• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Bahamas New Year's Eve Island Dream Trip Report!

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

And thanks to Beth aka Bubbles again....

I know you entitled this one....

Tom helping Squidly with his wetsuit....but

Posted Image

I'm thinking Squidly is enjoying that way too much for a simple zip! :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for the shots Don! Heard you all saw a great big ray and you got pictures of it...hope its in your slideshow! :cool1:

Uh, sorta'. :banghead: Was having foggy lens problems - shooting too fast I guess as I learned from my mistakes, but I got one or two of it. Except, you can't really tell how large it is? He was wedged between some coral or I would have dropped my dive light by him for comparison. He was one of the largest Southern Stingrays I'd ever seen, tho - on Shark Reef.

I did get the 12 min Tartan Dive Video loaded on myspace :cheerleader: - see it here: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=25645279

Or one could even download a 91 mb copy no later than Jan 20 here: http://download.yousendit.com/633CE8164D16A180
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#48 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:42 PM

Kilt diving is rather fun... :cheerleader: It stays in place remarkably well although Frog kicks are out for obvious reasons. hahaha

Cheers Don. Thanks for posting that.
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#49 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

Kilt diving is rather fun... :banghead: It stays in place remarkably well although Frog kicks are out for obvious reasons. hahaha

Cheers Don. Thanks for posting that.

It was a funny sight from the rear, as you can see. I had fun working the bagpipe music in at the right point on the video with my basic WMM skills. The quality could have been much better if Larry had shot it with his superior camera and skills, but did what I could. :cheerleader:
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#50 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:58 PM

And Joseph "Butch" aka Cajun Diver....thanks for these shots too!

Posted Image
(I know Larry will love this one! But what was he videotaping???)

Why he was videoing squid with me trying to keep up :cheerleader:

Looks like I uploaded the wrong turtle pic - I'll see if I can replace it with the better shot I had before the camera fogged...

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#51 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

Wow!! That just about sums it up for my first SD trip! :cheerleader: This was an amazing group of people to spend a week with, whether we were diving or docked due to the weather. Beth was a fantastic roomie and Bug was a fabulous :cool1: buddy. I was so impressed that everyone meshed so well together to make the trip so great despite the unforseen circumstances. I'm ready for the next Single Divers trip!!! :banghead: This was my first experience with a live-aboard so it has taken a bit, but I think I have finally recovered from feeling like my world is still gently rocking with the waves.....however I'm not sure how long it will take me to recover from the antics of the dog, moose and hammerhead courtesy of Simon and our hostess Leah! :wakawaka: I fear that I will have nightmares for a while!!! :wakawaka:

Oh...and great photos everyone! Thank you so much for sharing them with me on the trip and here on the site!

Edited by scubagoddess, 07 January 2008 - 08:03 PM.

There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#52 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

Wow!! That just about sums it up for my first SD trip! :cheerleader: This was an amazing group of people to spend a week with, whether we were diving or docked due to the weather. Beth was a fantastic roomie and Bug was a fabulous :cool1: buddy. I was so impressed that everyone meshed so well together to make the trip so great despite the unforseen circumstances. I'm ready for the next Single Divers trip!!! :banghead: This was my first experience with a live-aboard so it has taken a bit, but I think I have finally recovered from feeling like my world is still gently rocking with the waves.....however I'm not sure how long it will take me to recover from the antics of the dog, moose and hammerhead courtesy of Simon and our hostess Leah! :wakawaka: I fear that I will have nightmares for a while!!! :hiya:

Oh...and great photos everyone! Thank you so much for sharing them with me on the trip and here on the site!

Lest we forget the "Goddess" in her Dinghy!!! Can't wait to see those pics! :wakawaka:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#53 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

Lest we forget the "Goddess" in her Dinghy!!! Can't wait to see those pics! :cheerleader:

HeHeHe... I think Bug is the keeper of those photos! And no money has been exchanged to keep them off the site! :banghead:
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#54 EddyTheEagle

EddyTheEagle

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox, AOW, Photo
  • Logged Dives:187

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:15 PM

Lest we forget the "Goddess" in her Dinghy!!! Can't wait to see those pics! :twist:

HeHeHe... I think Bug is the keeper of those photos! And no money has been exchanged to keep them off the site! :dance:

Eeehhhem ... no money exchanged?? I see the American and Bahamian kind ... :dance:

money.jpg

Eddy.
Eddy (aka EddyTheEagle)

#55 H20 Bug

H20 Bug

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveControlSpecial Cert
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:32 PM

Lest we forget the "Goddess" in her Dinghy!!! Can't wait to see those pics! :dance:

HeHeHe... I think Bug is the keeper of those photos! And no money has been exchanged to keep them off the site! :dance:

Eeehhhem ... no money exchanged?? I see the American and Bahamian kind ... :D

money.jpg

Eddy.

Really hate to do this to my great :twist: buddy, but since the money wasn't exchanged with me, I gotta share :D

Definitely a different trip, but fun in spite of all the unforeseen issues. Nice group of fellow divers, a wonderful roommate and a great crew - and don't forget that Captain Paul got us to the fireworks for New Year's Eve :birthday:

Looking forward to seeing everyone on a future trip.

ScubaGoddess_coming_in.JPG ScubaGoddes_afloat.JPG
Any time spent in, on, around or underwater adds days to your life.

#56 EddyTheEagle

EddyTheEagle

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:51 PM

Here's a video of the octopus we saw on our only night dive:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...k1TxAqEU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Eddy.
Eddy (aka EddyTheEagle)

#57 EddyTheEagle

EddyTheEagle

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:07 PM

Oops ... hit this link:

Eddy.

Here's a video of the octopus we saw on our only night dive:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...k1TxAqEU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Eddy.

Edited by EddyTheEagle, 08 January 2008 - 08:33 AM.

Eddy (aka EddyTheEagle)

#58 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

I posted some pix, mostly "mug shots!" Thanks to everyone for the underwater shots and video! Yeah!!!!

#59 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:14 PM

Lest we forget the "Goddess" in her Dinghy!!! Can't wait to see those pics! :cool1:

HeHeHe... I think Bug is the keeper of those photos! And no money has been exchanged to keep them off the site! :welcome:

Eeehhhem ... no money exchanged?? I see the American and Bahamian kind ... ;)

money.jpg

Eddy.

Really hate to do this to my great :) buddy, but since the money wasn't exchanged with me, I gotta share :P

Definitely a different trip, but fun in spite of all the unforeseen issues. Nice group of fellow divers, a wonderful roommate and a great crew - and don't forget that Captain Paul got us to the fireworks for New Year's Eve :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone on a future trip.

ScubaGoddess_coming_in.JPG ScubaGoddes_afloat.JPG

Yep and since no money was exchanged to keep these off the site...afterall she DID volunteer to sleep in the dingy to go...I'm glad that they got posted!

Well done! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#60 Illini_Fan

Illini_Fan

Getting started

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:40 PM

And thanks to Beth aka Bubbles again....

I know you entitled this one....

Tom helping Squidly with his wetsuit....but

Posted Image

I'm thinking Squidly is enjoying that way too much for a simple zip! :welcome:

Squid is smiling and I'm grimacing too much -- someone would think it was me, not Simon, that was rooming with the much sought after Squid
Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users