• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

July 26- Aug 2 2008 WHALESHARKS!!! Yep Holbox & Cozy & Cenotes!

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:51 AM

This will be my first SD trip -- Please count me in! I love Cozumel and have always wanted to see whale sharks.

Trip Options
Cozumel: Yes
Nitrox in Cozumel: Yes
Cenotes: Yes
Whale Sharks: Yes
Upgrade to Single Occupancy at Puerto Holbox: Yes

Flight Plan
I plan to fly into Cozumel on July 26th and out of Cancun on August 2nd.

:fish: :rolleyes:

That is great news! We are THRILLED to have you join us! This will be a great trip! Did you want d/o for the Cozy part of the trip? Or just the Holbox portion?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:19 AM

:fish: Welcome to SD Fishwatcher! This is going to be a great trip. Please post an intro here
when you get a few minutes so we can get to know you! :D

This will be my first SD trip -- Please count me in! I love Cozumel and have always wanted to see whale sharks.

Trip Options
Cozumel: Yes
Nitrox in Cozumel: Yes
Cenotes: Yes
Whale Sharks: Yes

Flight Plan
I plan to fly into Cozumel on July 26th and out of Cancun on August 2nd.

:teeth: :rolleyes:

#33 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:47 PM

Payment Update:

1. Phillip aka fishwatcher: Received your payment of $1638.73 including 3% paypal fee$ :teeth:

#34 DIVErsity Darling

DIVErsity Darling

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, night diving, boat diving, navigational diving
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:39 PM

I've had my eye on this trip for awhile. I'm recovering from a toxic tax year, but I think I'll recover. Getting docs and $ together. Wondering where is everyone, let's get the party started :welcome: !! This will be my first trip with SD, so hoping to meet lots of awesome divers in and out of the water!! I'm thinking about arriving a few days early so looking to room with someone who might also be wanting to dive a few more days in Cozumel.

Tamara

#35 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:13 AM

I've had my eye on this trip for awhile. I'm recovering from a toxic tax year, but I think I'll recover. Getting docs and $ together. Wondering where is everyone, let's get the party started :welcome: !! This will be my first trip with SD, so hoping to meet lots of awesome divers in and out of the water!! I'm thinking about arriving a few days early so looking to room with someone who might also be wanting to dive a few more days in Cozumel.

Tamara

:welcome: Welcome to SingleDivers Tamara! I've had my eye on this trip for two years, I wish I could go too. I've had 4 toxic years of paying college tuition for my son! :welcome: This trip is slowly gaining speed, so be patient, the divers will come! :welcome:

When we get all the trip participants on the list, we will match people up with roomates. So send your flight info, and we will work on a roommate for you.

#36 mechanical31

mechanical31

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

Ok, I know I am going on this trip. Getting everything squared away as we speak. I found direct flights to and from cozumel from St. Louis for about 700.00. Is that pretty good? This will be the first time I have flown with my dive gear, so am I right that I will have to pay to check extra baggage. I know what I am carrying on and all, but I am not sure if I should bring my Akona dive bag or pack it all in a standard suitcase. Going to get my application for a pasport done next week (bad time to live in the middle of nowhere). I didn't know where my ex wife was born and they didn't like my spawned in the depths of hell answer so that might be a trick to find out. I'll get the money sent in after I get a few projects taken care of around home, but it is no if I am going, I am going. Looking forward to this trip. I deserve it. Oh yeah. Next week I am getting put on no smoking pills so I can quit and I plan on redistributing about twenty pounds also so I caould use a little cheering on too :diver:
I'mA riddle so strong, you can't break me.
Alice in Chains

#37 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:08 PM

Ok, I know I am going on this trip. Getting everything squared away as we speak. I found direct flights to and from cozumel from St. Louis for about 700.00. Is that pretty good? This will be the first time I have flown with my dive gear, so am I right that I will have to pay to check extra baggage. I know what I am carrying on and all, but I am not sure if I should bring my Akona dive bag or pack it all in a standard suitcase. Going to get my application for a pasport done next week (bad time to live in the middle of nowhere). I didn't know where my ex wife was born and they didn't like my spawned in the depths of hell answer so that might be a trick to find out. I'll get the money sent in after I get a few projects taken care of around home, but it is no if I am going, I am going. Looking forward to this trip. I deserve it. Oh yeah. Next week I am getting put on no smoking pills so I can quit and I plan on redistributing about twenty pounds also so I caould use a little cheering on too :wakawaka:

WHOO HOO!!! :clapping: You do deserve this trip! :cool1: Good Luck on the Smoking! Quiting was one of the hardest things I ever did, but I am soooo glad I did. You can do it, just don't give up. :clapping:

I have never had to pay extra for baggage, but a lot of people do. Just depends on how heavy you pack. Check what the weight restrictions are for the airline that you are flying on. I'll move you up the list. Do you need the password?

#38 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:16 PM

Darling I've been waiting to dive blue water with you for what...3 years now??? :wakawaka:

I think I'm the lucky one! :clapping:

But yes you deserve it! :cool1:

As for luggage do check...most airlines implemented the extra fee for a second bag if you don't fly with them enough to qualify as a frequent flyer.

I would use a reg suitcase...doesn't scream DIVE GEAR STEAL ME!! That's all I use and I've never had problems. Some suitcases weigh less than others...try to find one that doesn't weight a ton. The cheaper ones usually fit into this category so that helps too.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else! This is going to be a great trip...whalesharks here we come! :clapping:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#39 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:47 PM

I found direct flights to and from cozumel from St. Louis for about 700.00. Is that pretty good?

Hi there! :clapping:

I did this trip last year, and noticed something in your post that the ladies may not have - and you may have misunderstood. You return from CANCUN (CUN), not Cozumel (CZM)...!

I just checked Sidestep.com and I don't see any non-stops STL to CZM or CUN. I know that you said "direct," which is technically a flight that may stop on the way but you stay on the same plane, but I didn't see that - unless I just missed it...?

$700 is high tho, as Continental will do it for considerably less - at the moment, as fare checks and change suddenly we all know. :clapping: I found three different ways to do this....

$624 RT flying into CZM, out of CUN late enough for the tour

Posted Image

Or you could fly to Cuncun RT, take the bus then ferry to Cozumel for $45 less. I would not do it, but offer this for dicusssion

Posted Image

Or you could save $115 before bus and ferry expenses if you didn't mind getting in this late, and you could quickly confirm the time of the last bus and last ferry - but there is enough risk there that I'd be leery of this approach...

Posted Image

I hope that gives you some info you can use, including ideas you can reject - as I think I'd pay the $624 to fly into Cozumel and out of Canun in example #1 above.

Booking an "Open Jaw" with Continental is not done on the main page, but here is a link to the one that will work: Multiple Destinations

I believe will allow 1-50# checked free, 1-40# roll-on, and 1-small backpack. You can check a second 50# bag for $25 each way: Checked Baggage

If you're not a frequently air traveler, you may find the TSA rules helpful: What To Know Before You Go

And many would suggest that Trip Insurance is a good idea in addition to required DAN or similar dive insurance. More info on that is available here.

Have a good trip...!
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#40 mechanical31

mechanical31

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:11 AM

Don,
Thanks for pointing this out about cancun. I probably would have caught it before going ahead with anything, but maybe not also. Smoking won't be a problem. Chantrix is awesome, I just didn't take it long enough last time. Also I feel as if I have been beat with a stick right now from yard work and isometric exercises. I'll be ready! I dont need a password yet.
Alice in Chains

#41 Fishwatcher

Fishwatcher

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:192

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:48 AM

Trip Options

:lmao: :usflag:

That is great news! We are THRILLED to have you join us! This will be a great trip! Did you want d/o for the Cozy part of the trip? Or just the Holbox portion?

Hello WreckWench,

I'd like double-occupancy for Cozumel and single occupancy for Holbox, please.

Thanks!

Fishwatcher

:D :)

#42 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:26 PM

Document Update:

1. Phillip aka Fishwatcher: Received your Survey and Waiver! :banghead:

#43 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

I want to go on this trip! I Want To Go On This Trip!! I WANT TO GO ON THIS TRIP!!!!

:( I really need someone to adopt me. LOL.
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#44 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:10 AM

I want to go on this trip! I Want To Go On This Trip!! I WANT TO GO ON THIS TRIP!!!!

:thankyou: I really need someone to adopt me. LOL.

Well come on!!!!!!!
I'm sure the guys won't mind having the boy/girl ratio stacked in their favor.
:flirt:
Phyllis

#45 mechanical31

mechanical31

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:22 AM

Will I need a wetsuit for this trip? I am very cold tolerant and was wondering if a dive skin would be sufficient. I have a fleece lined dive skin and was thinking it would be good enough. Any opinions? I wear six pounds of lead in a five mil wetsuit, will I have to wear floaties without one :cheerleader:
Update: quitting smoking not going well, haven't got the meds yet. I have dropped eight pounds and moved a little more around, so that is going well, but I feel as if I have been beat with a stick.
Alice in Chains

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users