• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Happy Hour in West Palm Beach Tiki Bar @ Riviera Marina

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#91 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:41 PM

Hey all! We are going to call the Platypus man and his HH gang on Saturday from the Tiki Bar! I think we should call around 8 to 9 pm due to the 2 hour time lag and they may need a little time to get "warmed up" ! Does Anyone have any bumper stickers to place at our various dive locations to alert newcommers to our presence?

Actually we are only 1 hour behind you!!! I was going to call Susie so we could share the experinece! :thankyou: Either way is great! I'm thrilled that we have 2 HH's going on at the same time! One day we could even 'rule the world'...er...wait wrong flick! :birthday:

I hope you all got the care pkg I sent Susie aka Dolphin Lover...it has goodies in it for the HH and some shirts, etc.

I can't wait for tonight! kamala

I'm afraid as of the mail today, it has not arrived :birthday: I even left my postman a note that I was expecting it so that he would leave the package instead of a card for pick up just in case that's what they do. We are already working on ideas for the next happy hour so I will just keep a hold of them until then once they arrive. :birthday:

I have turned the ringer on my phone all the way up, talk at ya soon :dance:

#92 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

:thankyou: Just got in from the WPB HH and it was awesome! We had a great turnout including a few folks that saw our flyers at the LDS. The pre-HH diving today was a bit bumpy, but I had fun seeing everyone out there. It was nice to hear the voices of the Dallas HH going on at the same time!! Thanks Kamala!! SD rocks. We were able to get great deals on drinks and goodies from the kitchen thanks to dolphin lover and a_fl_mermaid. They really put their heart into it and it showed. We had a baseball hat drawing for tons of stuff including at least 4 trips on two local charter boats and some T-shirts. The gals even had our name tags made up and flyers regarding upcoming SD trips to pass out. We did some brainstorming regarding plans for the NEXT HH and DOM, too. The geographic area covered tonight included divers from nearly 300 miles apart! I am sure that there will be more posts so I'll stop here. Thank you SD for an awesome day! Zach
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#93 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:35 PM

:dance: Just got in from the WPB HH and it was awesome! We had a great turnout including a few folks that saw our flyers at the LDS. The pre-HH diving today was a bit bumpy, but I had fun seeing everyone out there. It was nice to hear the voices of the Dallas HH going on at the same time!! Thanks Kamala!! SD rocks. We were able to get great deals on drinks and goodies from the kitchen thanks to dolphin lover and a_fl_mermaid. They really put their heart into it and it showed. We had a baseball hat drawing for tons of stuff including at least 4 trips on two local charter boats and some T-shirts. The gals even had our name tags made up and flyers regarding upcoming SD trips to pass out. We did some brainstorming regarding plans for the NEXT HH and DOM, too. The geographic area covered tonight included divers from nearly 300 miles apart! I am sure that there will be more posts so I'll stop here. Thank you SD for an awesome day! Zach

:birthday: Why thank you Zach :dance: and thank you to everyone who came out as several of you traveled quite a distance :thankyou: We did have a wonderful turn out including our current SD members along with their guests, two that came from the LDS, and 6 that came from area charters thanks to several members word of mouth. The Tiki Bar was very accomodating (even gave us wrist bands :birthday: ) and provided us with 2 for 1 drinks and half price appetizers. :birthday: Tonights manager has extended us an offer to return anytime with even the option of doing an appetizer buffet as a special if we so desire.

Congratulations to FortWorth diver who we learned on our Happy Hour conference call proposed to his girlfriend at the simulcast Happy Hour in Texas and is now engaged :dance: CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!

Susie

#94 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:01 PM

Re: West Palm Beach 'happy hour'

I was there
You did see me
You can prove it.
I won a t-shirt.
Even ran into one of my former dive instructors there !

Nice meeting lots of southeast Florida divers.

Longest drive is a close call between someone from Miami and one from Merrit Island.

#95 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

It was great to see everyone.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#96 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,725 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:08 AM

Hey everyone....this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo coool! The Texas group is still making fun of me but I'm so excited that everything went so well! They are forcing wine down my throat. but I like it so I'm tolerating it from my best friend in the whole wide wide world. And then she made me to post on the Florida thread what we did in Texas. She said don't forget the oysters since we have to have them for our newey engaged diver!

I am sure you all are worried about what happened in Texas but trust me...we had a blast!!! :thankyou:

We are so excited that everyone was having a great time and we had a wonderful engagement ! Oh yeah....the rest of the Happy Hour was pretty cool! :birthday:

It was a great time in Texas!!! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#97 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:38 AM

First of all, Thanks to everyone who showed up and made our First HH a great success!

Thanks to the dive shops for the trips and t-shirts, and to The Tiki Bar for extending us the hospitality and invite to return! I think one of the GM's may even join our group! We had a blast and it was good to meet everyone in person!

We are already making plans for our next local HH, and I hope that we can start doing them up and down the coast!

#98 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:09 AM

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
Three cheers to Holly aka a fl mermaid & Susie aka dolphin lover for putting together a delightful evening.
It was great to finally meet many of the SD'ers whose posts I've read. All were extremely outgoing, interesting & funny. Learning from other peoples experiences helps make us better divers & helps us gain knowledge of local dive ops.
:cool1: Zach aka divzac You & the crew rock (which is especially appropriate for yesterdays afternoon dives -if you catch my drift!) But really you run a great boat & as Arnold said "I'll be back"

Again thanks :thankyou: to all for a wonderful evening

#99 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:02 PM

Tiki HH was great!

Those of us that knew each other had time to catch up.... We had some new folks that found their way to the HH. That was great! They fit right in - But, how can they not.... they're divers! We had a great turn-out. Even got a phone call from Scubaski (Stan) from MA to say hello to everyone. Hope you'll be able to attend the next one Stan! :cheerleader:

Thanks to the restaurant & dive ops that donated the great prizes. Big thanks go out to dolphin lover and a_fl_mermaid for all making it all happen.

Can't wait to hear more details on the next one. The plans that are in the works sound great.
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#100 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:19 PM

Thank you Holly & Susie, for all your work on this Happy Hour! I wish I could have been there. It's great to see that someone finally got something going over there in FL with all the divers in that state! Please post some pics when you get a chance. It's the next best thing to being there. :cheerleader:

#101 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:02 PM

Kudos to Holly and Susie, well done. I enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to the next HH.

#102 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:30 PM

Great job Holly & Susie! The HH was a complete success. It was nice to put faces to names.

Here are a few WPB HH Pictures.

Al
If you're bored diving, then you quit learning...

#103 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,725 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:04 PM

Hey would you all make a list of who won what? That will also enable me to send thank you's to the people that donated such great prizes for our fun! I'd also like to send a thank you to Diver's Direct and the other LDS's that let you all put fliers out! :cool1:

And finally I'd like to personally thank everyone for coming...Fingrabber and some of the gang took me to dinner before our Happy Hour and they said the look on my face was priceless when all 20-24 people yelled "Hello" into the phone! :cheerleader:

It was one of the best feelings I've ever had! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :thankyou:

I'm expecially appreciative of the countless hours of hard work from one of the greatest group of people I've had the pleasure to meet and some I'm hoping to meet soon! A_FL_Mermaid got it all going by asking the right questions and offering to help! Dolphin Lover jumped right in and started to make magic happen! And DivZac and everyone else who did countless unseen things to make this event a HUGE SUCCESS!!!

:cool1: :dance: :dance: :dance: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#104 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:15 PM

Great job Holly & Susie! The HH was a complete success. It was nice to put faces to names.

Here are a few WPB HH Pictures.

Al

:cheerleader: Thanks Al! :cheerleader:
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#105 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:13 PM

Thank you all for the praise :cheerleader: i'm glad you all had a good time. :cheerleader:

I actually figured out how to resize my pics to be able to post them :cheerleader: and will do so soon. I have asked that WW create a Florida HH folder that we can put all our pictures in from this and future HHs.

Look forward to seeing you all again soon and even more of you that weren't able to attend this one. There will be plenty more to come so No Worries :thankyou:

Susie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users