• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

5/08 NW Dive Show - SingleDivers.com will be there

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#76 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

I would love to volunteer for Saturday and Sunday. I do not know anyone there but I am a Pacific Northwest diver and looking for fun dive buddies, and love meeting new, crazy SCUBA people. Please let me know if I can help in any way.
I see from posts below that there is a "need" for more females, and I happen to be one!
Please contact me with any information. Thanks
Zoe

Cool another SD dive babe for the show. Have you checked the schedule? I am still looking for a dive buddy for the Sat morning treasure hunt. Also not sure if you were able to read all the posts but we are hoping to do a little shore diving on Thursday afternoon. As it stands I am in a good position to be in the area and done by noon on Thursday at the latest so maybe we can get a couple dives in in the briney cold water.

Keith
If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#77 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,651 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:01 PM

Spoke with kittenesquire on the phone and she is set to help with the booth both Sat and Sun....we'll be recruiting more hot chicks and roosters for the site! :helpsmily:

Keith you'll meet LOTS of great new buddies for the Treasure Hunt....and I'm sure someone will pop in at the last minute wanting to dive!

I also spoke with the event organizer and they have some GREAT presents for the volunteers that help the SHOW.... hot sunglasses, t-shirts and other prizes... :-D

I have SD t-shirts for all our volunteers too....please pm me your t-shirt size so I can bring the right size for you! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#78 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:46 AM

Any more thoughts on the HH? Steak sounded good to me, but I just looked at El Gaucho's menu, El OUCHO! I'm not so fond of a good steak to pay $48 for one.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#79 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:04 PM

Any more thoughts on the HH? Steak sounded good to me, but I just looked at El Gaucho's menu, El OUCHO! I'm not so fond of a good steak to pay $48 for one.

I don't know how you missed Hooters :clapping: in your list but as the list of SD babes is now the same as the list of guys we might not have a shot at that. Is there a restuarant called "Texas Roadhouse" in the area? They have awesome steaks for about $20 a plate. I am good with any kind of food other than truckstop food that only borders on the edible. :clapping:
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#80 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:15 PM

I don't know how you missed Hooters :birthday: in your list but as the list of SD babes is now the same as the list of guys we might not have a shot at that. Is there a restuarant called "Texas Roadhouse" in the area? They have awesome steaks for about $20 a plate. I am good with any kind of food other than truckstop food that only borders on the edible. :birthday:

The list I posted was taken from NWDN website of eateries w/in walking distance of the Trade Center.

I looked, but no Texas Roadhouse in this state (the name conjures up images of Texas Roadkill, haha!). We have Outback's, but the nearest one is 3.7 miles from the Trade Center. Sorry, but Hooter's is highly overated, IMHO. The food is very mediocre, no micros, and no amount of, uh, "visual appeal" can make up for it. Besides, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking our lady diver friends there. They deserve something more classy.

I vote we pick one of the places nearby that we can walk to, except Goucho/Oucho.

Edited by Brinybay, 27 April 2008 - 01:35 PM.

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#81 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,651 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

Thank you Greg...you've done awesome! I will go over everything tomorrow! I did get my rental car and hotel...same as Keith and Dan (thanks to Keith letting ScubaTooth stay with him!) :birthday: And kittenesquire will be staying with me!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#82 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:27 AM

is there any places with good local cuisine nearby as a steakhouse would be nice but dime a dozen down here. plus is the seafood good in seattle or is it a frozen ship in from the bering sea?

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#83 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,651 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:15 AM

Hey I'm all about the micro brews myself...but we do have a rental car so are not totally stranded at the convention center.

Dang I'm gettng hungry just talking about it all. :usflag:

formerly...

#84 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:26 PM

Hey I'm all about the micro brews myself...but we do have a rental car so are not totally stranded at the convention center.

Dang I'm gettng hungry just talking about it all. :usflag:

is there any places with good local cuisine nearby as a steakhouse would be nice but dime a dozen down here. plus is the seafood good in seattle or is it a frozen ship in from the bering sea?

I'll go with whatever y'all decide. My personal preference is for something close to the Trade Center, including the list of walk-to's.

Edited by Brinybay, 02 May 2008 - 10:05 PM.

#85 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

Greg

most likely the dive gear will be staying home unless the wench twists my fins into going. Anyways looking at the weather for this coming weekend it looks like the lows will be in the 40's and the high in the 60's so it looks like jeans and sweatshirt weather, and to bring the raincoat as well (am i right or do i need to add to this).

As for locations to socialize i will leave that up to the leader of the gang to make the call, as im just a lowly behind the scenes jack of trades who helps out where he can.

Edited by Scubatooth, 28 April 2008 - 01:36 PM.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#86 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:19 PM

Not out of the question yet...still have an SD babe in the works...if she can get the time off from work! But she's not from Texas...but I know you don't care about that! :banghead:

Gee - I wonder if you were talking about me?????? -

Dang I'm gettng hungry just talking about it all. :cool1:

Microbrews good! :respect:

Well - if Wench was talking about me, work finally drove me to drink, er....take weekend trips clear across North America.

Though I gotta tell ya - I'm really a Texan, born and raised - its only the Military who sends me gallavanting around the USA and beyond.

Kamala, I arrive at 1130ish NWA via Detroit (that is going to be one looooooooong flight).

See everyone on Friday! Kamala will be great to see you again, will be great to meet eveyrone else.

#87 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

Awesome another SD babe at the show. That is the greatest.

As for diving, I think I need to get up there with my camera on Wed and take some pics above and below and show how great the PNW diving can be. The water is only as cold as the people you are with so it will be enticingly warm. I will try to post the pics Wed night to show every one what they will miss without dive gear.

As for the rain coat in this area you need a rain coat or a willingness to get wet. Thur looks dry as of the last report I heard so maybe a great weather weekend to go with all the fun.

Keith

Edited by KeithT4U, 28 April 2008 - 06:33 PM.

#88 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,651 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:58 AM

Carol aka Sassi....YEA!!!! You are joining us! I am soooooooooooooooooo thrilled. And you never told me you were a Texan...no wonder I like you just a bit extra! :lmao:

And I want everyone to know that now the BABES outnumber the Hunks working the booth! :birthday:

Ya gotta love it! :wakawaka:

Sassi we'll get you at the airport when you arrive...send me your flight details. I'll have either Scubatooth or KeithT4u pick you up with a SD t-shirt and/or sign in hand. Even though the airport is a straight shot from the convention center...trust me when I say I'd get us lost beyone the show...LOST that is! :birthday:

WOW!!! I just can't believe you can join us. It will be great having you in the booth again. The NJ show rocked because of you! :D

formerly...

#89 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

Awesome another SD babe at the show. That is the greatest.

As for diving, I think I need to get up there with my camera on Wed and take some pics above and below and show how great the PNW diving can be. The water is only as cold as the people you are with so it will be enticingly warm. I will try to post the pics Wed night to show every one what they will miss without dive gear.

As for the rain coat in this area you need a rain coat or a willingness to get wet. Thur looks dry as of the last report I heard so maybe a great weather weekend to go with all the fun.

Keith

Keith -

I'll be picking up the tanks on Wednesday morning. Are you going to be available to dive then, or did you mean Thursday?

#90 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

Sassi we'll get you at the airport when you arrive...send me your flight details. I'll have either Scubatooth or KeithT4u pick you up with a SD t-shirt and/or sign in hand. Even though the airport is a straight shot from the convention center...trust me when I say I'd get us lost beyone the show...LOST that is! :wakawaka:

WOW!!! I just can't believe you can join us. It will be great having you in the booth again. The NJ show rocked because of you! :thankyou:

You know depending on where we got lost too, that might be kind of fun for awhile :respect:

I'll send you the details via PM - not sure if you have my cell phone, but will send that as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users