• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

5/08 NW Dive Show - SingleDivers.com will be there

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#91 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

Awesome another SD babe at the show. That is the greatest.

As for diving, I think I need to get up there with my camera on Wed and take some pics above and below and show how great the PNW diving can be. The water is only as cold as the people you are with so it will be enticingly warm. I will try to post the pics Wed night to show every one what they will miss without dive gear.

As for the rain coat in this area you need a rain coat or a willingness to get wet. Thur looks dry as of the last report I heard so maybe a great weather weekend to go with all the fun.

Keith

Keith -

I'll be picking up the tanks on Wednesday morning. Are you going to be available to dive then, or did you mean Thursday?

I am hoping I will be there for the Wed night dive with your club. I deliver in Monroe at 1500 tomorrow afternoon and then need to get the truck to the yard in Tacoma, not sure how they are going to have me do that. If I can drive straight to Tacoma I should be able to make it back up to the Seattle area in time to make the Wed night dive. I am hoping then I will get the some pics online that night.
If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#92 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

Carol aka Sassi....YEA!!!! You are joining us! I am soooooooooooooooooo thrilled. And you never told me you were a Texan...no wonder I like you just a bit extra! :respect:

And I want everyone to know that now the BABES outnumber the Hunks working the booth! :cool1:

Ya gotta love it! :thankyou:

Sassi we'll get you at the airport when you arrive...send me your flight details. I'll have either Scubatooth or KeithT4u pick you up with a SD t-shirt and/or sign in hand. Even though the airport is a straight shot from the convention center...trust me when I say I'd get us lost beyone the show...LOST that is! :)

WOW!!! I just can't believe you can join us. It will be great having you in the booth again. The NJ show rocked because of you! :wakawaka:

As for me driving, I have no problems with that, I can find the important stuff but I am sure Greg will know a lot more about the area. Also I do not drink so I make a great DD if we decide to go out somewhere for fun.

Keith
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#93 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Logged Dives:620

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:34 PM

I would love to volunteer for Saturday and Sunday. I do not know anyone there but I am a Pacific Northwest diver and looking for fun dive buddies, and love meeting new, crazy SCUBA people. Please let me know if I can help in any way.
I see from posts below that there is a "need" for more females, and I happen to be one!
Please contact me with any information. Thanks
Zoe

Cool another SD dive babe for the show. Have you checked the schedule? I am still looking for a dive buddy for the Sat morning treasure hunt. Also not sure if you were able to read all the posts but we are hoping to do a little shore diving on Thursday afternoon. As it stands I am in a good position to be in the area and done by noon on Thursday at the latest so maybe we can get a couple dives in in the briney cold water.

Keith

Check out this link for a possible dive buddy for the treasure hunt.
http://www.nwdiveclu....php?f=3&t=4511

#94 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:28 AM

Carol aka Sassi....YEA!!!! You are joining us! I am soooooooooooooooooo thrilled. And you never told me you were a Texan...no wonder I like you just a bit extra! :respect:

And I want everyone to know that now the BABES outnumber the Hunks working the booth! :cool1:

Ya gotta love it! :thankyou:

Sassi we'll get you at the airport when you arrive...send me your flight details. I'll have either Scubatooth or KeithT4u pick you up with a SD t-shirt and/or sign in hand. Even though the airport is a straight shot from the convention center...trust me when I say I'd get us lost beyone the show...LOST that is! :)

WOW!!! I just can't believe you can join us. It will be great having you in the booth again. The NJ show rocked because of you! :wakawaka:

As for me driving, I have no problems with that, I can find the important stuff but I am sure Greg will know a lot more about the area. Also I do not drink so I make a great DD if we decide to go out somewhere for fun.

Keith

Whatever works. I used to do a lot of airport pickups before I started driving the bus. I used to be a "James", now I'm a "Ralph".

Posted Image

Edited by Brinybay, 30 April 2008 - 08:18 PM.

"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#95 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:40 AM

Awesome another SD babe at the show. That is the greatest.

As for diving, I think I need to get up there with my camera on Wed and take some pics above and below and show how great the PNW diving can be. The water is only as cold as the people you are with so it will be enticingly warm. I will try to post the pics Wed night to show every one what they will miss without dive gear.

As for the rain coat in this area you need a rain coat or a willingness to get wet. Thur looks dry as of the last report I heard so maybe a great weather weekend to go with all the fun.

Keith

Keith -

I'll be picking up the tanks on Wednesday morning. Are you going to be available to dive then, or did you mean Thursday?

I am hoping I will be there for the Wed night dive with your club. I deliver in Monroe at 1500 tomorrow afternoon and then need to get the truck to the yard in Tacoma, not sure how they are going to have me do that. If I can drive straight to Tacoma I should be able to make it back up to the Seattle area in time to make the Wed night dive. I am hoping then I will get the some pics online that night.

We meet at 6:30pm. If it doesn't work out, not to worry, we have another dive schedule Thursday evening at the Edmonds Underwater Park. Any other local SD folk going to join us?

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#96 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:48 AM

Check out this link for a possible dive buddy for the treasure hunt.
http://www.nwdiveclu....php?f=3&t=4511

And if you can't scare up anybody from there, I can put out the word to see if someone in our dive club needs a Treasure Hunt buddy.

#97 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

Update from KCDiving:

Hey guys...KCDiving is not going to be able to join you all today for diving. Work interfered. If you need her tel# pm me and I'll give it to you so you can still try to diving tomorrow if that was the plan. She is working the treasure hunt Sat morning and our booth on Sunday!

I need to figure out where we are doing Happy Hours and partying...so everyone can join us! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#98 kevininpo

kevininpo

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

http://swisspub.com/ would be a great place for a happy hour...and its only a few blocks from where you guys are
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#99 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:49 AM

OK just back from diving. Pictures are not very good, I guess I need a lot more practice with the camera but you get the idea.

Keith

Attached Thumbnails

• SUNP0003.JPG
  • SUNP0011.JPG
  • SUNP0007.JPG
  • SUNP0015.JPG

#100 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:58 AM

Way cool Keith! Looks like you had a great time! Albiet it a bit chilly! :whip:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#101 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:19 AM

Update from KCDiving:

Hey guys...KCDiving is not going to be able to join you all today for diving. Work interfered. If you need her tel# pm me and I'll give it to you so you can still try to diving tomorrow if that was the plan. She is working the treasure hunt Sat morning and our booth on Sunday!

Sorry I missed this post or I would have called her. We opted for the EUP on Thursday.

I need to figure out where we are doing Happy Hours and partying...so everyone can join us! :whip:

Just pick a time and place and we'll be there.

Edited by Brinybay, 02 May 2008 - 10:20 AM.

#102 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

The Wench has spoken!

I just talked to WW at the airport, she asked me to post this for her. She decided to have this at 7pm on Saturday so we can socialize with one another then go to the diver's party if we're so inclined.

Edited by Brinybay, 02 May 2008 - 06:02 PM.

#103 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:06 AM

Way cool Keith! Looks like you had a great time! Albiet it a bit chilly! :whip:

??? Wadaya mean "chilly"? It was sunny and clear out, water temp was 50F, air temp was probably about mid to upper 50s. Perfect, no wind, surface conditions were like glass.

#104 kevininpo

kevininpo

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:07 PM

The Wench has spoken!

I just talked to WW at the airport, she asked me to post this for her. The HH will be at James Center Ivar's, Tacoma.
She decided to have this at 7pm on Saturday so we can socialize with one another then go to the diver's party if we're so inclined.

Since when can you have a happy hour at a place that doesn't serve alcohol???
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#105 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:45 PM

Since when can you have a happy hour at a place that doesn't serve alcohol???

!!!??? The idiot I talked to there yesterday said they were a full service restaurant. To me that means a bar! I just called them again to get the correct info and a gal confirmed what you said. They're not full service at all, one of the fast-food type of Ivar's!

Anyway, spoke to WW, we're changing to The Sea Grill, right next door to the Trade Center. Same time. I called them and they assured me they have a bar and are full service.
Sorry about the mixup, but when you deal with fast-food workers who have no clue what FULL SERVICE is, that's what happens. Apparently the nearest REAL FULL SERVICE Ivar's is in Seattle, too far for us.

Thanks for the heads-up Kevin, that would have been a real hassle finding out the hard way, not to mention I would have went balistic.

Edited by Brinybay, 02 May 2008 - 05:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users