• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The WEATHER vs DIVING...Utila March 2008

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#121 karenpadi

karenpadi

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:16 AM

Glad to hear everyone got home. I arrived home late Saturday to discover that my cat has fleas. The little b**ch--just like her owner. So I'm doing a lot of laundry and the roomba is zooming around the apartment just as fast as it can. Even the furniture is getting cleaned.

On the employment front, the client came through with the waiver about 2.5 hours after I was supposed to start at my new firm. The HR lady decided that it was just too much effort on her part to start me on Tuesday instead of Monday so I got an extra week off. I went to Napa and spent my first paycheck on wine (and some great deals I found at the outlet mall).

Great pictures! Thank you all for a great week!

#122 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,663 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:57 PM

Glad to hear everyone got home. I arrived home late Saturday to discover that my cat has fleas. The little b**ch--just like her owner. So I'm doing a lot of laundry and the roomba is zooming around the apartment just as fast as it can. Even the furniture is getting cleaned.

On the employment front, the client came through with the waiver about 2.5 hours after I was supposed to start at my new firm. The HR lady decided that it was just too much effort on her part to start me on Tuesday instead of Monday so I got an extra week off. I went to Napa and spent my first paycheck on wine (and some great deals I found at the outlet mall).

Great pictures! Thank you all for a great week!

Sweetie that is GREAT NEWS! Save some wine for your next trip...ummm....my favorite! :hiya:

Hee! Hee! A number of us got fleas...sand fleas that is and boy did they itch!

:( for being the best roomie....some like it HOT!!!! :(

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#123 diverb0b

diverb0b

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Cert Level:INSTRUCTOR TRAINER
  • Logged Dives:7000 +

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:25 PM

NOW i GET IT :lmao: was wondering about the flea part of the story :wow: ...thanks for updating us on it Kamala :D :( :( :fish: :P :hiya: :(
It will all be a memory tomorrow
I BE DIVING

#124 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

Hey Dave, thanks for posting your pics :(
Great shots.

#125 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:17 PM

Hee! Hee! A number of us got fleas...sand fleas that is and boy did they itch!

I am soooo glad that mine are gone now. They stopped itching two days ago.

#126 diverb0b

diverb0b

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Cert Level:INSTRUCTOR TRAINER
  • Logged Dives:7000 +

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,a flea trip that would sure be different :( :P :lmao: :hiya: :( :(
It will all be a memory tomorrow
I BE DIVING

#127 DivinDave

DivinDave

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Cert Level:Closed circuit rebreather, full trimix and cave.
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

Hey Dave, thanks for posting your pics :wakawaka:
Great shots.

Thanks..! i'm saving the best photos for the DVD..! I've been going over the footage... what a fun group we had!!

D

"I'd rather attempt something great and fail, than attempt nothing and succeed..."

#128 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,663 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:56 PM

Hey Dave, thanks for posting your pics :o
Great shots.

Thanks..! i'm saving the best photos for the DVD..! I've been going over the footage... what a fun group we had!!

D

Aw David...you and Bruce are the best! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#129 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

D

GREAT!!!!! And yes, we had a fun group.

#130 Divesanywhere

Divesanywhere

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:240-ish

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

Just wanted to say hello and that I had a blast on this trip. Really enjoyed meeting everyone and am appreciative of those with picture-taking skills for posting them.
Got home OK in spite of the rubber-glove treatment in Miami, complete with a trip to a little back room occupied by about 30 DEFINITE non-U.S. citizens. OK--who called ahead and warned them about me? Only took about 10 minutes and they seemed apologetic about "harrasing their own citizens from time-to-time."
Roatan was cool. First time there. Did the shark dive. Was definitely NOT your Momma's shark dive. Here's something you don't want to hear on your way to the dive boat; "Today is your lucky day." There were only 5 divers in our group plus the DM. Two Italian couples had set the dive up so we would be swimming "with the sharks." Wasn't sure what that meant until we dropped down to about 65' and were surrounded by about two dozen sharks. Felt kinda like I was on the wrong side of a buffet. OK, ok, I know they aren't going to bite me but technically they COULD and I've never really been around that many sharks at once. The swim out was about 17 minutes and the entire time we were swimming thru/with the sharks. Had one brief moment that really got my attention when an 8-footer cruised by my left side and I noticed the head was as wide across as my shoulders. It was so close the tail almost brushed me as it went by. The whole dive was pretty much like that until the feed. Many times they were within arms reach. Then we sat back and watched from about 20'. After that they all pretty much scattered.
I liked the dive despite the pucker moments. The DM said there is normally much less interaction but the others had made the request earlier.
Trip made me envious of all those going on more later in the year.
Thanks again to all.
Tony

p.s. 1% cortisone cream and all the itching went away...from the sand flea bites, etc. :D

#131 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:39 PM

Got home OK in spite of the rubber-glove treatment in Miami, complete with a trip to a little back room occupied by about 30 DEFINITE non-U.S. citizens.
TMI!

OK--who called ahead and warned them about me?
Wasn't me!!

Only took about 10 minutes
Typical Guy :P

Felt kinda like I was on the wrong side of a buffet.
OK, ok, I know they aren't going to bite me but technically they COULD and I've never really been around that many at once. Had one brief moment that really got my attention when an 8-footer cruised by my left side. I liked;despite the pucker moments.
Again, TMI!!!

Tony
p.s. 1% cortisone cream and all the itching went away...
Advertising a rash, always gets you the gals Tony!! LOL :D

Darn it Jim, where is that Halo of mine!!??!!

Just couldn't resist doing a little editiing on your post Tony!!!

Edited by DiverBabs, 25 March 2008 - 04:40 PM.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#132 Margarita

Margarita

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:168

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:55 PM

Got home OK in spite of the rubber-glove treatment in Miami, complete with a trip to a little back room occupied by about 30 DEFINITE non-U.S. citizens.
TMI!

OK--who called ahead and warned them about me?
Wasn't me!!

Only took about 10 minutes
Typical Guy :-D

Felt kinda like I was on the wrong side of a buffet.
OK, ok, I know they aren't going to bite me but technically they COULD and I've never really been around that many at once. Had one brief moment that really got my attention when an 8-footer cruised by my left side. I liked;despite the pucker moments.
Again, TMI!!!

Tony
p.s. 1% cortisone cream and all the itching went away...
Advertising a rash, always gets you the gals Tony!! LOL :D

Darn it Jim, where is that Halo of mine!!??!!

Just couldn't resist doing a little editiing on your post Tony!!!

:P :fish2: :diver: :2cool: :fish: :elf: :lmao:
Be happy for this moment. This moment...is your life.
Omar Khayyam

#133 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,663 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:08 PM

Babs!!! You are a NUT!!! :D :P :fish2:

And Tony I am VERY VERY Jealous!!! WAY COOL SHARK DIVE!!!

formerly...

#134 fel_gomez

fel_gomez

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Logged Dives:170

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:50 PM

Just wanted to say hello and that I had a blast on this trip. Really enjoyed meeting everyone and am appreciative of those with picture-taking skills for posting them.
Got home OK in spite of the rubber-glove treatment in Miami, complete with a trip to a little back room occupied by about 30 DEFINITE non-U.S. citizens. OK--who called ahead and warned them about me? Only took about 10 minutes and they seemed apologetic about "harrasing their own citizens from time-to-time."
Roatan was cool. First time there. Did the shark dive. Was definitely NOT your Momma's shark dive. Here's something you don't want to hear on your way to the dive boat; "Today is your lucky day." There were only 5 divers in our group plus the DM. Two Italian couples had set the dive up so we would be swimming "with the sharks." Wasn't sure what that meant until we dropped down to about 65' and were surrounded by about two dozen sharks. Felt kinda like I was on the wrong side of a buffet. OK, ok, I know they aren't going to bite me but technically they COULD and I've never really been around that many sharks at once. The swim out was about 17 minutes and the entire time we were swimming thru/with the sharks. Had one brief moment that really got my attention when an 8-footer cruised by my left side and I noticed the head was as wide across as my shoulders. It was so close the tail almost brushed me as it went by. The whole dive was pretty much like that until the feed. Many times they were within arms reach. Then we sat back and watched from about 20'. After that they all pretty much scattered.
I liked the dive despite the pucker moments. The DM said there is normally much less interaction but the others had made the request earlier.
Trip made me envious of all those going on more later in the year.
Thanks again to all.
Tony

p.s. 1% cortisone cream and all the itching went away...from the sand flea bites, etc. :teeth:

Wow Tony, sounds like you had a lot of fun (except in Miami)!! Next time I will try to schedule an extra buffer day!! I also enjoyed meeting the SD gang on the trip and looking forward to another trip.

#135 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:13 PM

Tony-- it sounds amazing, and way more interesting and less " front row at the circus"-like than my shark dive in the Bahamas.......probably due to the "extra-close encounters" feel of it all... at Stuart Cove's we had only a few cruising us at any given time, and though they were checking us out it was from afar, until the moment of the feeding and then it was pretty active (about 20-30 of 'em) and I just concentrated on breathing and ducking when they flew overhead like 747's.

Bravo for staying cool when they were within arm's length!!! :teeth:

It was fun diving with you and finding that turtle kinda fallin' off his ledge!

Hope to dive with you on another trip!

SusiQ
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users