuals and not referenced to SingleDivers.com. To date their records show that they have taken in less than half our committed pledges. :2cool:

So please take a moment to help out and either contact DiveHeart.org with a copy of your pledge acknowledgement so they know you are part of our group or forward them to me and I'll work with DiveHeart.org to work it all out. :teeth:

p.s. an article is being written on our fund raising ability for DiveHeart.org...the working title is $3000 paid for a speedo! It is going to be a riot and will get national and international exposure! :evilgrin:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#131 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

My $1100 pledge was paid some time ago.

I'm PMing the paypal info now.
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#132 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:37 AM

p.s. an article is being written on our fund raising ability for DiveHeart.org...the working title is $3000 paid for a speedo! It is going to be a riot and will get national and international exposure! :o

That explains why I am getting calls from several Paris designers wanting me to model in their Summer Haute couture Speedo collections. I am waiting for Armani to make an offer. We have been looking for a project to do together for some time...

Not sure if I will use "Blue Steel" or "Magnum"... Will save the softer "Le Tigre" for the Fall collections... :respect:

Seriously, thanks to all who made this fund raising a HUGE success.

#133 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:20 AM

Simon you just ain't right! :birthday:

But the article is real... :birthday:

And thank you Babs for sending me your info. I'll compile it from everyone so that they know they've rec'd our pledges. And I've given them at cost pricing on the trip so that helps too!

formerly...

#134 H20 Bug

H20 Bug

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveControlSpecial Cert
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:31 AM

Kamala -

My check just went into the mail yesterday cause I didn't know who we were supporting until I saw your post in the Bonaire thread.

I sent a very detailed note with the check, imagine that :birthday: so I'm pretty sure credit will go to the correct program.
Any time spent in, on, around or underwater adds days to your life.

#135 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:12 PM

Kamala -

My check just went into the mail yesterday cause I didn't know who we were supporting until I saw your post in the Bonaire thread.

I sent a very detailed note with the check, imagine that :birthday: so I'm pretty sure credit will go to the correct program.

Yes they will certainly know your donation...you ALWAYS send great detailed notes! :birthday:

And thank you! I'll add this to the first post! kamala

p.s. I figured that if anyone had not sent in their donation it was becuase they did not know who we ended up supporting. But I also think that DiveHeart.org has not credited us for all the donations either.

And thank you all again! -ww

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users