• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Love the New Look!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,674 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

if everything is the same...then why do i see blue and a little diver and not the teal and purple with the fish? its all good thank you WW and all else

We used to have some 'custom' skins or backgrounds as we know them by. They included holiday themes, and our SD theme which was the fish with the SD colors of purple and teal. These are gone for now and this format which was previously available is now the only option available until we work out all the bugs between our custom programing and the site's new upgrades.

I have noticed a few other different things...like it doesn't seem like you can forward a pm anymore...only reply. I am also having some problems with the poll function...it lets me set them up but no one can vote in them. And some of our posts are mangled or changed due to the upgrade but all of these are fixable in time.

Our first call of action is to keep indentifying quirks and things that don't work or are missing. Which by the way I'm using slimbrowser which sits on IE when the aforementioned errors have occurred. Have not looked using foxfire yet. Our second call of action is to fix our home page and get it up and running again as we get new visitors to our site daily and it really helps them get a better feel for what SingleDivers.com is.

Thank you all for your input and help in this endeavor! Glad you like the new look and feel of the pms. Has anyone tried the spell check yet? I know many of you have asked for that for a couple of years!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:52 AM

...like it doesn't seem like you can forward a pm anymore...only reply.

The Forward Button has been moved (why? I have no damn idea). While reading a PM you wish to forward, hover over the sender's name, and click the little drop down arrow that will appear just to the right of their name (see picture).

Forward PM is the 5th one on the list:

Capture.JPG

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,674 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:54 AM

...like it doesn't seem like you can forward a pm anymore...only reply.

The Forward Button has been moved (why? I have no damn idea). While reading a PM you wish to forward, hover over the sender's name, and click the little drop down arrow that will appear just to the right of their name (see picture).

Forward PM is the 5th one on the list:

Capture.JPG

:D I have not seen that list of options...the new software is fairly enamored with lists and dropdowns but I'm sure we'll get used to it as we 'grow into our new skin'! :)

Thank you again George! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#34 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:06 AM

if everything is the same...then why do i see blue and a little diver and not the teal and purple with the fish? its all good thank you WW and all else

This view is very similar to the default view that a lot of us used to be more inconspicuous at work. :D Thus, like Scubapunk, I really didn't notice that much of a difference except for the quick access. I wonder what will happen if I insert a spoiler. Will that ruin the end of a movie? :)
Spoiler

Edited by Fairybasslet, 18 March 2008 - 07:07 AM.

#35 Fordan

Fordan

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:70

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:52 AM

This view is very similar to the default view that a lot of us used to be more inconspicuous at work. :D Thus, like Scubapunk, I really didn't notice that much of a difference except for the quick access. I wonder what will happen if I insert a spoiler. Will that ruin the end of a movie? :)

Spoiler

Spoilers are meant to allow you to post something that people have the option of not seeing, like spoilers for a book or movie or the like. To see the text, simply select it like you were going to copy it, and you should be able to see the text.

But yes, there are lots of new quirks & eye candy in the new software version.

I'm wondering if WreckWench will end up like Tom on MySpace: everyone's friend. :birthday:

#36 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:17 AM

Spoiler

Spoilers are meant to allow you to post something that people have the option of not seeing, like spoilers for a book or movie or the like. To see the text, simply select it like you were going to copy it, and you should be able to see the text.

I'm wondering if WreckWench will end up like Tom on MySpace: everyone's friend. :birthday:

Spoiler

Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#37 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:16 AM

I am seeing the error messages at the top of the homepage again!
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#38 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:38 AM

Ok, the errors are gone again, but now I see that on the homepage where the Quotes are it says "you are not authorized to view quotes." I am logged on when I see this.
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#39 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:03 PM

This view is very similar to the default view that a lot of us used to be more inconspicuous at work. :birthday: Thus, like Scubapunk, I really didn't notice that much of a difference except for the quick access. I wonder what will happen if I insert a spoiler. Will that ruin the end of a movie? :birthday:

Spoiler

Spoiler

That is way cool - but I don't see how to do it.
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#40 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:13 PM

Works for me :birthday:

Its like having a new toy to play with, I can wait to try the spell check thingy :birthday:

Thank You

Bubski

Edited by Bubble2Bubble, 19 March 2008 - 12:16 PM.

Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#41 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:40 PM

This view is very similar to the default view that a lot of us used to be more inconspicuous at work. :birthday: Thus, like Scubapunk, I really didn't notice that much of a difference except for the quick access. I wonder what will happen if I insert a spoiler. Will that ruin the end of a movie? :birthday:

Spoiler

Spoiler

That is way cool - but I don't see how to do it.

when you reply to posts, try the drop down box that says "special items" or something like that...the spoiler code is in there

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,674 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:14 PM

Ok, the errors are gone again, but now I see that on the homepage where the Quotes are it says "you are not authorized to view quotes." I am logged on when I see this.

Roger...we will look at this too! Thank you!

formerly...

#43 Tech-Admin

Tech-Admin

On a roll now.....

• Staff
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Logged Dives:130something

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:24 AM

Roger...we will look at this too! Thank you!

I can't see it... I know what you're talking about (it's a PERMISSIONS problem) but it shouldn't be happening. I'm still having some weird differences between the permissions on the test site vs. the real site, as well as the occasional fatal error. :wakawaka:

#44 ASDmike

ASDmike

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:700ish

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:49 AM

Hey great job guys! :thankyou:

(and any gals too :wakawaka: that may have been part of the tech upgrade)

I know how hard it is to do a live update of the software engine and you did get through it very nicely. Yes there were a few hiccups and perhaps some recovery work, but it was pretty seamless to us users.

Thanks for getting it done and kudus for your success :thankyou:
'06 - Fireworks on History, Singles Fantasy
'07 - Ancient Egypt/Red Sea Liveaboard
'08 - Bonaire Singles Week ...In STYLE!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users