• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PLANNING THREAD...Fiji....Bula Bula March 2009

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:22 PM

I know I am looking for a trip to replace the Bonaire trip as the dates next year are at the end of June. I know I was hoping for a May date.

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:40 AM

I will be making hard decisions this coming week on our Bahamas liveabaord. We will either do Thailand in Feb timeframe or Fiji in Mar/April timeframe.

Bali/Wakatobi is set for July and Galapgos is set for October. I will do either Fiji or Thailand in basically first quarter.

p.s Beth if you are interested in the Grenada trip please don't pass it up...it is highly unlikely we'll be doing Grenada again soon especially not via the liveaboard.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:34 PM

I will be making hard decisions this coming week on our Bahamas liveabaord. We will either do Thailand in Feb timeframe or Fiji in Mar/April timeframe.

Bali/Wakatobi is set for July and Galapgos is set for October. I will do either Fiji or Thailand in basically first quarter.

p.s Beth if you are interested in the Grenada trip please don't pass it up...it is highly unlikely we'll be doing Grenada again soon especially not via the liveaboard.

Did you make any hard decisions last week about Fiji? Basic timeframes would be very helpful to me. Thanks!
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#34 ScubaDawg

ScubaDawg

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:07 PM

If it was late April I would be interested, could tag on to my timeshare week in Maui and break up the long flight. Air Pacific has some flights at $910 (w/o taxes) but it looks like many days are already sold out at that price. Lots of the Friday, and Sat. flights show sold out........ Don't know how much less your contract air might be.

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:18 PM

Yes I made some hard decisions...I am verifying some dates and letting people know that need to be notified. I should have something hard this week so you can start booking flights!

Now the hardest part...trying to choose a month that most of you can go on....:thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#36 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:10 PM

Important Update:

Ok folks it looks like I can't please everyone but hopefully I please enough to fill this trip! :thankyou:

I am locking in on the following pkgs below. Please note if you really want to do a rushed week only it can be done and yes it is cheaper. However its been my experience that you really need to do this as a minimum of 8 nites with 6 days of diving to really feel that you've been on vacation and to recover from the international flights. Plus you've gone a long way so you'll want to make the most of it!

The pkg I'm looking at includes air from LAX PLUS a separate flight away from the big city of Nadi to a small remote island Kadavu where not only is the diving more pristine but we'll have pelagic encounters with MANTA RAYS!!! Plus we will be the ONLY people at the resort and we'll be right next door to a lovely Fijian village where we'll be treated to several cultural exchanges that will leave you amazed and delighted by these gracious, delightful, loving people.

Depart US 2/28 Arrive Fiji 3/2/09 Leave Fiji 3/10/09 Arrive US 3/10/09

8 Nights 6 days of 2 tank dives + Traditional Fijian Lovo Feast + Waterfall Trek + Traditional Fijian Meke & Kava Ceremony + School Children Singing/School Supplies + All Meals + Taxes + Transfers + Airfare from LAX and Nadi to Kadavu

Double Occupancy: Divers @ US$2995 per person

Double Occupancy: Non-Divers @ US$2455 per person

Triple Occupancy: Divers @ US$2943 per person

Triple Occupancy:Non-Divers @ US$2403 per person

Single Occupancy:Divers @ US$3126

Single Occupancy:Non-Divers @ US$2586

Want to stay longer?? (Return March 12th) You can add 2 more nights, 2 more days of diving and 2 more days of meals for: only $480

2 Nights 2 days of 2 tank dives + All Meals Add-On Price to any diving pkg: $480

This was very hard as I had people requesting late May which is lower season, and late April which is just on the shoulder of high season and many requesting February which is definately High Season. However I was able to get a great deal for High Season and I guarantee you'll consider this one of YOUR top 5-10 trips EVER when its done! Oh did I mention that the resort :birthday: us??? Yep...but hey...what's not to :birthday: :P

This pricing is firm and these dates are available at the hotel for the entire resort. Shy of tons of people telling me they can't or won't do these dates...this will be ready to start signing up in the next week or so.

formerly...

#37 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:59 AM

I am SO ready to sign up for this one! If anybody else is wanting to stay the extra days, I'll bunk with you!
Posted Image

#38 CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:69

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

WW,

This sounds like a great trip. I've been wanting to dive somewhere other than the Carib for a while. The dates should work for me, but my problem is if I take that time off from work I'll actually be off from 2/24-3/15. :thankyou: Yeah, it's a tough life, but...What is your flexibility w/ the air contract? Can it be worked for different dates? Or can the package be made available w/o contract air? Even with the date change I would still have an extra 6 days to play with. Thanks.

Kelly

#39 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:46 AM

You guys will LOVE this resort - the people are amazing. I have some friends that went last year and the DM that we all loved is still around - Joeli. He is a WONDERFUL guy. When we went in 05 - it was one of the most relaxing vacations we had ever been on - when the lights go out at night - THEY GO OUT. It's you and nature. Fabulous. The diving is amazing. The colors you see in the dive mags regarding Fiji - ARE TRUE. The soft coral colors are fantastic.

If you can swing the time and $$$ - then hurry and sign up. You will love the resort, the people and the amazing reefs.

Just watch out for those little school children - THEY WILL STEAL YOUR HEART.
Known puker

#40 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:33 PM

WW,

This sounds like a great trip. I've been wanting to dive somewhere other than the Carib for a while. The dates should work for me, but my problem is if I take that time off from work I'll actually be off from 2/24-3/15. :-D Yeah, it's a tough life, but...What is your flexibility w/ the air contract? Can it be worked for different dates? Or can the package be made available w/o contract air? Even with the date change I would still have an extra 6 days to play with. Thanks.

Kelly

I will find out. We may have a smidge of flexibility but I am not sure. If I understand you want to extend another 6 days? That will be a bit pricey but I'll find that out too!

formerly...

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:36 PM

You guys will LOVE this resort - the people are amazing. I have some friends that went last year and the DM that we all loved is still around - Joeli. He is a WONDERFUL guy. When we went in 05 - it was one of the most relaxing vacations we had ever been on - when the lights go out at night - THEY GO OUT. It's you and nature. Fabulous. The diving is amazing. The colors you see in the dive mags regarding Fiji - ARE TRUE. The soft coral colors are fantastic.

If you can swing the time and $$$ - then hurry and sign up. You will love the resort, the people and the amazing reefs.

Just watch out for those little school children - THEY WILL STEAL YOUR HEART.

It was an amazing trip! And I just sent another group there not too long ago and they loved it as well. They are a tad more expensive than some other options but then it costs more to fly everything to a remote island. But WOW the most amazing things are worth a bit extra! :-D

formerly...

#42 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:09 PM

Count me in!!! This trip sounds WONDERFUL, and I am ready to go somewhere other than the Caribbean. Another plus is pelagic encounters with MANTA RAYS....even though I don't know what pelagic means, it sounds good!!!

Edited by Bubbles, 03 October 2008 - 03:12 PM.

#43 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:19 PM

Count me in!!! This trip sounds WONDERFUL, and I am ready to go somewhere other than the Caribbean. Another plus is pelagic encounters with MANTA RAYS....even though I don't know what pelagic means, it sounds good!!!

Pelagics are BIG ANIMALS...and the MANTAS ARE VERY BIG there! :-D

formerly...

#44 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:22 PM

Important Update:

Ok its official! I'm only getting 'thumbs up reviews' so we are doing this trip. The beauty of the contract air is we don't have to ticket immediately HOWEVER the sooner you ticket the sooner you'll avoid any add'l fuel surcharges. OTOH...if you have to cancel there will be a name change ticketing fee which can be $250 or more.

This trip will be open for booking as soon as I can finish typing out the details. I will have it posted between leaving for Bali today and/or as soon as I get to Bali. I have LOTS of flights to work on all the details! :-D

formerly...

#45 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

Pelagics are BIG ANIMALS...and the MANTAS ARE VERY BIG there! :wub:

:-D and just to clarify, we would purchase separate round trip flight for LAX, then take the charter to Fiji?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users