• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PLANNING THREAD...Fiji....Bula Bula March 2009

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:37 PM

OK, I think I got everyone that said they were interested listed in the first post. :D So if you want to be on the "interested" list and you don't see your name, let me know! :birthday: :teeth:
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#62 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:43 AM

OK, I think I got everyone that said they were interested listed in the first post. :birthday: So if you want to be on the "interested" list and you don't see your name, let me know! :birthday: :birthday:

:tears: We have the BEST volunteers! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#63 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:46 AM

This trip is NEXT to be posted!

I've had several people ask how they upgrade to premier member so they can be one of the first to sign up....here you go!

Our premier members get first dibs on our trips and have a 7 day booking window before our general membership. Some of our more anticipated trips have acutally filled out during this time so if you don't want to risk not getting a spot...consider upgrading to Premier Member status. Its only $35 a year...gets you a cool membership pkg, eligibility for a $25 premier member rebate after EVERY trip you take with us as well as discounts on travel and merchandise.

To upgrade simply click on MY CONTROLS and then click on paid subscriptions under OPTIONS on the left. Then choose either paypal or post/postal if paying by check. Let us know if you have any questions! :tears:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#64 Sherr752

Sherr752

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:42 AM

What is the name of the resort for the Fiji trip?

Sherrie

#65 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:51 AM

Kadavu Beach Resort....here!

I'm putting the finishing touches on the details right now. It will be posted today for our premeir members and above to start signing up for! :)

A bit about the resort and the island we are going too...

A South Pacifc dream...Fiji! And Dive Kadavu - Kadavu's premier resort, is located only 10 minutes by boat from Kadavu airport and is set in lush topical gardens adjoining a beautiful sandy beach called Matana, which in Kadavu dialect means all tide sandy beach. On one side of the resort are the villages of Navautu and Drue and behind are rolling hills with walking trails, which have great views. As the resort faces due west the sunsets can be quite spectacular - great for photographers.

Kadavu Island is located approx 100kls (60mls) south of Suva, the capital of Fiji. It is the fourth largest of the 300 odd islands in Fiji and is virtually undeveloped. The island is surrounded by coral reefs with magnificent palm fringed beaches and rugged terrain. At the southwestern end lies Nabukulevu, an extinct volcano. The length is approx 80kls (50 miles) and the width varies. The native population of some 12,000 still live quite traditionally in 72 villages scattered throughout the island. As there are few roads, transport is mainly by boat. Vunisea, the only town on the island, is located near the airport and boasts of a post office, hospital, police station and boarding school. Dive Kadavu is located in a pristine part of the world, that major development has not yet affected.

For many years we have taken the lead with our own campaign of environmental awareness. The management, staff and local villages have all been trained and educated in many factors that could impact our local area. We have fought to have marine reserves declared. We use an invertor systems to reduce the running times on our generators. All dive sites used by Dive Kadavu use property place moorings and we have an awareness campaign for all our guests. Our paradise will continue while we all continue to protect it.

Resort Info: We will be staying at a lovely resort Dive Kadavu - which has just 10 bures (Fijian word for Bungalows) & accommodates a maximum of only 22 guests at any one time. (We will only have 12 people on this trip but so far the remaining resort is still open!) Each bure has it's own bathroom (with hot water), ceiling fans, bed-lamps, queen size bed, or 2 singles, verandah, fly screening, fridge, external rinse shower etc. Two of the bures have two bedrooms which will accommodate up to four people however we will only put 3 in these rooms if we get enough for a triple or two. Please note we can NOT guarantee triple occupancy if the rooming does not work out. The remaining eight bures can each accommodate 1, 2, or 3 people however we'll only put 1 or 2 in them. Built in a more modern - traditional style, they blend into the lush gardens and are roomy enough to allow space for relaxing in your private time.
All bures have direct access to the beach, dive shop, dining/lounge rooms, bars and activities. They are powered with 240V electricity which is generated by the resort's own power plant. An inverter system is used between 9.30pm & 7am, which powers fans & lights.

formerly...

#66 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:10 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

This trip is now open for booking to our premier members and above for 7 days until Dec 2nd HERE. After that space permitting it will be opened up to our standard members and non-members. You can also find it under the Premier & Above Member Specials forum.

Note if the link above does not work for you please consider becoming a premier member of our site. For $35 a year you'll get lots of add'l savings on gear, travel and you get first dibs on our trips! To upgrade click on MY CONTROLS then click on PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS under Options on the left. Then follow the prompts to pay via paypal or by check.

And after the trip you can file for your premier member rebate and get $25 back after EVERY trip you take! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#67 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:14 PM

While rummaging around for things to keep me busy while Dan is at work............I came across some Fiji pics from 05 - we went to Kadavu with Kamala and SD in 05 - the colors are just so amazing - you guys are going to love it!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• Clownfish4.JPG
  • Coral16.JPG
  • SpanishDancer6.JPG

Known puker

#68 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:17 AM

Thank you Sandy! They are great pictures and bring back LOTS of great memories!

Hee! Hee! It must be working...we already have 3 out of the 12 we can take signed up for the trip! :respect:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users