• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Love the New Look!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:20 AM

:thankyou: It's all cleared up this morning!!! Good job!! :canada:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#17 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:10 AM

Certainly love aspects of the new look!! :birthday: Will the banner page return as that had good information regarding trips, noteworthy articles (Costa Rica), and so on?

Nice job by all that labored over the conversion!! :birthday: :birthday:
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#18 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:48 AM

I can't seem to get to the home page now?
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#19 Fordan

Fordan

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:70

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:25 AM

We have the main SingleDivers page redirecting into the forums temporarily while the portal (home page) parts of the site are being worked on. Once the components that are needed for the portal are upgraded and tested, the main page should return.

I don't have a timeframe for this; a lot of it has to do with how smoothly the upgrade goes, and I'm not the one doing the upgrade heavy lifting. This seemed like the best option rather than present people with either worse errors than they've already seen or possibly having it not work at all when they hit http://www.singledivers.com/

#20 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

We have the main SingleDivers page redirecting into the forums temporarily while the portal (home page) parts of the site are being worked on. Once the components that are needed for the portal are upgraded and tested, the main page should return.

I don't have a timeframe for this; a lot of it has to do with how smoothly the upgrade goes, and I'm not the one doing the upgrade heavy lifting. This seemed like the best option rather than present people with either worse errors than they've already seen or possibly having it not work at all when they hit http://www.singledivers.com/

Well then I guess thats why I can't see it then. Thats OK

#21 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

Me likey! Good job guys! So far I have not had any issues but today is my first day online.
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#22 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:39 AM

Well it all looks the same to me. I can't select any skin and the "add friends" doesn't seem to be working. I tried on Windows IE & firefox, and my Mac.

#23 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:22 AM

Well it all looks the same to me. I can't select any skin and the "add friends" doesn't seem to be working. I tried on Windows IE & firefox, and my Mac.

Ellen, I also could not figure it out... adding a friend. However it is as easy as can be... just go to the member page (or if they have just posted you can click on their name above the avatar) and a list of choices shows up... about the third one down is "add as friend" click it and there you are... you just added a friend.

Yes a bit of info about using the new options might come in handy, perhaps it's under help... but who looks there anyway???

Robin

#24 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for adding me as your friend Robin. I've been trying to add Pir8 for 2 days now and he just doesn't show up on my list even though he added me first (so I know he's not trying to avoid me, I think :cheerleader: ) I'll try with you and see what happens.

#25 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:09 AM

Thanks for adding me as your friend Robin. I've been trying to add Pir8 for 2 days now and he just doesn't show up on my list even though he added me first (so I know he's not trying to avoid me, I think :cheerleader: ) I'll try with you and see what happens.

try doing it from my profile

#26 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:11 AM

All right. I tried it in IE again and now the friends seems to be working. Firefox seemed to be blocking the pop up that shows up when you click on "add friend." I had thought that just clicking the link should add a friend, but now that I see the pop up that comes up, I realize there was another step. The pop ups I guess are blocked on my Mac too, that I use at home. I'm using Safari. I know Fordan uses a Mac and his stuff seems to work so I guess he would be the one to help me out there.

#27 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:17 AM

All right. I tried it in IE again and now the friends seems to be working. Firefox seemed to be blocking the pop up that shows up when you click on "add friend." I had thought that just clicking the link should add a friend, but now that I see the pop up that comes up, I realize there was another step. The pop ups I guess are blocked on my Mac too, that I use at home. I'm using Safari. I know Fordan uses a Mac and his stuff seems to work so I guess he would be the one to help me out there.

I just got an email that I have been added as your friend.

Edited by pir8, 17 March 2008 - 08:18 AM.

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,674 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:27 AM

I am a non-paying leach and couldn't log in and it wouldn't recognize me or my email sat afternoon so I rejoined under a new name. yep same coding on home but I don't save that page under my favs.

We :wub: all our members but we do try to make it REALLY WORTH the $35 you pay annually to be a premier member with things like pm ability, abilty to check out profiles, upload pictures on the site, have a photo gallery, early booking of all trips for a week before the general membership, $25 rebate after every trip you take with us, UNPUBLISHED discounts off products and services from our partners including Cochran, DiveRite, OMS, Diversitea, DeepSeaSupply and more! As well as travel discounts off your private travel as well as our group travel. Plus the $35 keeps our community advertising free, predator free and spam free...not a bad deal.

Glad you worked out the registration thing...if you want us to fix it so you can use your original login please let us know via admin@singledivers.com and tell us the name you originally joined under and we can fix it for you.

Thank you for providing feedback and glad you joined our site! :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#29 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:27 AM

It looks different when posting, and there is that "My Friends" thing. Other than that everything looks the same to me. What am I missing?

#30 nice-diver

nice-diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:ow
  • Logged Dives:215

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:38 PM

if everything is the same...then why do i see blue and a little diver and not the teal and purple with the fish? its all good thank you WW and all else
formally known as jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users