• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SOLD OUT!!! NC July 3-7, 2008...SD's Farewell to the Graveyard of the Atlantic!

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#136 FollowLiz

FollowLiz

Getting started

• Charter Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:291

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:16 AM

I will tkae the weekend to split this trip so Jim G can dive Friday - Need Nitrox tanks only - someone please shoot me a note with the price for room Friday and Sat night and diving Sat and Sun

Liz

Put me on the seriously interested list. This trip comes around right at when we do shift bid so i wont know until the last moment but im gonna see what i can do to make it to dive one of my favorite locations.

Tooth

Hope you can make it Tooth!

#137 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

I will tkae the weekend to split this trip so Jim G can dive Friday - Need Nitrox tanks only - someone please shoot me a note with the price for room Friday and Sat night and diving Sat and Sun

Liz

Put me on the seriously interested list. This trip comes around right at when we do shift bid so i wont know until the last moment but im gonna see what i can do to make it to dive one of my favorite locations.

Tooth

Hope you can make it Tooth!

Thank Liz, that sounds great! WreckWench is traveling right now, but I'll see if I can get you the prices.

#138 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:37 AM

Ms Liz...I had someone else who was also asking for that spot so I had to send them a pm to see if they wanted it. They have not replied back so I'm going to release it to you. However you have to give me all the details I need before I can quote a price :birthday:...my access is very limited as I'm in Belize so bear with me as I try to get what I need from you and the repackage the pricing for you. :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#139 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

p.s. Ms Punkie...would you pm JimG to see if he still wants the Friday only spot? Thank you! k

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#140 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:36 AM

p.s. Ms Punkie...would you pm JimG to see if he still wants the Friday only spot? Thank you! k

Ok Will do.

#141 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:18 AM

Ok Will do.

Got the E-mail, and replied this morning (with a CC to Kamala). Send me details on pricing and deadlines, and I will have a look at my itinerary for that week to see if I can swing this.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#142 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:18 AM

Ok Will do.

Got the E-mail, and replied this morning (with a CC to Kamala). Send me details on pricing and deadlines, and I will have a look at my itinerary for that week to see if I can swing this.

-JimG

Can't access kamala for some reason but I really use wreckwench on the site anyway. Do you need hotel or just diving? Do you need tank rental or are you bringing your own? Our price includes breakfast and lunch on the boat in it. And we have a kickass cookout on the dock including steak, pork, chicken, fish, veggies, sides, sodas, water, beer and wine for $25. You won't go away hungry and even if you don't drink its a great deal plus its the social event of the week as the crew joins us and we have a blast! Oh did I mention homemade deviled eggs and dessert? :cool1:

Plus we get to see the fireworks right from our hotel...:bye:

formerly...

#143 diverdant

diverdant

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:purely rec
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:58 AM

hey dan, any luck? was going to try and surprise fiancee with this but she gave me a deadline of today cuz she's already late on sending invites out to wedding. if u have time could please e-mail me off board and let me know. hope all is well. thanks, dan

(sorry everyone for intruding with my yipping in the middle of this thread)

Tooth

Dan, WAAAAAY off topic- remember that couple u took the UW photo of after an underwater proposal at Desecheo in Puerto Rico a year or so ago whilst doing your DAN gig? Go way back, newspaper photographer, short chick that was trying not to cry after finding her find in a treasure chest underwater...

- That was me and the marriage is actually still happening. I can't get your e-mail since I'm not a member (& doesn't seem real appropriate to join as a almost-married man) & have no idea where you be at, so this is only way I could figure out to contact you. Any chance of getting the photo you took for use on our wedding invites going out reeeeal soon? If you see this and have time, please let me know one way or another so I can let the soon-to-be better half know. We might even be willing to pay in U.S. currency. ;^)

Thanks,
yet another dan

Dan Trevan wow long time no see. I hadnt lost the photos I have been slowly working them up for a gallery presentation and publication, and had planned on sending emails out to those that where on the dives when i shot them and partcipated in the research.

yes i have those photos and let me get off shift and i will go look them up and then contact you to make arrangements.

Also welcome to SD and theres no problems SD isnt a singles thing its a diving thing so weather your buddy status is marriage or diving related we can help you, plus even if your married to a diver we still let you stay, just ask the leader of this whiley bunch the Wreck Wench cause theres a ring on her finger from another diver.

oh well pager just went off and i need to run, will type at you all later, and Dan i will email you later tonight.

#144 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:57 AM

Payment Update:

1. Judy aka Judy: ww got your payment for NC for diving all 3 days. :twist: (Glad you can join us! I'm guessing you have your own tanks and place to stay being the DM's better half and all!) :2cool:

formerly...

#145 Drewski

Drewski

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor (NAUI 7537), I'm a WRECK diver!
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:18 PM

Hi All:

Just to "WET" your appetite for diving NC, I was on the Proteus and the Dixie Arrow off Hatteras last weekend with Kamala's old buddy "JT." These wrecks are about 40 miles north of the area you guys will be diving. Spectacular is the only way to describe it. 50+ and 72-75 on the Proteus, 100 and 75 on the Dixie Arrow.

In one frame of the video I shot Saturday on the Proteus, we could count 14 (yes 14!) sharks in one group on the wreck. The largest was estimated at 12 to 14 FT long (I'd say 10 to 12, but I always think it's better to come up longer than shorter, LOL). Many of them would come right at you, face to face, only to avoid bumping into you by a few inches at the last second provided you kept still. We saw more teeth in one day than 4 out of 5 dentists might see in a month. BIG teeth, too. And, YES, I got it ALL on video. I'll be posting the vid this weekend and I'll link it to this board.

Keep in mind that NC Sand Tigers are some of the most beautiful and "friendly" sharks you will ever see underwater. Unlike what you might hear on "Shark Week," I've NEVER felt threatened or worried even when completely surrounded by them when diving and shooting video. If you get to dive the wreck "formerly known as the Papoose," the Schurz or any of the other larger wrecks in the area, you will NOT be disappointed.

JT had a world class underwater photographer dive with him in 2006. Here are some pics linked to JT's site at: http://capt-jt.com

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Can you beat NC Diving?

NOT!

God Bless...

Andy

Edited by Drewski, 17 June 2008 - 06:24 PM.

Drewski
To visit my Flickr page, click here or check out WreckDiverVideo.com.

#146 Hover Girl

Hover Girl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:22 AM

Hey y'all

Just wanted to check... I sent surveys and waivers for Keith and me about a week ago by fax. Did you get them? Let me know if I need to re-send.

Elaine

#147 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:24 AM

Hey y'all

Just wanted to check... I sent surveys and waivers for Keith and me about a week ago by fax. Did you get them? Let me know if I need to re-send.

Elaine

Please resend the surveys to trips@singledivers.com. I do not have access to the fax machine. Thank you

The waivers can be faxed to Kamala. She has been in Belize for the past week, so allow her time to catch up.

Edited by ScubaPunk, 18 June 2008 - 07:25 AM.

#148 Juliwithani

Juliwithani

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:OW Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

Hey Kamala!
Could I use my Galapogus bucks for this trip instead?? It would be for me and Ken, my fiance..

Let me know! Would love to go!

Juliwithani

#149 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hey Kamala!
Could I use my Galapogus bucks for this trip instead?? It would be for me and Ken, my fiance..

Let me know! Would love to go!

Juliwithani

Can you get airfare at this late date? k

formerly...

#150 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

Payment Update:

1. Wayne aka Walrus: ww got your ck for $96 to cover nitrox 80's rentals! :cheerleader:

2. Mark aka Capn Jack: ww got your ck for $207 to cover trip balance for you and swmbo. :cheerleader:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users