• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Look out Iraq

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:43 AM

Well the news finally went public so I can share it here.

Looks like June of 2008 I’ll be back in Iraq for another lovely, all expenses paid, trip!

I can’t state which location I’ll be at (it isn’t 100% finalized), but I will be there.

Note, I’ve gotten a few other crazy divers ready and we plan to do as many dives there as possible. (yes, recreational diving in a war zone! :welcome: ) I’m working out some logistics right now, but it looks like it might be possible.

Is there a list of members for SD by what FOBs there are on? I’m trying to figure out what resources I need to plan for.

Note, if you are on our FOB and want to dive, I can bring gear for you. :)
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#2 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:38 AM

Eric, Thank you for your time there....Wishing you a safe trip and great diving in advance! ....What, if any thing, can I send with you? ...cookies?..twizzlers?... metal detector??....
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#3 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:49 AM

Eric, Thank you for your time there....Wishing you a safe trip and great diving in advance! ....What, if any thing, can I send with you? ...cookies?..twizzlers?... metal detector??....

Silly string????

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:12 AM

Hey Moose you know you'll be in my prayers until you are safely home again! Diving in the war zone would be cool. And it would liven up the u-tube videos I always see of spider wars etc that the guys do to kill the time. :welcome:

If you have ANY desires for trips before that time let me know so I can work with you to plan them. I'm locking in final dates now but can always help our divers in uniform to ensure we hit a special location for them! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:17 AM

Hey Moose you know you'll be in my prayers until you are safely home again! Diving in the war zone would be cool. And it would liven up the u-tube videos I always see of spider wars etc that the guys do to kill the time. :welcome:

If you have ANY desires for trips before that time let me know so I can work with you to plan them. I'm locking in final dates now but can always help our divers in uniform to ensure we hit a special location for them! -ww

Is is possible to set up a forum where the divers in uniform can post what bases they are in?

I'll be traveling when I'm over there and would love to be able to set up HH's on FOBs. :)
Moose

#6 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:00 AM

Well, I would say "That sucks" but I know you and I are polar opposites on this, but I will say Stay Safe. Where do you plan on diving?

#7 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:19 AM

What the Fairy said... stay safe, Moose. :welcome:

#8 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:51 AM

Well the news finally went public so I can share it here.

Looks like June of 2008 I'll be back in Iraq for another lovely, all expenses paid, trip!

I can't state which location I'll be at (it isn't 100% finalized), but I will be there.

Note, I've gotten a few other crazy divers ready and we plan to do as many dives there as possible. (yes, recreational diving in a war zone! :welcome: ) I'm working out some logistics right now, but it looks like it might be possible.

Is there a list of members for SD by what FOBs there are on? I'm trying to figure out what resources I need to plan for.

Note, if you are on our FOB and want to dive, I can bring gear for you. :)

At least it is all expenses paid...Just kidding!!! I know you expected you would need to go again sometime in the future. At least you will be able to do some diving while there.

If you need anything once you are there, let me know, and I will gladly sent it to you. Assuming it is available here in Alabama!
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#9 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:57 AM

Hey Moose,

thank you for serving our country! Stay safe and shoot some diving video while you're there so we can all watch it when you get back home :welcome:

#10 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:30 PM

If you need anything once you are there, let me know, and I will gladly sent it to you. Assuming it is available here in Alabama!

A have a list of things I want, but most are R rated or above! :P
Moose

#11 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:43 PM

A have a list of things I want, but most are R rated or above! :P

Yeah, those R-rated items might be difficult to find down here in the Bible Belt, but I could always try!
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#12 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:37 PM

Hey Moose you know you'll be in my prayers until you are safely home again! Diving in the war zone would be cool. And it would liven up the u-tube videos I always see of spider wars etc that the guys do to kill the time. :P

Is is possible to set up a forum where the divers in uniform can post what bases they are in?

I'll be traveling when I'm over there and would love to be able to set up HH's on FOBs. :clapping:

Hey Moose, You be careful over there. When are you coming home?

Do you mean you would like a forum other than the "Divers in Uniform Forum"? Something password protected maybe, so your locations won't be public? Happy Hours over there sound like a great idea.

#13 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:30 PM

A have a list of things I want, but most are R rated or above! :diver:

Well, Moose there are no restrictions to buying >R rated things here in NYC and sooooo many places to get them. What did you have in mind?

And more importantly don't you think that you might have enough time from now to June to get those things? They will probably will arrest you for having those sort of items there :P or worse :clapping:

Edited by secretsea18, 18 November 2007 - 05:32 PM.

#14 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:49 AM

Do you mean you would like a forum other than the "Divers in Uniform Forum"? Something password protected maybe, so your locations won't be public? Happy Hours over there sound like a great idea.

Well yes. Or something to that effect.

You see, I need to talk to people that are in the FOBs we might be going to. But I can't publicly ask for those locations (then I'm broadcasting where will be going.)

But it's not a big security risk to tell someone where you are already. Since most people already have disclosed it to many people.

The only other thing I can do is ask for a bunch of FOBs and have anyone in one of them PM me.

So, if you are currently in (or where recently in) any of the following please PM me...

FOB Caldwell
FOB Falcon
FOB Grizzly
FOB Independence
FOB Justice
FOB Warrior

Thanks
Moose

#15 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:05 AM

Take a GPS unit with you and mark out all the cool dive sites...

dune_bashing.jpg
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users