• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PLANNING THREAD...Fiji....Bula Bula March 2009

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:27 PM

Important Update...THIS TRIP IS NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING TO OUR PREMIER MEMBERS AND ABOVE HERE!!!: After Dec 2nd the trip will be open to our regular members and non-members

Note if the link above does not work for you please consider becoming a premier member of our site. For $35 a year you'll get lots of add'l savings on gear, travel and you get first dibs on our trips! To upgrade click on MY CONTROLS then click on PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS under Options on the left. Then follow the prompts to pay via paypal or by check.

And after the trip you can file for your premier member rebate and get $25 back! :fish:

Ok folks it looks like I can't please everyone but hopefully I please enough to fill this trip! :dance:

I DO HAVE AN AIR CONTRACT OUT OF LAX...FULL DETAILS COMING IN A FEW DAYS!!!

I am locking in on the following pkgs below. Please note if you really want to do a rushed week only it can be done and yes it is cheaper. However its been my experience that you really need to do this as a minimum of 8 nites with 6 days of diving to really feel that you've been on vacation and to recover from the international flights. Plus you've gone a long way so you'll want to make the most of it!

The pkg I'm looking at includes air from LAX PLUS a separate flight away from the big city of Nadi to a small remote island Kadavu where not only is the diving more pristine but we'll have pelagic encounters with MANTA RAYS!!! Plus we will be the ONLY people at the resort and we'll be right next door to a lovely Fijian village where we'll be treated to several cultural exchanges that will leave you amazed and delighted by these gracious, delightful, loving people.

Depart US 2/28 Arrive Fiji 3/2/09 Leave Fiji 3/10/09 Arrive US 3/10/09

8 Nights 6 days of 2 tank dives + Traditional Fijian Lovo Feast + Waterfall Trek + Traditional Fijian Meke & Kava Ceremony + School Children Singing/School Supplies + All Meals + Taxes + Transfers + Airfare from LAX and Nadi to Kadavu

Double Occupancy: Divers @ US$2995 per person

Double Occupancy: Non-Divers @ US$2455 per person

Triple Occupancy: Divers @ US$2943 per person

Triple Occupancy:Non-Divers @ US$2403 per person

Single Occupancy:Divers @ US$3126

Single Occupancy:Non-Divers @ US$2586

Want to stay longer?? (Return March 12th) You can add 2 more nights, 2 more days of diving and 2 more days of meals for: only $480

2 Nights 2 days of 2 tank dives + All Meals Add-On Price to any diving pkg: $480

This was very hard as I had people requesting late May which is lower season, and late April which is just on the shoulder of high season and many requesting February which is definately High Season. However I was able to get a great deal for High Season and I guarantee you'll consider this one of YOUR top 5-10 trips EVER when its done! Oh did I mention that the resort :birthday: us??? Yep...but hey...what's not to :birthday: :birthday:

Interestsed:

1. Teresa aka Mermaid Lady
2. Tammy aka Landlocked DiveNut
3. Jim aka tgnjim
4. Ross aka running diver
5. shawnabbott
6. Tim aka timalso
7. Ed aka bowjunkie
8. Phyllis aka Love to Scuba
9. Theresa aka TryinDiving
10. Beth aka Bubbles
11. Michael aka Kuraman
12. Fred aka ev780
13. George aka georoc01
14. Scubadawg
15. Kelly aka Captain Morgan

This pricing is firm and these dates are available at the hotel for the entire resort. Shy of tons of people telling me they can't or won't do these dates...this will be ready to start signing up in the next week or so.

We have not been to magical Fiji since 2005. We had a fabulous trip that was very reasonable and the diving was some of the best I've STILL seen diving the world. The people were some of the friendliest I've EVER met and the culture was amazing.

Is it time to go back to Fiji?

Here is the trip we did previously...pricing has not gone up that much and we can get an air contract with Air Pacific from LAX just as we did in 2005.

Edited by WreckWench, 03 December 2008 - 10:57 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 running_diver

running_diver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:46 PM

We have not been to magical Fiji since 2005. We had a fabulous trip that was very reasonable and the diving was some of the best I've STILL seen diving the world. The people were some of the friendliest I've EVER met and the culture was amazing.

Here is the trip we did previously...pricing has not gone up that much and we can get an air contract with Air Pacific from LAX just as we did in 2005.

I did the Fiji Agressor in 1998 and it was great. At one point we were mored to a pinnacle that was not in sight of land. The diving was incredible. There was anything you could want at the one spot, from shallow swim through sharks swimming around the deep.

The boat was a converted cruise ship. The cook was ranked the fourth best chef in Fiji and the head DM was a village chief with over 3000 logged dives. Unfortunately, I heard the boat has been moved to another location.

You can put me down as interested in this.

Ross

#3 shawnabbott

shawnabbott

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:49 PM

interested...not gone there yet...depends on time of year, etc.

#4 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:02 PM

Yah,
I'm going there this June/July too
Beqa resort

Will post the conditions on return..

Went there before, several years ago. stayed at the Vananavu Resort which was nice also.

Diving, of course, exceptional...

Edited by fbp, 27 February 2008 - 11:02 PM.

fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#5 timalso

timalso

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Cert Level:instructor
  • Logged Dives:350

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:14 PM

Yes this is another on my list check out a great charitable opportunity in FIJI

#6 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:42 AM

If you have never dove Fiji you are missing some of the greatest diving, it's the soft coral capital of the world.
I went there in 2005 aboard the Nai'a, the diving is fantastic, especially the bommies which have something for everybody. Around the bottom are the big stuff, the sides are vertical walls where you find critters and ribbon eels and the top which is at safety stop depth is usually covered in small stuff. After a few days you will be sick and tired of the Nemo's, they aren't rare, they are everywhere!
Like the Wench said, the friendliest people you will ever meet and they all speak the Queens English but a few words like Bula and Vanuka (Hello and thank you) will get you a long way.
Air Pacific is one of the worlds best airlines. Never mind that your ticket says you will be served snacks, the flight leaves late from LAX, you'll be served a full meal, a travel bag with tooth brush, paste, socks, eye cover and wipe to freshen in the morning. A big choice of movies to watch on your own screen. In the morning a full breakfast and then you step off in Nadi in time to see the sun rise. No jet lag but you'll pay for that on the return trip.
This picture was taken on the side of a bommie known as mellow Yellow. In the member gallery on page 10 is my gallery, toward the end are more pictures from Fiji.

Posted Image
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#7 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

:teeth: I'm in for a Fiji trip several friends have done it and highly recommend doing it
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#8 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:00 PM

I almost moved to Fiji last year - I went to Grenada with SD instead. I had a job with a resort there as an instructor. Still think I should have done it.
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

I almost moved to Fiji last year - I went to Grenada with SD instead. I had a job with a resort there as an instructor. Still think I should have done it.

Nope! Then we wouldn't have met you!

NOPE NOPE NOPE...you can't go anywhere! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#10 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:25 PM

Here is a question. With Red Sea, Thailand and Galapagos all listed for 2009, could Fiji fit in next year as well. If so, when?

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:34 PM

Here is a question. With Red Sea, Thailand and Galapagos all listed for 2009, could Fiji fit in next year as well. If so, when?

Dunno...Galapagos is FIRM...dates are set. Thailand is darn close...will be working on it in the next few weeks to try and firm it up.

Red Sea...working on dates and money to see what the interest is...

Fiji is another option...will get you some pricing if that helps.

formerly...

#12 Stephanie

Stephanie

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:29

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

I'd like to see a trip to Belize form!! I've been told it has WONDERFUL diving!!

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:18 PM

I'd like to see a trip to Belize form!! I've been told it has WONDERFUL diving!!

We are doing Belize THIS JUNE!!! Can you join us then???

formerly...

#14 Stephanie

Stephanie

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:29

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:37 PM

I'm teaching summer school this June.. or else I would love to! That and I need more than a month or two to save up money for it! :)

#15 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:06 PM

I noticed two shops doing trips next year to Fiji..$2599 total including air to Beqa Lagoon resort, all meals and diving. Seems like a really good deal to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users