• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

so I'm on an online dating site and. . .

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 C-Food

C-Food

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Cert Level:in training (beginner)

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:16 AM

the question comes up "Are women still marketable over age 30?" Since it's a public forum, you can imagine some of the answers, but it did get me curious - especially since I'm WAY over 30. How much does age matter to you when you're looking for a "datable prospect"?

#2 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:26 AM

the question comes up "Are women still marketable over age 30?" Since it's a public forum, you can imagine some of the answers, but it did get me curious - especially since I'm WAY over 30. How much does age matter to you when you're looking for a "datable prospect"?

Youngest woman I ever dated was 22, oldest was 56. Age is irrelevant.
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#3 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:49 AM

"Are women still marketable over age 30?"

I think it's a horrible way to ask the question. People are not things to be bought and sold.

How much does age matter to you when you're looking for a "datable prospect"?

Age matters more to some than to others. My son is 27. Someone 30 would be a more appropriate match for him than for me. I'd much rather date a woman in her 40s or 50s than someone who's yet to reach 30.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#4 C-Food

C-Food

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:18 PM

"Are women still marketable over age 30?"

I think it's a horrible way to ask the question. People are not things to be bought and sold.

How much does age matter to you when you're looking for a "datable prospect"?

Age matters more to some than to others. My son is 27. Someone 30 would be a more appropriate match for him than for me. I'd much rather date a woman in her 40s or 50s than someone who's yet to reach 30.

Yeah, a lot of people reacted to that statement, and I got to agree. It makes it sound like women are possessions to be bought and sold. I think the original poster really wanted to know how much age mattered when you're single and looking and just phrased it all wrong.

I was really feeling old until this past weekend when an 18 yr old started flirting with me - I got a big giggle out of that, and it sure lightened up my day. I'm afraid 18 is a little TOO YOUNG for me though!

#5 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD
  • Logged Dives:138

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:29 PM

Yeah, a lot of people reacted to that statement, and I got to agree. It makes it sound like women are possessions to be bought and sold. I think the original poster really wanted to know how much age mattered when you're single and looking and just phrased it all wrong.

I was really feeling old until this past weekend when an 18 yr old started flirting with me - I got a big giggle out of that, and it sure lightened up my day. I'm afraid 18 is a little TOO YOUNG for me though!

I'm curious. Was the question asked by a man or a woman?

And yes, I think women over 30 are "marketable". I would rather date a 34 year old woman than a 24 year old. Less drama, more stable financially, emotionally, professionally. They might actually have a job! :cool1:

#6 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:40 PM

I'm afraid 18 is a little TOO YOUNG for me though!

I hope so, Darlin'.

DSSW,

WWW™

#7 C-Food

C-Food

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:46 PM

I'm curious. Was the question asked by a man or a woman?

And yes, I think women over 30 are "marketable". I would rather date a 34 year old woman than a 24 year old. Less drama, more stable financially, emotionally, professionally. They might actually have a job! :respect:

Don't know whether it was asked by a man or a woman. I think from the comments that followed from that person, I figured out that it was a woman asking the question. I thought it was a little odd that she phrased it that way.

#8 C-Food

C-Food

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:48 PM

I'm afraid 18 is a little TOO YOUNG for me though!

I hope so, Darlin'.

Sure made me feel good though!!!!

#9 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:56 PM

Sure made me feel good though!!!!

Nothing wrong with that, enjoy!

DSSW,

WWW™

#10 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD
  • Logged Dives:138

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:07 PM

Don't know whether it was asked by a man or a woman. I think from the comments that followed from that person, I figured out that it was a woman asking the question. I thought it was a little odd that she phrased it that way.

As a fellow perpetual victim of online dating, she was probably feeling a bit jaded about her results of late.

I know there are certainly times when I've wondered if it's possible that I will ever meet someone that I would be compatible with.

#11 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:51 PM

{snip} "Are women still marketable over age 30?"{snip}

As a single woman over 40 ~ I would have to say YES.
I often get ask out by men who are in their early 30's
{maybe thats an indicator of my immaturity more than of my marketability :respect: }

It sounds to me like the self esteem was a bit low and needed bolstering.
Very sad to think that your age is a factor in how appealing you may or may not be to another person.

I enjoy friends of all age brackets. When it comes to dating I do prefer men closer to my own age.
I have dated them 5 years younger and 11 years older.
It really depends on the maturity of the man in question and our compatability more than how old or young he is.

Edited by gis_gal, 30 August 2007 - 01:52 PM.

Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#12 Hipshot

Hipshot

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:26 PM

Well, this weekend I'm scheduled to be having dinner with a 51-year old woman at an upscale restaurant in Greenwich, CT. Of course, I'm 54 (and pushing 55).

Rick

:respect:

#13 echo3

echo3

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

I'm drawn to the younger women.

the older ones I meet, can't keep up or don't want to.

and unfortunetly, the younger ones aren't interested I guess.

I see lots of single women out doing the things I"m doing, but they're not to talkative. And I'm refering to just casual talk. I have no problem carring the same conversations with married women in the same situations.

out of curriosity, on a recent hike up a 14'er, I kept a mental note of peoples response to a simple friendly greeting such as "good morning" or "Hi", "how ya doin" as my daughter and I made our way up the mountain. I pretty much greeted eveyone we came across, the only exception was groups of people. The majority of everyone said something in kind back as you would expect. The ones that didn't, the majority of them were women in what appeared to me as being in their 30's. They were either by themselves or with friends, and if one didn't say anything, neither did the other.

Edited by echo3, 30 August 2007 - 07:20 PM.

"I'll fight it, but I won't kill it. Now, what about my dynamite?" - Steve Zissou

#14 Tank

Tank

Getting started

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced OW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:22

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:39 PM

30, 40, 50...whatever. You are only as old as you feel. As far as Desirability (not "marketability") I feel there is no age parameter...well at least under 100 :P It is all just a matter of what you decide... If you are in your 30's and feel that you are NOT desirable, your right. If you are in your 30's and feel that you ARE desirable, YOUR RIGHT! You make the choice, not someone else.

#15 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:46 AM

Women over 30?

My favorites !

Women are desireable if they meet one of the following requirements;

1) weight in pounds < ((age in months)^0.2)*35 + (height in inches - 60)*4) & (income > spending)

OR

2) they don't nagnagbitchnagnagbitchnagnagbitch about nothing.

Seems like 50 year old women are very much more likely to meet requirement #2 than are 25 year old women.

But will make a woman undateable is if she has child(ren) and does not try to make them behave.

If her child(ren) are not living at home, I still want to know if they are upstanding citizens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users