• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

I'm on a Cruise

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

Shhhhhhh!!!!! Not so Loud!! :lmao:

:respect:

#17 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:50 PM

Why didn't someone warn me?

You didn't ask. Sorry you didn't have more fun. You shoulda come to Florida, I would have taken you diving. That's how I celebrate my birthday every year.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#18 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:07 PM

Why didn't someone warn me?

You didn't ask. Sorry you didn't have more fun. You shoulda come to Florida, I would have taken you diving. That's how I celebrate my birthday every year.

I know Walter. I would have much rather been diving in FL, but we had non divers with us. It really wasn't as bad as I've made it sound. It just wasn't my kind of a vacation.

#19 Houston Squid

Houston Squid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:National Geographic OW, AOW, Nitrox (IANTD)
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

I am off to Cozumel tomorrow and I am getting in 7 - 9 Dives -- not sure how motivated my fellow divers are going to be yet.

I get back from Coz on the 4th and then head out on 5 Day Carnival Cruise out of Galveston. I get back from there on 12th and then on the 13th go back out on the Spree for Flower Garden Diving.

I figured if I sandwiched my Cruise between two awesome dive locations I would be OK.

Plus, knowing after that I am in the Red Sea at the end of the month and then in the Bahamas in October ... cruising seemed like a good place to rest.
Signature under construction :)

#20 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:46 PM

It was a trip with my girlie friends to celebrate our 50th birthdays! Not all of them were divers.

50!
You're remarkably well preserved for your age. :P

I'm thinking Punkie decided to celebrate it in 2007 instead of the correct year, which is 2017! Yes, I'm sure that's right!

#21 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:48 PM

It was a trip with my girlie friends to celebrate our 50th birthdays! Not all of them were divers.

50!
You're remarkably well preserved for your age. :evilgrin:

I'm thinking Punkie decided to celebrate it in 2007 instead of the correct year, which is 2017! Yes, I'm sure that's right!

Ok...um...sure...I'll go with that!

#22 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:02 PM

Why did you plan a vacation where you can't dive?

And since you're supposed to help recommend destinations to us, maybe you should have kept that info to yourself? :evilgrin:

I didn't know recommending destinations was part of my job. So if it is, don't go on a cruise!

I've never been on a cruise, and have never wanted to.

Funny, but your description confirms my mental image of what it would be like.:teeth:

Hang in there Punky :evilgrin:

Edited by Mermaid Lady, 30 August 2007 - 10:02 PM.

Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#23 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:08 AM

50!
You're remarkably well preserved for your age. :evilgrin:

I would have gone with 2027... :evilgrin:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#24 nurseshark

nurseshark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:58 AM

Sorry the Cruise isnt all you wanted....

Tough life... its could be alot worse .....

Happy birthday...

You do look Fabulous!

Karen

#25 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:25 PM

I don't recall who made it famous, but "Going on a cruise is like being in a nice hotel you're not allowed to leave at night" - and some days. The two most boring trips of my life, well before Scuba entered.

I do hope you're not in the Southern Caribbean. Storm coming.
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#26 madlobster

madlobster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:39 PM

Welcome to the AARP crowd, but age is a number not a state of mind so KEEP THINKIN YOUNG and you are :wavey: :welcome: :diver: :twist: :twist: :hiya: :taz:

Edited by madlobster, 04 September 2007 - 05:40 PM.

"The thing about dreams is sometimes you get to live'em out"- Payne Stewart

#27 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:53 PM

Welcome to the AARP crowd, but age is a number not a state of mind so KEEP THINKIN YOUNG and you are :cool1: :thankyou: :cheerleader: :twist: :twist: :cool2: :cool2:

:lmao: It was kind of scary when that AARP stuff started coming in the junk mail! Too bad I'm no-where close to being able to retire yet. :taz:

#28 bottomtime

bottomtime

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Cert Level: padi safe diver-nitrox -cave---prefer spearfishing
  • Logged Dives:3-400-?

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:04 PM

Welcome to fast fifty crowd we'll leave all those slow pokes behind :cool2: ...I joined the group {50} earlier this year as well as SD and I have some college kids that help with the animals :cool1: from time to time and they don't know how to work let alone work hard and smart :cheerleader: !!!! they can't keep up with this young mind and body.... :twist: so just keep doing what you've been doing ,as it looks like you're doing :cool2: FINE :thankyou: David ............and if they have anything to say.. rsvp... KISS MY A :twist:

#29 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:09 PM

I am off to Cozumel tomorrow and I am getting in 7 - 9 Dives -- not sure how motivated my fellow divers are going to be yet.

I get back from Coz on the 4th and then head out on 5 Day Carnival Cruise out of Galveston. I get back from there on 12th and then on the 13th go back out on the Spree for Flower Garden Diving.

I figured if I sandwiched my Cruise between two awesome dive locations I would be OK.

Plus, knowing after that I am in the Red Sea at the end of the month and then in the Bahamas in October ... cruising seemed like a good place to rest.

:cool1: Whaaaa! I want Squids schedule!

Cruises aren't really my thing either, but I could handle it if I had the trips you have planned. :thankyou:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#30 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:07 PM

Went to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize a year and a half ago. 1st dive was Hol Chan Cut, nice shallow dive, but noticed 3-4 boats of snorkelers tied to all the buoys within 100 yds. Surfaced after the dive and they were all gone.

Four days later the local weekly rag comes out. A cruise ship snorkeler had a heart attack while I was below diving.

After I had returned from my trip, I was talking with a friend of mine who works aboard a cruise ship. She told me ther are 3 types of people who take cruises [thankfully you're not in this profile, but should consider it, should you ever decide to cruise again].

NEWLY WED, OVER FED, ALMOST DEAD

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users