• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Limited Access...for wreckwench

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:00 AM

Had a water main break in my yard and I've had some serious flooding occur. I am in the process of trying to fix the problem to restore water and then fix the damage.

I will have limited access to the board until this is resolved. Thank you, Kamala

p.s. if it is an emergency you can call me at 214-350-7003 and I will try to call you back if you don't reach me or my voicemail is full. (Your number shows up on my machine so as long as you have a visible number I will be able to call you back.)

You can also leave a pm for me as it is easier to check pm's than emails. :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:17 AM

Oh wow....not fun. I hope you get everything under control and back to normal soon. Hang in there!!!
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#3 DivinDave

DivinDave

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Cert Level:Closed circuit rebreather, full trimix and cave.
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:50 AM

Limited board access... Ooooohh. Kamala... I'm so sorry to here that.!! Have you consulted with a professional before taking such drastic measures? :o

Message-board Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (or MAWS) can cause more issues than a 40,000 gallon water leak. As a professional, I'm sure your already aware, but here are some of the onset symptoms to watch for: You may notice things like sweating, malaise, anxiety, depression, general feeling of heaviness, cramp-like pains in the fingers and joints of the hands, sleep difficulties (insomnia), cold sweats and chills. If you experience any of these.... PLEASE find a wifi... get your hands on a Blackberry or iPhone immediately. You may not even have to post, just the feeling of access may immediately reduce the severity of the symptoms.

To help pacify the need to post, some moderators have found that walking around with a wireless bluetooth mouse in your hand helps. (be sure to switch hands every hour) I have discovered one with a trackball is better. NOTE: if you find your self trying to rightclick on small pets and repairmen around your house, forget the mouse, and go strait to a wireless keyboard!! It's also noteworthy for me to mention that in clinical trials, 3 or 4 strong margarita's in the early afternoon have been shown to help minimize and slow of onset symptoms (as well as everything else)!!! I suggest top-shelf with lost of salt if you have access to it.

No mater what happens, just know that all of us will be talking about you and posting messages in your absence. Although we will largely be unmoderated, I'm certain you will be able to fix anything we do in here... :flower:

:missu:

best of luck!!! :wavey:

David

"I'd rather attempt something great and fail, than attempt nothing and succeed..."

#4 shawnabbott

shawnabbott

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:04 AM

Limited board access... Ooooohh. Kamala... I'm so sorry to here that.!! Have you consulted with a professional before taking such drastic measures? :o

Message-board Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (or MAWS) can cause more issues than a 40,000 gallon water leak. As a professional, I'm sure your already aware, but here are some of the onset symptoms to watch for: You may notice things like sweating, malaise, anxiety, depression, general feeling of heaviness, cramp-like pains in the fingers and joints of the hands, sleep difficulties (insomnia), cold sweats and chills. If you experience any of these.... PLEASE find a wifi... get your hands on a Blackberry or iPhone immediately. You may not even have to post, just the feeling of access may immediately reduce the severity of the symptoms.

To help pacify the need to post, some moderators have found that walking around with a wireless bluetooth mouse in your hand helps. (be sure to switch hands every hour) I have discovered one with a trackball is better. NOTE: if you find your self trying to rightclick on small pets and repairmen around your house, forget the mouse, and go strait to a wireless keyboard!! It's also noteworthy for me to mention that in clinical trials, 3 or 4 strong margarita's in the early afternoon have been shown to help minimize and slow of onset symptoms (as well as everything else)!!! I suggest top-shelf with lost of salt if you have access to it.

No mater what happens, just know that all of us will be talking about you and posting messages in your absence. Although we will largely be unmoderated, I'm certain you will be able to fix anything we do in here... :flower:

:missu:

best of luck!!! :wavey:

David

You are one funny guy!!! :o

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:55 PM

Thanks Dave...you just made an otherwise pretty crappy day...brighter! :flower:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#6 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:25 PM

I am hoping that the flooding did not get into your house. That wouldn't be very helpful for resale value.

#7 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:12 PM

I am hoping that the flooding did not get into your house. That wouldn't be very helpful for resale value.

OOOOH Kamala - so sorry to hear about the flooding. Lmited internet access - well, I know kust how that feels....

Hope everything is working out now. S
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#8 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:21 PM

Hopefully a buyer from the Houston area will come to look at your house. Don't worry They'll just think it's normal! Especially after this past weekend!
Ain't love a BEACH?

#9 peterbj7

peterbj7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:36 PM

Oh dear Kamala, the timing couldn't be worse! I do hope you didn't have lots of boxes damaged by water.

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:14 PM

Update:

First thank you all for your support and for your patience in my working thru these issues. We suffered a bit of a set back today so have not been online until now. Will be offline most of the weekend trying to get caught up with stuff.

PLEASE...if it is urgent let scubapunk know and she will consolidate concerns for me and I'll work thru them as quickly as I can with her. I hope to be back online full time Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

I know many of you have requested answers on trips, etc and I have managed to send off for those replies in most cases. I will try to post the answers I have and re-request those I'm still missing.

Thank you for your understanding. kamala

formerly...

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:27 AM

Hey everyone...back online for part of today and I will try to catch up as many things as possible. I have some new remodeling projects as a result of last week so my kitchen is TORN UP and the rest of the house is not too far behind with unfinished repairs and painting as I was getting my house ready for sale.

I will still be on and off sporadically this week but hope to be back online more soon. Thank you all for your well wishes and for your patience during this time. kamala

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users