• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PLANNING THREAD...Fiji....Bula Bula March 2009

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

I noticed two shops doing trips next year to Fiji..$2599 total including air to Beqa Lagoon resort, all meals and diving. Seems like a really good deal to me.

Yes we can get great deals for around $3k or less. Those super cheap ones usually are only 7 days or less. We found the 10 day option was better.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:58 PM

I noticed two shops doing trips next year to Fiji..$2599 total including air to Beqa Lagoon resort, all meals and diving. Seems like a really good deal to me.

Yes we can get great deals for around $3k or less. Those super cheap ones usually are only 7 days or less. We found the 10 day option was better.

Here are the deals through sport diver, but the other shops are offering it later in the year..

http://www.sportdive...1000062263.html

They have packages as low as $2395 with air out of LAX.

I was just looking at it vs Wakatobi which is $3k+ without airfare, or the Curacao trip, at $1600+air which has been running around $700 this fall. What is Thailand looking like pricewise?

Edited by georoc01, 21 August 2008 - 04:39 PM.

#18 Loves to Scuba

Loves to Scuba

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

I am definitely in for a Fiji trip in 2009 provided it is in the Jan-Feb or June-July timeframe!
loves to scuba
Loves to Scuba
aka Phyllis

#19 TryinDiving

TryinDiving

Getting started

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:95

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

I stayed at Beqa Lagoon last November for a 9 night/10 day trip. Cost was ~$3500 including air. It was FANTASTIC! Beautiful island, very remote, wonderful people and amazing diving! The flight is long, then the travel to the remote island takes a while but it is all worth it! Once you get there, no cars, no phones, no TV, just diving, relaxing and imbibing. Food is gourmet too! I can post a link to some of my pics if anyone's interested. Mind you I'm not ScubaShafer when it comes to photos (yet). :D

I would definitely consider going back. When I was there last year, I decided, next time, I would tack on visiting/diving another area too, after flying all that way. :teeth: PNG, Australia and New Zealand aren't very far once you're in Fiji. :D
-T

#20 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:55 PM

I would be interested in Fiji but it would also depend on what is happening with Thailand. Can't do both. If Fiji is the choice then I would prefer summer.

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#21 Kuraman

Kuraman

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Cert Level:IDC Staff Instructor
  • Logged Dives:Over 1000 now, quit logging and quit counting

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

Would love to do Fiji, just have to figure out how much it will cost me from here.
Formerly known as "DixieDiver25" but changed for a nice donation to SingleDivers.com. Kuraman means 'Turtle Man".

#22 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:16 PM

Fiji sounds wonderful, and I'd love to go. Just can't be too close to the Bonaire trip, for me to do both.
Sandy, are you going again? FIJI FIJI FIJI :birthday:
Posted Image

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:01 PM

With Wakatobi now locked in for July it is unlikely we'll offer another big trip like this for June so it will be early next year if we do it. It may end up being Thailand or Fiji.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#24 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:57 AM

With Wakatobi now locked in for July it is unlikely we'll offer another big trip like this for June so it will be early next year if we do it. It may end up being Thailand or Fiji.

The main difference I am seeing is that Wakatobi, Galapagos and Thailand all look to be at least $3k+air. THis looks to be $3k including air. Heck, that is getting very close to the price of the 10 day version of the Bonaire trip given the cost of airfare these days. And given the challenge of midweek flights to Bonaire, the travel for those of us on the west side of the country may be easier!

Plus a more direct flight may be nicer too, we are still trying to recover bags from a regional jet out of Roatan.

Edited by georoc01, 19 September 2008 - 08:03 AM.

#25 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:02 AM

Fiji sounds wonderful, and I'd love to go. Just can't be too close to the Bonaire trip, for me to do both.
Sandy, are you going again? FIJI FIJI FIJI :birthday:

You will LOVE Fiji Fiji Fiji!!! The Fijians are such wonderful people! The diving is amazing!
Actually did Fiji Fiji Fiji last October via the Aggressor! Great diving!!! Have to see when SD does Fiji again.

You can normally count on about 6k for a trip to that area - but well worth the money!!
Known puker

#26 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:18 AM

Wakatobi is just too expensive for me. The airfare alone would cover the cost of a 10 day dive trip elsewhere for me. Hopefully we can get some numbers pinned down for Thailand if tis is going to be in the first quarter.

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#27 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:48 PM

If it's an either/or situtation I vote Fiji....

Sorry..I mean Fiji Fiji Fiji. :teeth:

Edited by ev780, 19 September 2008 - 01:50 PM.

"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#28 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

I might be interested in this trip. What month are you thinking? If it is close to the beginning of the year, I will have to decide between Fiji and the Grenada trip. Would the package include air? I know nothing about traveling to that part of the world.

Edited by Bubbles, 19 September 2008 - 06:05 PM.

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#29 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

Since I plan on crossing the both the International Date Line and the equator next year, put me down as very interested..
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#30 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:58 PM

Since I plan on crossing the both the International Date Line and the equator next year, put me down as very interested..

Now, these are 2 very :teeth: goals!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users