• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

5/08 NW Dive Show - SingleDivers.com will be there

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

Well the ticket is on hold till the end of the day, and i will purchase it before the hold disappears so i will be there as i need a mini vacation away from dallas even though its a working vacation with the wench :teeth:. The only thing i have to do is make the schedule changes at work to get a friday off. Im not going to be diving so that will leave more time to be at the show and explore.

Then i wonder who the mystery texan is :blink:?

Ah yes our SURPRISE Texan....

Thank you Tooth for helping to build the local NW area for us! I am very excited that they have a new REAL consumer dive show in the area and we all will be helping with its success!

So Tooth I have you on for helping Friday as needed, Saturday and Sunday with me and Keith and as much of Greg as we can steal! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

So a party lots of work and meet afew new friends but no diving? Wellllllll OK, maybe some local will take pity on a dry diver and take me out. I understand there is an underwater dive park in the general area but not sure exactly where, but it is shore divable so maybe we can squeeze that in. Any way I will be there with a smile and a strong back.

Keith

Yes Greg is absolutely right...and since you have time...we may still yet get a local to go diving with you! Hopefully one that can take off a work day.... :blink: As I now have dibs on you for the long weekend! :teeth:

I have Wednesdays and Thursdays off.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#48 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:36 PM

So Tooth I have you on for helping Friday as needed, Saturday and Sunday with me and Keith and as much of Greg as we can steal! :evilgrin:

I'll be dividing my time between the SD booth and our dive club's booth. When I get tired of listening to Randy's yarns/bad puns, I'll come down to yours.

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#49 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:04 PM

So a party lots of work and meet afew new friends but no diving? Wellllllll OK, maybe some local will take pity on a dry diver and take me out. I understand there is an underwater dive park in the general area but not sure exactly where, but it is shore divable so maybe we can squeeze that in. Any way I will be there with a smile and a strong back.

Keith

Yes Greg is absolutely right...and since you have time...we may still yet get a local to go diving with you! Hopefully one that can take off a work day.... :cool1: As I now have dibs on you for the long weekend! :evilgrin:

I have Wednesdays and Thursdays off.

SUHWEET!!!

And of course I totally forgot that you can dive in the treasure hunt on Sat morning looking for golf balls and hopefully the fins of your dive buddy...

or you can stay dry on Saturday and do some REAL diving with Greg on Wed or Thursday! :pray:

And knowing this NOW...we may plan for next year to arrive to do some shore diving on Thursday...Greg is a great diver and knows the local area well. Plus I've never done a shore dive before...just need one with an easy entry! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#50 kcdiving

kcdiving

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Con
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:43 PM

Okay, I'm in for helping Friday late afternoon, evening. I'm already working at the Treasure Hunt on Sat doing set up and checking divers in and out for the Treasure Hunt as my shop helps organize this event. I'm open to helping at the SD booth on Sunday at the convention center. I'm available to take people diving Thurs afternoon/early evening. I have to put in some time with work so they think I'm working all day :evilgrin:
Keep me posted on the schedule and what is needed and I will fill in where I can. Welcome to the NW!! The diving is fantastic up here!! I've been diving up here since 1995 and love it!!!
Kimberly

#51 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:10 PM

And knowing this NOW...we may plan for next year to arrive to do some shore diving on Thursday...Greg is a great diver and knows the local area well. Plus I've never done a shore dive before...just need one with an easy entry! :evilgrin:

Most of them are easy entry, just put your gear on and walk to the water. Of course, some sites have a shorter walk than others, but they're all fairly easy, none of this repelling over rocks stuff or hiking 100 yards to the entry point. (Yes, there are a couple sites like that. I've done them once, and only once).

I'll see if I can still get Friday off too. Not sure why I didn't ask for that day too.

#52 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:39 PM

Thursday afternoon would be a great time to do some shore diving but I might not know my arrival time to the area more than a day or 2 in advance. Shore diving is lots of fun and sometimes you get to use that straw that always wacks you in the head on other dives. :evilgrin: Let me know about all the arrangements and I will do my best to accomidate every one.

Keith
If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#53 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

OK registered for the treasure hunt. Any one else doing that? Says I need a dive buddy. Any volunteers? Let me know.

Keith
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#54 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:28 PM

OK registered for the treasure hunt. Any one else doing that? Says I need a dive buddy. Any volunteers? Let me know.

Keith

Cool! I'll leave the Sat morning option open for you so you won't be scheduled to help the show during that time!

So I have you helping Thursday (unless you go diving Thursday afternoon) and Sat afternoon and Sunday! :birthday:

formerly...

#55 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:41 PM

And on Friday as needed. Also looked into hotels, the ones on the shows website the Best Western is the cheapest, About $375 for 3 nights, I will be reserving a 2 bed room tonight, unless my roommate is cute of the oppisite sex and blind, then I will reserve a 1 bed room and play stupid (easy for me to do). See you at the show.

Keith

#56 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

Thursday afternoon would be a great time to do some shore diving but I might not know my arrival time to the area more than a day or 2 in advance. Shore diving is lots of fun and sometimes you get to use that straw that always wacks you in the head on other dives. :birthday: Let me know about all the arrangements and I will do my best to accomidate every one.

Keith

A day or 2 notice? No problemo! Many sites can be done on an hour or two notice.

Cool! I'll leave the Sat morning option open for you so you won't be scheduled to help the show during that time!

So I have you helping Thursday (unless you go diving Thursday afternoon) and Sat afternoon and Sunday! :birthday:

He's going diving Thursday, right Keith? Anybody else? When are the rest of you available to dive?

P.S. I have Friday off now too.

Edited by Brinybay, 19 April 2008 - 01:48 PM.

#57 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:55 PM

Okay, I'm in for helping Friday late afternoon, evening. I'm already working at the Treasure Hunt on Sat doing set up and checking divers in and out for the Treasure Hunt as my shop helps organize this event. I'm open to helping at the SD booth on Sunday at the convention center. I'm available to take people diving Thurs afternoon/early evening. I have to put in some time with work so they think I'm working all day :birthday:
Keep me posted on the schedule and what is needed and I will fill in where I can. Welcome to the NW!! The diving is fantastic up here!! I've been diving up here since 1995 and love it!!!

Hey girl! I am THRILLED you will be at the show and will help with the show/booth on Sunday! Since you are my only other gal volunteer so far...most likely I'll have you in the booth! :birthday: Of course it doesn't hurt that you are gorgeous AND a very proficient PNW diver! :birthday:

And thanks for offering to dive with Keith...these are all good ideas for this year and future shows so we can get some diving in!!! :birthday:

formerly...

#58 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

Hey girl! ... you are my only other gal volunteer so far...

Well dammit, I was hoping the surprise Texan would be an SD babe. :birthday:

#59 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:58 PM

Is there time to squeeze in an HH, or do we just want to do the vendor party on Friday?

#60 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:57 PM

Ok Diving sounds great, just some information. I have never done a night dive though I have a tank light and a primary light. I am not the most comfortable diver in the water but have lots(10-15) shore dives of the 25 or so I have in my book. I have also done some current though massive current is probably bad idea. :thankyou: Surface swims are something I try to avoid but I have some unorthodox methods to make them bearable. So Thursday evening and/or Friday morning look good. I have gone on the dive shows web site and it looks like on Friday is setup from 1200-1800 with the vendor party after. On Sat there is a diver party in the evening that may or may not take the place of a HH. Just info that might be needed.

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users