• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

UTILA...SOLD OUT!!... March 8-15, 2008

• Please log in to reply
615 replies to this topic

#601 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:05 PM

Does anybody have a 3 volt type CR2450 Lithium Battery for a Oceanic Dive Computer Veo200, laying around the house that your not using? :lmao:

Did I mention how much I hate packing? :P

See some of you tomorrow, and the rest of you on Saturday!! :cool1: :fish: :lmao: :diver: :dance:

Hi Sandy, Not sure your joking around or not but a CR2450 sould be easy to find if you have time. Check out Wallgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, Radio Shack, Walmart or the electronic store at the airport.
Smooth Travels to you and the gang,
Stan

:fish: I don't think women ever joke about needing batteries for their toys :o

:o You are absolutely right! Seldom do I let my batteries go dead! :fish2:

#602 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:06 PM

Does anybody have a 3 volt type CR2450 Lithium Battery for a Oceanic Dive Computer Veo200, laying around the house that your not using? :lmao:

Did I mention how much I hate packing? :P

See some of you tomorrow, and the rest of you on Saturday!! :cool1: :lmao: :dance: :fish2: :diver:

I too just bought one for my computer. I have a little time in the morning before I have to hit the airport. I'll look around for a Radio Shack. I'll do my best to pick one up for you Sandy.

See you tomorrow afternoon!
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#603 DivinDave

DivinDave

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Cert Level:Closed circuit rebreather, full trimix and cave.
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:53 PM

Important ~ For the trip DVD...!

Hey there everybody!! I have allot of ideas that I'll be using for the vacation DVD's for the group, and i'll fill you in on them when we meet up in Utila. However, here is your first assinement; should you choose to accept it..!! :P

Over the course of the next week, you will be the stars of your vacation video... as the director, i will ask for a few fun and easy things..!! The first thing i would like to ask everybody to do is to take a candid picture of yourself traveling. Flight attendants, family, travel friends or acquaintances can take this pic for you. This picture should represent what is was like for you to travel from home to this wonderful destination. For some it could be all about the airport, for others it may be packing, and some about arrival. Whatever your pic is, it should also speak or say something about your personality. Take as many as you need, but i will only use one.... so be creative and have fun with it..!! My intention is to use these pics for a title credit sequence that introduces everybody by SD.com screen name and origination city..!! :cool1:

I'm looking forward to putting real people to the screen names and diving with all of you!!! See you soon, and safe travels..

David

"I'd rather attempt something great and fail, than attempt nothing and succeed..."

#604 Margarita

Margarita

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:168

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:03 AM

Hey there everybody!! I have allot of ideas that I'll be using for the vacation DVD's for the group, and i'll fill you in on them when we meet up in Utila. However, here is your first assinement; should you choose to accept it..!! :fish2:

Over the course of the next week, you will be the stars of your vacation video... as the director, i will ask for a few fun and easy things..!! The first thing i would like to ask everybody to do is to take a candid picture of yourself traveling. Flight attendants, family, travel friends or acquaintances can take this pic for you. This picture should represent what is was like for you to travel from home to this wonderful destination. For some it could be all about the airport, for others it may be packing, and some about arrival. Whatever your pic is, it should also speak or say something about your personality. Take as many as you need, but i will only use one.... so be creative and have fun with it..!! My intention is to use these pics for a title credit sequence that introduces everybody by SD.com screen name and origination city..!! :P

I'm looking forward to putting real people to the screen names and diving with all of you!!! See you soon, and safe travels..

David

You got it Ace :cool1: See you in Houston!
Be happy for this moment. This moment...is your life.
Omar Khayyam

#605 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:11 AM

Hey there everybody!! I have allot of ideas that I'll be using for the vacation DVD's for the group, and i'll fill you in on them when we meet up in Utila. However, here is your first assinement; should you choose to accept it..!! :P

Over the course of the next week, you will be the stars of your vacation video... as the director, i will ask for a few fun and easy things..!! The first thing i would like to ask everybody to do is to take a candid picture of yourself traveling. Flight attendants, family, travel friends or acquaintances can take this pic for you. This picture should represent what is was like for you to travel from home to this wonderful destination. For some it could be all about the airport, for others it may be packing, and some about arrival. Whatever your pic is, it should also speak or say something about your personality. Take as many as you need, but i will only use one.... so be creative and have fun with it..!! My intention is to use these pics for a title credit sequence that introduces everybody by SD.com screen name and origination city..!! :cool1:

David

Mission Accomplished!

See you all sooooooon!!!!!!
It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#606 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:17 AM

Bon voyage and safe travels to all! Central America here I come!!!

SusiQ
:cool1:
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#607 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,676 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:47 AM

Hey there everybody!! I have allot of ideas that I'll be using for the vacation DVD's for the group, and i'll fill you in on them when we meet up in Utila. However, here is your first assinement; should you choose to accept it..!! :dance:

Over the course of the next week, you will be the stars of your vacation video... as the director, i will ask for a few fun and easy things..!! The first thing i would like to ask everybody to do is to take a candid picture of yourself traveling. Flight attendants, family, travel friends or acquaintances can take this pic for you. This picture should represent what is was like for you to travel from home to this wonderful destination. For some it could be all about the airport, for others it may be packing, and some about arrival. Whatever your pic is, it should also speak or say something about your personality. Take as many as you need, but i will only use one.... so be creative and have fun with it..!! My intention is to use these pics for a title credit sequence that introduces everybody by SD.com screen name and origination city..!! :)

David

VERY :cool1: idea...but some people are in transit today so may not have seen this. Or they are like me...no camera. BUT...I'm sure we can do something to compensate once we are there! :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#608 DivinDave

DivinDave

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Cert Level:Closed circuit rebreather, full trimix and cave.
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:55 AM

Hey there everybody!! I have allot of ideas that I'll be using for the vacation DVD's for the group, and i'll fill you in on them when we meet up in Utila. However, here is your first assinement; should you choose to accept it..!! :-D

Over the course of the next week, you will be the stars of your vacation video... as the director, i will ask for a few fun and easy things..!! The first thing i would like to ask everybody to do is to take a candid picture of yourself traveling. Flight attendants, family, travel friends or acquaintances can take this pic for you. This picture should represent what is was like for you to travel from home to this wonderful destination. For some it could be all about the airport, for others it may be packing, and some about arrival. Whatever your pic is, it should also speak or say something about your personality. Take as many as you need, but i will only use one.... so be creative and have fun with it..!! My intention is to use these pics for a title credit sequence that introduces everybody by SD.com screen name and origination city..!! :)

David

VERY :dance: idea...but some people are in transit today so may not have seen this. Or they are like me...no camera. BUT...I'm sure we can do something to compensate once we are there! :cool1:

very true!! Thanks for pointing that out WW!! Phone camera works also... and you may have to meet a total stranger with a camera... have them email the photo to you or me (i just love adventures..!) For those that don't/cant get a photo.. not to worry ~ I have ideas for you guys also. :cool2:

"I'd rather attempt something great and fail, than attempt nothing and succeed..."

#609 karenpadi

karenpadi

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:30 PM

Hi all,

I'm unable to get traveller's checks (seven different banks!) did Deep Blue say the would take credit card for a 7% surcharge?

Otherwise I'm taking way more cash than I would like.

Thanks!

BTW, I also have no camera for the trip!

#610 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:57 PM

Hi all,

I'm unable to get traveller's checks (seven different banks!) did Deep Blue say the would take credit card for a 7% surcharge?

Thanks!

Karen,

Deepblue will take credit cards with a surcharge....

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#611 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,676 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:57 PM

Hi all,

Thanks!

I always have extra cash. If you want to buy some from me that is fine. Simply bring your check book otherwise I have to charge 3% on your cash advance! -ww

p.s. bring little bills for your cash needs...

Edited by WreckWench, 07 March 2008 - 03:58 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#612 diverb0b

diverb0b

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Cert Level:INSTRUCTOR TRAINER
  • Logged Dives:7000 +

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:27 PM

Well hope you all have a great time in Utila.After hearing of the big snow storm thats going to hit us wish I was coming down with yas :cool1: :dance: :-D :bye: :taz: :) :cool2: :taz: :bam: :fish:
It will all be a memory tomorrow
I BE DIVING

#613 karenpadi

karenpadi

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

Thank you! I have no problem with a surcharge. Besides, I haven't written a check in, well, months if not years. I do have some cash.

#614 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

Thank you! I have no problem with a surcharge. Besides, I haven't written a check in, well, months if not years. I do have some cash.

Perhaps you may be able to purchase some travellers checks from airport money changes?
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#615 1Scubadiver

1Scubadiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor-long ago
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

I also have no camera, my darling daughter has it in Boulder! :P :birthday:
However I emailed Jasmine & they have them for rent $30/day or $150 week for the week. Great for all those whale sharks we're gonna see!!!! :cool2: :lmao: :diver: :fish:
Safe travels everyone!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users