• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT! Belize Nov 8-13 or 8-15 2007 - Subsidized AIRFARE!

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#496 Fordan

Fordan

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:70

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:11 AM

RENTAL GEAR NEEDED FOR DAY OF ARRIVAL DIVING:

4. Fordan: 23# lead,

If we're diving AL80, I think I'll need 26# lead or so. I need 22-23 for diving with an AL100.

Unless.... This is a secret way of telling me that AL100's really are available, in which case delete this message... :cheerleader:

#497 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:22 AM

If we're diving AL80, I think I'll need 26# lead or so. I need 22-23 for diving with an AL100.

Unless.... This is a secret way of telling me that AL100's really are available, in which case delete this message... :cheerleader:

ADDITIONAL DAY OF ARRIVAL DETAILS:

Assume al80's until we confirm any 100's at this point. The Day of Arrival dives will certainly be with al80's and they will be on air. Nitrox will not be available for the first day.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#498 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:40 AM

Yes, I still want to do the day of arrival dive. I only need 13# of lead and air. My BC is weight integrated. I also am now nitrox certified, so I may want to add some nitrox tanks, depending on how many dives I get to do each day.

I think someone said our Tropic Air vouchers would be mailed to us. Am I the only one who hasn't received anything?

I hope they are not being mailed, because I will be leaving for Atlanta today, and will not be going home to check my mail. If they are being emailed, I would need to receive them before 2pm Central time.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#499 DiverDavid

DiverDavid

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:15 AM

Yes, I still want to do the day of arrival dive. I only need 13# of lead and air. My BC is weight integrated. I also am now nitrox certified, so I may want to add some nitrox tanks, depending on how many dives I get to do each day.

I think someone said our Tropic Air vouchers would be mailed to us. Am I the only one who hasn't received anything?

I hope they are not being mailed, because I will be leaving for Atlanta today, and will not be going home to check my mail. If they are being emailed, I would need to receive them before 2pm Central time.

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :birthday: I too am leaving today (on an early 8:45 pm redeye tonight) so need to know what the voucher situation is pretty soon sometime today. :birthday: :angel2: :angel2:

#500 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:33 AM

Voucher Update for Commuter Flight:

Ok gang sorry for all the confusion. It seems that the local tickets have now been booked by the hotel on MAYA AIR not on Tropic Air. I have asked Sun Breeze to email me a statement that they have booked all the airfares for the following people so that we can have that with us in the case of any questions. Here is the process we have for getting to the island from BZE. I HAVE ALREADY REQUESTED FROM THE HOTEL SOMETHING OFFICIAL THAT YOU CAN PRINT OUT AND TAKE WITH YOU SHOULD ANY QUESTIONS ARISE.

Your people will simply arrive to Goldson International and go to Maya Air and tell them they have a pre-paid ticket booked by SunBreeze... Sun Breeze will pick them up at the airport, Maya is on the other side, and take them to the hotel...

So as soon as I get a reply email from the Hotel confirming our list of passengers I will send that to all of you via email (please make sure the email you put in your survey as well as the one in the system is correct) and we'll post it in the private forum as well.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#501 DiverDavid

DiverDavid

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:38 AM

Update:

I've put the Nitrox calculations in the first post. Please take a look and make sure you agree with the number of tanks I have down for you with Nitrox. Of course this could change if WreckWench tells us we have a bigger boat!

:cheerleader:

:cheerleader: again for all the time and #&!%&#! you are dealing with for us on the trip. I checked out the info on post #1; etski and I are both down for 5 Nitrox tanks but I believe this should be 8. 3 on the first day, 3 on the second, and 2 on the BH day. I know I previousely requested N only on certain dives, so sorry for confusing this part :angel2: . Based on that change I calculate my additional cost to be: $30 for D1 #3 + $45 D2 #3nightdive + $170 D3 BH + $104 for 8 tanks of N. That totals to $349 not including $40 assuming I make the day of arrival dive which I should. So, do I bring a check, cash, or use paypal today and for what confirmed amount? Double :birthday: again. :birthday: David

#502 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:41 AM

Voucher Update for Commuter Flight:

Ok gang sorry for all the confusion. It seems that the local tickets have now been booked by the hotel on MAYA AIR not on Tropic Air. I have asked Sun Breeze to email me a statement that they have booked all the airfares for the following people so that we can have that with us in the case of any questions. Here is the process we have for getting to the island from BZE. I HAVE ALREADY REQUESTED FROM THE HOTEL SOMETHING OFFICIAL THAT YOU CAN PRINT OUT AND TAKE WITH YOU SHOULD ANY QUESTIONS ARISE.

Your people will simply arrive to Goldson International and go to Maya Air and tell them they have a pre-paid ticket booked by SunBreeze... Sun Breeze will pick them up at the airport, Maya is on the other side, and take them to the hotel...

So as soon as I get a reply email from the Hotel confirming our list of passengers I will send that to all of you via email (please make sure the email you put in your survey as well as the one in the system is correct) and we'll post it in the private forum as well.

Do you know if the luggage weight restrictions are different on Maya Air?
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#503 Fordan

Fordan

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:49 AM

Per http://www.mayaairwa...om/policies.asp, "FREE BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE 70LBS"

#504 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:50 AM

[/quote]

If they are for more weight perhaps I can bring clothes :cheerleader:
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#505 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:09 AM

Per http://www.mayaairwa...om/policies.asp, "FREE BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE 70LBS"

It didn't mention a "carry on" so I e-mailed them to see if there is an allowance for that as well. May not be...

If I hear... I'll post it.
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#506 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:17 AM

If they are for more weight perhaps I can bring clothes :cheerleader:

Ok, I decided to call... JUST because I actually was afraid Zach might actually BE NAKED!! :cheerleader:

I was told that they have a 70lb limit total (for 2 bags), but that if you are a little over there would be no charge. His exact words were between 70-100 lbs would be fine and no charge. Take that for what is it worth....

Also, I asked if carry ons were allowed and he said yes. Apparently it will be a Cessna Caravan 12 seater plane.

At least that's what I got from our conversation. :birthday:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#507 Fordan

Fordan

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:37 AM

Also, I asked if carry ons were allowed and he said yes. Apparently it will be a Cessna Caravan 12 seater plane.

At least that's what I got from our conversation. :cheerleader:

For the record, I call shotgun for one of the one-person-only seats. :cheerleader:

Posted Image

Well, at least if the flight is full.

#508 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:43 AM

Payment Update:

1. Joseph aka Outdoorswon got your payment for Blue Hole, Night Dive 2 tank extra dives (hope we have the boat to cover them all!) :cheerleader:

Document Update:

1. Sarah aka ScubaSarah got your waiver! :cheerleader:

formerly...

#509 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:33 PM

Update:

I've put the Nitrox calculations in the first post. Please take a look and make sure you agree with the number of tanks I have down for you with Nitrox. Of course this could change if WreckWench tells us we have a bigger boat!

:cheerleader:

:cheerleader: again for all the time and #&!%&#! you are dealing with for us on the trip. I checked out the info on post #1; etski and I are both down for 5 Nitrox tanks but I believe this should be 8. 3 on the first day, 3 on the second, and 2 on the BH day. I know I previousely requested N only on certain dives, so sorry for confusing this part :angel2: . Based on that change I calculate my additional cost to be: $30 for D1 #3 + $45 D2 #3nightdive + $170 D3 BH + $104 for 8 tanks of N. That totals to $349 not including $40 assuming I make the day of arrival dive which I should. So, do I bring a check, cash, or use paypal today and for what confirmed amount? Double :birthday: again. :birthday: David

Thanks David. I'll make the change.

#510 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:35 PM

ADDITIONAL DAY OF ARRIVAL DETAILS:

Assume al80's until we confirm any 100's at this point. The Day of Arrival dives will certainly be with al80's and they will be on air. Nitrox will not be available for the first day.

Ok. I will need to recalculate the the nitrox list then. Everyone who is scheduled for the day of arrival dive, will have one less nitrox tank than what is in the first post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users