• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Bonaire May 10-17, 2008 ~ NOW A SINGLES WEEK for 2008!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
197 replies to this topic

#166 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:39 PM

Airfare for me seems to work much better than Utila as well. Using the Continental Red eye out of Houston, I get a rate of $665 RT.

WW..can you see if the resort can have some type of accomodation for early morning arrivals?

They are used to the early morning arrivals around there. The divers from the week before leave on the flights that we are arriving on...so they have been out of the hotel and at the airport checking in for a while.
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#167 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:40 PM

For all you Moms out there which are planning to go, I for one, promise to be at you beck and call to help you celebrate the day in style.

And you can hold me to that. :o

Why thank you CJ. :flirt: You are so kind. I'm sure I won't be the only mom that holds you to your offer! :P

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#168 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:42 PM

Cool..FOund this link to their website..

http://www.diviflami...m/DiviFlamingo/

#169 CJdives

CJdives

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:55 PM

Why thank you CJ. :flirt: You are so kind. I'm sure I won't be the only mom that holds you to your offer! :P
[/quote]

Done deal...I'll be ready that Sunday morning, with "Yes Maam's" all the live long day. :o
If at first you don't succeed...you keep on sucking until you do suck seed. By: Curly of the Three Stooges

#170 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:07 PM

Would there be any other interested parties in doing the Larry's Wild Side boat trip one day? It is not part of the boat dives included, but the extra would be worth it. It is one of the few boats that goes out on the windward side of the island? I am going to schedule it for myself, but would enjoy the company and if there are enough people, we could think about reserving the entire boat. It holds 12 divers.

#171 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

Count me in as well please :flirt:
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#172 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,725 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:44 PM

Would there be any other interested parties in doing the Larry's Wild Side boat trip one day? It is not part of the boat dives included, but the extra would be worth it. It is one of the few boats that goes out on the windward side of the island? I am going to schedule it for myself, but would enjoy the company and if there are enough people, we could think about reserving the entire boat. It holds 12 divers.

Hey Girl...Larry's is definately fun! However unlike a regular trip to Bonaire...A Single's Week has activities, contests, parties and things planned every day of the week! It may be hard to squeeze him in although he is one of my favorites! And you'd have to give up a day of diving that is paid for by the pkg. Just a thought...

Of course we are a booking agent for him so we'd be happy to book anyone who'd like to dive with him!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#173 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:53 PM

Hey Girl...Larry's is definately fun! However unlike a regular trip to Bonaire...A Single's Week has activities, contests, parties and things planned every day of the week! It may be hard to squeeze him in although he is one of my favorites! And you'd have to give up a day of diving that is paid for by the pkg. Just a thought...

Of course we are a booking agent for him so we'd be happy to book anyone who'd like to dive with him!

I don't mind giving up just a morning of my dives that are included. I love "The Wild Side"!! :flirt: :P

#174 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:55 PM

Airfare for me seems to work much better than Utila as well. Using the Continental Red eye out of Houston, I get a rate of $665 RT.

WW..can you see if the resort can have some type of accomodation for early morning arrivals?

I am planning to do the Continental Red Eye out of Houston as well. How many others think they will do the same flight? If we have enough takers, we could approach Wenchie about purchasing bulk air rates on that flight! :flirt: Just a thought.

#175 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:19 PM

Is this a final price, cuz I'll worry about airfare later!! :o
I WANNA GO TO BONAIRE
I WANNA GO TO BONAIRE :flirt: :P
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#176 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,725 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:24 PM

Is this a final price, cuz I'll worry about airfare later!! :o
I WANNA GO TO BONAIRE
I WANNA GO TO BONAIRE :flirt: :P

Its pretty close to a final price...give or take a few bucks! I should have it by tomorrow as I did not get the final contract today.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#177 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:37 PM

I don't mind giving up just a morning of my dives that are included. I love "The Wild Side"!! :P :lmao:

He shows a 2Tank AM or 1Tank PM schedule, also it says a 9 diver limit per trip( as per FAQ) . BTW what's the "special" aspect of windward diving-- more pristine and not dived-out? or diff wildlife? Please enlighten a soon to be Bonaire newbie :o :flirt:
Jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#178 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:50 PM

I don't mind giving up just a morning of my dives that are included. I love "The Wild Side"!! :P :lmao:

He shows a 2Tank AM or 1Tank PM schedule, also it says a 9 diver limit per trip( as per FAQ) . BTW what's the "special" aspect of windward diving-- more pristine and not dived-out? or diff wildlife? Please enlighten a soon to be Bonaire newbie :o :flirt:
Jeff

I think that he actually will take out 12 divers, but won't go out unless he has 8 or 9 to fill the boat! The windward side has more large "critters" where you will find TONS of smaller marine life, and some medium/large, on the leeward side of the island. I think the heavier current on the windward side draws the largers animals. The east side is so calm that sometimes there is no perceptable current at all. The whole island is very pristine since it is a marine wildlife preserve.

#179 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:53 PM

I am planning to do the Continental Red Eye out of Houston as well. How many others think they will do the same flight? If we have enough takers, we could approach Wenchie about purchasing bulk air rates on that flight! :cool1: Just a thought.

I might be interested, depending if there is a connection from Birmingham. Guess I need to start looking at my options from here, or Atlanta.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#180 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,725 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:11 PM

Note About Booking This Trip:

For those of you who are new to SD this whole thread may seem strange...you have a price (well almost), you have a resort and dates...now all you need is the full particulars so you can sign up! For those who know SD...those details are coming as soon as I can lock the rest of them down with the resort. Once those are locked in and I post, the trip will be open for bookings which will be reflected in the thread name. (Check out Saba/St Kitts for 2008, or Cooper River or Galapagos...you'll see that they say OPEN FOR BOOKING and they have all the details in them that you need to sign up!)

A few thoughts to keep in mind....

1. Our premier members get between 7-10 days to sign up for group trips first! So it pays several different ways to be a premier member or above! To become a member simply go to MY CONTROLS, click on PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS under Options and then follow the payment options choosing post/postal if sending a check or faxing a credit card auth form.

2. When you book you will be asked for specific information at the time of booking...please supply this when booking or shortly thereafter as it makes more work for our trip organizers.

3. For all trips in 2008 we'll add your name to the 'check's in the mail' list but you won't actually reduce the number of official spots until we receive your money. For example a very popular trip to the Flower Gardens has 5 people on it who have requested a spot but no deposit has been rec'd. In the old days we'd show their spot gone...now we still show it open until the deposit is rec'd. So please get your deposits in as soon as you can or talk with me so I at least know if there will be a delay.

4. FORMS FORMS FORMS! The devil is in the forms! And this is the one thing that drives our all volunteer trip coordinators nuts is when you do not send in your Diving & Rooming Survey, you SD Waiver and the boat/resort waiver if they require one prior to arrival. You'll find the link to the forms forum in my signature and ScubaPunk's signature. Ask Scubapunk or Fingrabber for the password if you do not have it.

5. When you have access to the trip details (7-10 days advance booking for Premier and above members) then open booking for general members, go ahead and POST you want a spot, give us the info we require and then get your forms and deposit to us!

formerly...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users