• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Oct 4(6) - 17th...Bali & Wakatobi "Amazing Dream" Trip!

• Please log in to reply
1014 replies to this topic

#91 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:21 PM

Congrats Paul and Victoria....the resort DOES have 1 extra premium select bungalow and its now mine which means its now YOURS!!!! :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#92 ScubaDawg

ScubaDawg

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:33 AM

Just faxed survey and flight info so you should have everything now...Flights are same as Rosa (divegirl412) on Singapore out of LAX on Oct 4th returning Oct 17th so dont need any additional hotel nights. Fyi for those going out of LAX on Singapore who face getting into Singapore at 1:15 am and not leaving for Bali until 9:30 am there is an intransit hotel right in the airport that has rooms for 6 hr blocks for very reasonable with shower etc. Im going to reserve one coming and going, a nap and a shower will come in hands during that layover! Karen

Please resend your survey through email to trips@singledivers.com. I do not have access to Kamala's fax machine, and she does not process the surveys.

Thank you

Sandy, for whatever reason forms dont let me type info right on them and email, have to print and fax them, or I will have to US Mail them, I sent the waiver by fax yesterday and that was received.

What I've done in the past is to copy the entire document to my clipboard and then open a blank word document.
Then paste the clipboard into Word and enter my info there.
Then email the Word Document.

thanks, I tried that this am, still no luck, got it on to word but couldnt get it to email, can you tell Im tech challenged? lol I will us mail today, bye

#93 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:57 AM

Just e-mailed Docs

Please note arrival date - I will be Arriving Bali on Oct. 4, 10:25pm, JAL flt#729 - award booking apparently doesn't allow me to travel over the weekend.

I would greatly appreciate if you could arrange additional nights [Oct. 4 & 5] lodging at Padang Bai Beach Resort. If anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation, I wouldn't mind sharing a room. Also, will the resort be able to provide transport from the airport, due to the late arrival time???

:D

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#94 shawnabbott

shawnabbott

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:57 AM

did you make the word doc. an attachment to an email? that's the way to do it...

#95 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:59 AM

Just faxed survey and flight info so you should have everything now...Flights are same as Rosa (divegirl412) on Singapore out of LAX on Oct 4th returning Oct 17th so dont need any additional hotel nights. Fyi for those going out of LAX on Singapore who face getting into Singapore at 1:15 am and not leaving for Bali until 9:30 am there is an intransit hotel right in the airport that has rooms for 6 hr blocks for very reasonable with shower etc. Im going to reserve one coming and going, a nap and a shower will come in hands during that layover! Karen

Please resend your survey through email to trips@singledivers.com. I do not have access to Kamala's fax machine, and she does not process the surveys.

Thank you

Sandy, for whatever reason forms dont let me type info right on them and email, have to print and fax them, or I will have to US Mail them, I sent the waiver by fax yesterday and that was received.

What I've done in the past is to copy the entire document to my clipboard and then open a blank word document.
Then paste the clipboard into Word and enter my info there.
Then email the Word Document.

thanks, I tried that this am, still no luck, got it on to word but couldnt get it to email, can you tell Im tech challenged? lol I will us mail today, bye

Once you get it to word save it as SD Survey Template. Then open it again and fill it out and save it as karen-scubadawg survey wakatobi 2008 or something like that. Now open your email client and type a simple email to trips@singledivers.com then click on insert icon (paperclip if using outlook) and it will give you a browse window or allow you to click on the folder that has the file in it that you saved. Click on it and it will insert it in your email. Then send.

It's really important that we try to get everyone to do it this way as our helpers are NOT in dallas and we need a central location for everything to come into. Thank you for trying one more time...kamala :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#96 shawnabbott

shawnabbott

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:00 AM

Very Important Trip Update:

1. I want to thank everyone for helping to resolve issues with me. It makes all the work worth it when everyone is so flexible! :D
2. I am working as fast as I can to get your questions answered and updates to you. I have repair people at my home and painters so I'm only able to be at the computer intermittantly. Thank you for bearing with me.
3. Now it appears we only have 1 spot left on this trip. So I want EVERYONE to take a deep breath and evaluate if they REALLY want to be on the trip. Having said that everyone gets (1) Get out of this Trip FREE card that is valid until Feb 17th midnight. Its been crazy with people trying to get signed up and worrying about not getting a spot so I want EVERYONE to take a deep breath and decide if you still want to be on this trip. If you opt out now I'll fully refund your $1000 deposit including fees if paid via paypal. (I simply cancel the payment and it reverses the payment and the fees.)

Why would I do this? First to ensure that no one has buyer's remorse. Second to ensure that you have fully read the trip posting and know what you've gotten into and third because there will be no refund of your deposit if you cancel after Feb 17th. (The first post stipulates this is a non-refundable deposit and since you all must have trip insurance for this trip if you must cancel you will need to file it under your trip insurance so purchasing it sooner vs later is necessary to allow you proper coverage.)

So....

I want my spot what do I do?

If you want your spot there is no need to do anything other than get your payments in on time, don't forget to add the 3% when making payments via credit card or paypal and get your docs into us as quickly as you can. If you don't have your flights then send those to us later. If your insurance expires in a few months...send us the current info when you renew it. But get your docs inhouse in the next few days.

I don't want my spot and I want to cancel...what do I do?

If you want to cancel simply post in the thread you want out our send me an email to kamala@singledivers.com and I will cancel you from the trip. Its as simple as that.

What happens after Feb 17th?

After Feb 17th, if you need to cancel for any reason, you will need to file with your trip insurance to cover your loss. Trip insurance is required by the resort so please obtain it sooner vs later once you have your flights OR insure the trip part now and the flight later.

If you have any questions please let me know. Thank you, kamala

Grace period is nice, however, you haven't posted air options...and can't get full insurance coverage without air rolled in...will that be provided before this day, the 17th, is out?

#97 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:03 AM

Just e-mailed Docs

Please note arrival date - I will be Arriving Bali on Oct. 4, 10:25pm, JAL flt#729 - award booking apparently doesn't allow me to travel over the weekend.

I would greatly appreciate if you could arrange additional nights [Oct. 4 & 5] lodging at Padang Bai Beach Resort. If anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation, I wouldn't mind sharing a room. Also, will the resort be able to provide transport from the airport, due to the late arrival time???

:D

Bill

Roger that! We can certainly help with add'l rooming or add'l trips before or after the Wakatobi trip...so far we are booking 2 people on the Komoda Dancer before our week and 1 person on the Pelagian after our trip.

Scubapunk/Cat fish will keep track of who needs extra rooms and when IF YOU POST THEM IN THE THREAD. We can keep up with the thread but not private emails and pms as well so please help us to help you. Thank you! kamala

formerly...

#98 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:09 AM

Grace period is nice, however, you haven't posted air options...and can't get full insurance coverage without air rolled in...will that be provided before this day, the 17th, is out?

Since most people have booked their own air already I will not be able to qualify for a standard 10 person contract so I am looking for deals on air for myself since I do not have miles and I will share that with anyone who is interested. I have several consolidators working on air for me. Usually I get a small discount being a travel wholesaler so I pass those on.

You can insure your trip twice...once as the trip and the second as the airfare.

If you are not sure you can get air...or do not want to pay the current retail I've seen of $1000 to $1400 please consider bailing out now.

Without 10 people I can not get a contract for air but as I said I am working on any deals I can find and I will share those with the group.

Great question Shawn. Thank you! kamala

formerly...

#99 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:10 AM

Karen, call me. I can talk you through this LOL. :D

#100 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:20 AM

I have obtained a confirmed booking for a new resort in Raja Ampat, following our Wakatobi dive experience, for the period Oct. 19-30. Please go to the below listed website for additional details regarding the resort.

http://www.misooleco...m/aboutMER.html

If anyone would like more information or join me for this add on, please PM me. The resort has provided me with 3 promotional DVD's, which I would be happy to share with you.

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#101 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:42 AM

I have obtained a confirmed booking for a new resort in Raja Ampat, following our Wakatobi dive experience, for the period Oct. 19-30. Please go to the below listed website for additional details regarding the resort.

http://www.misooleco...m/aboutMER.html

If anyone would like more information or join me for this add on, please PM me. The resort has provided me with 3 promotional DVD's, which I would be happy to share with you.

Bill

And Bill has put me in contact with the resort so we are happy to help you book with him as well! -ww

formerly...

#102 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:52 AM

Important Trip Updates:

Additional Nights:

If you need add'l nights PLEASE post them here in the trread so that we can capture them. We'll summarize your needs in the first post so that you know we have it correct! This also lets others know who is doing what so they can plan better!

Additional Trips around ours:

If you want to do additional trips with other members let us know. We have currently booked people to do trips both before and after our Wakatobi trip. We'd be happy to book you as well!

Airfare Pkg vs Discounts etc:

I've had more questions about airfare....I am still working on getting some airfare deals...however my work on some of the air contracts I was doing is no longer valid as many of your have made your own arrangements. Since I do not have miles and I still need to buy a ticket...I will be happy to help ANYONE I can with airfare. However if you feel that the air is too much of a liability for you or too risky, please consider dropping out of the trip now as I can not guarantee an air contract.

Insurance Questions:

Many are worried they can not get insurance without their air. You can insure your trip, your trip and your air or just your air. Therefore as you buy each component...please get an insurance policy for that part. Or you can wait until you have your air worked out and get a combo policy then. I am not mandating that you get your insurance by the 17th...however you will need to have your insurance purchased by the time you finish paying for the trip.

formerly...

#103 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:53 AM

Congrats Paul and Victoria....the resort DOES have 1 extra premium select bungalow and its now mine which means its now YOURS!!!! :D

And it appears that the resort has another villa if anyone is interested in that?

formerly...

#104 ScubaDawg

ScubaDawg

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:14 AM

ok, success at last on emailing survey, or at least I hope it was successful! Also would like to add my interest in doing some sightseeing in Bali. The monkey house tour and possibly ubud? Would even give up any afternoon dive to get both in. Thanks Karen

#105 shawnabbott

shawnabbott

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:26 AM

ok, success at last on emailing survey, or at least I hope it was successful! Also would like to add my interest in doing some sightseeing in Bali. The monkey house tour and possibly ubud? Would even give up any afternoon dive to get both in. Thanks Karen

Monkey forest is unique, and I would also like time for shopping...may also pass on some bali dives to accomodate this....

We did a one day long tour that included balinese dance show, phenomenal wood carving place, handmade batik shop (whereby they painted a small design on each person's clothing for free), and a jewelry place where we got to see how they make balinese jewelry (such tiny beading!), monkey forest...and with a local lunch too. There was shopping around our hotel as well... would like to know the hotel and area we are staying at in Bali? :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users