• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Reports from "Down Under"...the good the better and the bikini!

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#76 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,608 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:42 AM

Karl a number of the divers DID bring their own gear however due to our total limit of 44 pounds per person many did not at the suggestion of the boat to rent theirs. In this case we exhausted their rental supply. However I have made appropriate comments accordingly to corporate. Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#77 Wildcard

Wildcard

Meeting folks

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:What's a log?

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:53 PM

If ANYONE should be complaining about the hotel it should be me! I had to share a bed, my roommate snored and he kept trying to spoon! :D
If anyone is going back to Cairns, I found an awsome hostel that is more hotel than hostel. $17 bunks and $45 for a twin room.
I'll upload pics next week when I get home.

#78 Wildcard

Wildcard

Meeting folks

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:56 PM

PS, I had to dive a med BC all week and I wear a large. Also there provided dive lights sucked! I will ALLWAYS bring my own gear from now on, extra charge or not.
How is it that they ran out of rental gear? Why is it not kept on the boat? That just makes no sense.

#79 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,608 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:23 PM

PS, I had to dive a med BC all week and I wear a large. Also there provided dive lights sucked! I will ALLWAYS bring my own gear from now on, extra charge or not.
How is it that they ran out of rental gear? Why is it not kept on the boat? That just makes no sense.

The boat usually holds 14 people but if you max out the quads you can go to 18. I think they were short approx 4 bc's. Also many of their clients are from the local market and so have their own gear. However as I said, if you strongly suggest that people use your gear and you advertise one brand then its important to have that brand and plenty of it. This has been fed back to the boat with several suggestions for remedying it the next time they have a large group of Americans.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#80 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,608 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:26 PM

If ANYONE should be complaining about the hotel it should be me! I had to share a bed, my roommate snored and he kept trying to spoon! :lmao:

Hee! Hee! You..er I mean "mine" snored too...well only the last night! The others ones did not! :D

I'll upload pics next week when I get home.

Awesome! After retrieving your camera from oblivian...or what we thought was oblivian...actually it was on the floor of the bus...its about time you posted some pics! :D

formerly...

#81 Wildcard

Wildcard

Meeting folks

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

I don't know how to break this to you sweetheart but you do NOT have little girllie snores as advertised :D

#82 Wildcard

Wildcard

Meeting folks

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 04:12 PM

Some pics and videos from the tagalong Andrew.
http://s213.photobuc...cc208/andrzejk/

Edited by Wildcard, 22 December 2007 - 04:13 PM.

#83 aussie_friend

aussie_friend

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:26 PM

Hello all,
It was great to meet you all and i hope we can stay in touch. A few changes occuring in my life at the moment, I am moving to Darwin NT, so my servers are down at the moment but i stall want to do the pic exchange. I just got your e-mail addys today so i will let you all know when. I am due to be in Darwin on the 15th but it will take me a bit to get the servers back up. Andrew and I talk on a regular basis but Brian you just kinda dropped off the face of the planet....Get in touch. Thanks for a great time on the boat everyone.
bye for now.....gotta pack.
Jodi :D

#84 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,608 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:46 PM

Hello all,
It was great to meet you all and i hope we can stay in touch. A few changes occuring in my life at the moment, I am moving to Darwin NT, so my servers are down at the moment but i stall want to do the pic exchange. I just got your e-mail addys today so i will let you all know when. I am due to be in Darwin on the 15th but it will take me a bit to get the servers back up. Andrew and I talk on a regular basis but Brian you just kinda dropped off the face of the planet....Get in touch. Thanks for a great time on the boat everyone.
Jodi :lmao:

Hey girl...I've been packing too! Good luck in your move and thanks for the offer to share pics via your server! We'll touch base on some Aussie ideas once you are moved and settled in. And dont' forget to keep in touch via the site! :D

formerly...

#85 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:28 PM

I have attached some pictures to a couple of the emails circulating and have copied Simon on them as well to upload. I have tried to upload them myself on several occasions but each time I do, I get a white screen that says done on the bottom but alas nothing is uploaded. If anyone has any tips please let me know and i'll try again.

Happy New Year Everyone and hope to talk to you soon :lmao:

Susie

Sorry guess the link didn't work after all. Apparently my computer did save the password even with the windows all closed. :D

Edited by dolphin lover, 30 December 2007 - 12:30 PM.

#86 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:25 PM

Hello all,
Jodi :dazzler:

Give us a hoi when (if) you get down to W.A. - I'm happy to do a dive with you. :dazzler:
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#87 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:45 AM

I have attached some pictures to a couple of the emails circulating and have copied Simon on them as well to upload. I have tried to upload them myself on several occasions but each time I do, I get a white screen that says done on the bottom but alas nothing is uploaded. If anyone has any tips please let me know and i'll try again.

Happy New Year Everyone and hope to talk to you soon :dazzler:

P.S. I have my pictures on Walgreens and have pasted the link here although i'm not sure it will work. :dazzler:

Susie

http://photo.walgree...307/t_=14191307

What do you know, it works!!!!! :D

I don't think it works without your login, And I will upload the pix you emailed when I get back to Denver this weekend if they haven't been done prior to that (with the caveats that WW requested).

#88 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:08 PM

Happy New Year Everyone and hope to talk to you soon :wavey:

P.S. I have my pictures on Walgreens and have pasted the link here although i'm not sure it will work. :thankyou:

Susie

What do you know, it works!!!!! :thankyou:

I have also tried several times to upload to the gallery with exactly the same results....
Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#89 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

Happy New Year Everyone and hope to talk to you soon :wavey:

P.S. I have my pictures on Walgreens and have pasted the link here although i'm not sure it will work. :thankyou:

Susie

What do you know, it works!!!!! :thankyou:

Well Walgreens won't let me in to see your pics even after I registered. Guess I need more info?
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#90 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:41 PM

I've uploaded the pix that Susie emailed to the gallery, less the bikini shots that WW requested not be uploaded. IF anyone else wants to send me pix I can upload those as well. Please add comments, my fish id skills and knowledge of the photos is limited.

Edited by georoc01, 29 December 2007 - 04:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users