• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

A nice feeling...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:36 AM

Thanks. I agree with everyone about the media, especially based on what I see here in Iraq vice what I read in the paper. The media sensationalizes everything for more profit or to influence people based on media bias. What happened to reporting the news reliably?

While there is a lot of suffering going on here in Iraq, there is also a great deal of good happening that doesn’t make the headlines—such as a child offering soldiers a drink of cold water, the kids rushing to be the first one to say hello to you on the street, the US soldier who will give his water or some food to a poor family who has lost everything….maybe there is yet hope.

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:30 AM

Thanks. I agree with everyone about the media, especially based on what I see here in Iraq vice what I read in the paper. The media sensationalizes everything for more profit or to influence people based on media bias. What happened to reporting the news reliably?

While there is a lot of suffering going on here in Iraq, there is also a great deal of good happening that doesn’t make the headlines—such as a child offering soldiers a drink of cold water, the kids rushing to be the first one to say hello to you on the street, the US soldier who will give his water or some food to a poor family who has lost everything….maybe there is yet hope.

Vinny the way to make a difference is to post stories like this so that WE CAN KNOW THE TRUTH FROM THE SOLDIER'S POINT OF VIEW.

We will never know what you are going thru and never know what it is really like...UNLESS some of you tell us.

I am so appreciative that you have taken some time to share with us. I know its not a manly thing or the typical thing a guy and in particular a soldier does....

But you are doing a great service to your country not only serving but by sharing things like this. :banghead:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:20 AM

That is a great story!
Be careful and stay safe!
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#19 Cairo

Cairo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:I lost count.

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:31 AM

Dude I helped someone fix their house before too! I have a picture of it around here somewhere. Although our definitions of fix might be just a tad different.

Oh wait here it is............Posted Image

img]

Edited by Redsox04, 10 August 2007 - 08:54 AM.

#20 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:34 AM

While governments come and go, the people are consistent...

Good job...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#21 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:36 PM

I know its not a manly thing or the typical thing a guy and in particular a soldier does....

Soldiers aren't the hard core blood lusting emotionless machines the media and particularly Hollywood makes them out to be. While capable of feats of extreme manliness, all are soft inside and not afraid to show it.

Good on ya Vinny, hope your shorter than it feels...

I guess working with that much firepower gives a guy enough confidence in his manhood to get sappy now and again :cheerleader:
Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users