• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

July 26- Aug 2 2008 WHALESHARKS!!! Yep Holbox & Cozy & Cenotes!

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#46 bpro

bpro

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:190

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:01 AM

hey mechanical, I went to Coz at about this time last year. I wore a 2mm shorty wetsuit and was more than comfortable in the ocean. Being from MO, maybe we have similar tolerance to cold :cheerleader:. The Cenotes were in the low 70s. I actually did my first dive in the same 2mm and was cool, but comfortable. By the time we got out and prepared for the second dive, I was a bit chilled and borrowed a 3mm full to go on top of it, and was glad I did. So the Cenotes might be your deciding factor.

#47 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:10 PM

hey mechanical, I went to Coz at about this time last year. I wore a 2mm shorty wetsuit and was more than comfortable in the ocean. Being from MO, maybe we have similar tolerance to cold :cool1:. The Cenotes were in the low 70s. I actually did my first dive in the same 2mm and was cool, but comfortable. By the time we got out and prepared for the second dive, I was a bit chilled and borrowed a 3mm full to go on top of it, and was glad I did. So the Cenotes might be your deciding factor.

Yep, the Cenotes are cool, and if you wear a neoprene suit snorkeling with the whale sharks, I don't think you have to wear a PDF. If you don't, then you do. I didn't get that far last year, but that's my understanding.

Anyway, always take more exposure protection that you think you need. Getting cold is a dive killer.
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#48 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:19 PM

Document Update:

1. Tamara aka Diversity Darling: Received your survey! :cool1:

#49 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:43 PM

Will I need a wetsuit for this trip? I am very cold tolerant and was wondering if a dive skin would be sufficient. I have a fleece lined dive skin and was thinking it would be good enough. Any opinions? I wear six pounds of lead in a five mil wetsuit, will I have to wear floaties without one :D
Update: quitting smoking not going well, haven't got the meds yet. I have dropped eight pounds and moved a little more around, so that is going well, but I feel as if I have been beat with a stick.

Don't give up on the quitting smoking thing!! I am here to cheer you on!!! :cool1: And way to go on losing the 8 lbs. - that's fantastic!! Keep in mind, the more weight you lose, the more apt you are to get chilled on a dive. A dive buddy of mine lost a bunch of weight a couple of years ago and he is amazed at how much colder he gets now.

So you may eventually need a new wetsuit - but just think how HOT you'll look in it!!! :cool2:
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#50 nbaleva

nbaleva

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:~30

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

I'm new SD and this trip looks very interesting.

When is the absolute latest I can commit to this trip ? I have to work things out with work and stuff.

#51 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:37 PM

I'm new SD and this trip looks very interesting.

When is the absolute latest I can commit to this trip ? I have to work things out with work and stuff.

:) Welcome to SingleDivers nbaleva! This is going to be an awesome trip, with some great people. You still have time, but don't wait too long. I don't know how many spots are available for this trip, and we have 6 people signed up now.

#52 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

Document Update:

1. Tamera aka Diversity Darling: ww got your waiver! :birthday:

#53 mechanical31

mechanical31

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:55 PM

well I just found out the divorce left me with tax problems to sort out, so I won't be leaving the US. It made me mad that I couldn't get a passport so I went out and bought a truck and jet boat. Hope you all have fun :teeth:
I'mA riddle so strong, you can't break me.
Alice in Chains

#54 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:37 PM

well I just found out the divorce left me with tax problems to sort out, so I won't be leaving the US. It made me mad that I couldn't get a passport so I went out and bought a truck and jet boat. Hope you all have fun :teeth:

That stinks, but in the meantime, why don't you look at the NC trip or Dry Tortugas or Flower Gardens??? We have some great places to dive right here in the good 'ol US! And great SD people to go with too!! :teeth:
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#55 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

That is terrible! :teeth:

#56 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

well I just found out the divorce left me with tax problems to sort out, so I won't be leaving the US. It made me mad that I couldn't get a passport so I went out and bought a truck and jet boat. Hope you all have fun :welcome:

Waaaaa!!!!!
That's terrible!!!!!
You're a prisoner on land.
Phyllis

#57 Scuba34

Scuba34

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:MASTER SCUBA DIVER
  • Logged Dives:168

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:39 PM

Wow what a great trip opportunity. I just ran across your dive site and would love to attend this group trip. Can you tell me a total cost for the Cozumel, Cenotes, and Whale Shark dives. Also how do I get in touch with you regarding payment via credit card. Can't wait to hear from you.

#58 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:00 AM

Wow what a great trip opportunity. I just ran across your dive site and would love to attend this group trip. Can you tell me a total cost for the Cozumel, Cenotes, and Whale Shark dives. Also how do I get in touch with you regarding payment via credit card. Can't wait to hear from you.

Welcome to Singledivers Scuba34! You are right this trip is an awesome opportunity. The $1391 price includes the diving at Cozy, Cenotes, and Holbox.

You can find the trip documents by clicking on the link in my signature line. You will need to fill out the Survey and the Release Form. There is also a Credit Card payment form which you can fax to WreckWench. I will send you the password so you can access the docs.

#59 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:55 AM

For the thread, DIVErsity Darling and I are going to go early. We'll arrive on Thursday afternoon at 2:30. WW, we'd like to get 2 extra nights (requesting the 1st floor) at Casa del Mar (Thurs and Fri). We'll do a checkout dive on Thursday and want to do 2 dives on Friday. Anyone else is welcome to join us early.
We can't wait to :wakawaka: !!!!
Phyllis

#60 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:02 AM

Welcome, Scuba34! :wakawaka:

All these SD trips are a lot of fun. I've been on about 8 so far, from NC wreck diving to live aboards to Texas lake diving/camp-outs. I've made a lot of great friends.
This trip will be different from any of the other dives I done with a lot of variety. Can't wait to swim with the whalesharks and I haven't dove (or is it dived?) cenotes yet. It will be a couple of great things to cross off my Bucket List.
Hope you can join us :cool1: :) :) .

Edited by Stingray1, 30 May 2008 - 08:04 AM.

Phyllis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users