• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Input Time: Halloween Dive Trips?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,696 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:40 PM

Hey I've been asked why we don't do a Halloween Trip to Cozumel or someplace else you could get a relatively inexpensive ticket to...at least from Texas and some other major cities that is.

So here's the question?

If you could get away somewhere tropical for $400-$450 would you do so for a long weekend or would you still want to a week trip? Or have the option of doing 3 or 7 days?

Would you like to do it over Halloween or some other fun holiday?

Would you like to participate in costume contests?

Tell us your thoughts! We are working on planning for both 2008 and 2009! Thank you! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 bpro

bpro

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:190

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:27 PM

I think a long weekend trip would be great. SD has tons of great week-long (and longer) trips. But a shorter trip to a popular destination like Cozumel - at ANY time of the year - would probably attract some new members wanting to give SD trips a try, and also help fill in some holes for those of us who can't afford the time or vacation days for multiple longer trips in a year.

Late October/early November is a good time of the year to go...but I'm not sure if anyone else is like me and has lots of things going on for Halloween itself; it's been my favorite day of the year since I was a kid and we always have a lot to do then. I probably wouldn't do the costume contest but some people are far more creative and dig that kid of thing :cool1:

#3 ASDmike

ASDmike

• PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:700ish

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

Hmmm, a Cozy Halloween :diver:

It falls on a Friday this year, so a weekend Cozy trip sounds interesting. :cool1:

But not a week long trip-- I would be looking to spend that much vacation time elsewhere. And for Halloween, I was thinking of going back to Lahaina (Maui) this year or maybe for '09.

http://www.lahainahalloween.com/

Obviously not a cheap flight compared to Cozy. :o But the fall sale fares often come out in August so there is a chance (timing wise for getting cheaper OGG flights).

If you are curious about Lahaina and Halloween, there are lots of youtube videos from the "Mardi Gras of the Pacific"...
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
'06 - Fireworks on History, Singles Fantasy
'07 - Ancient Egypt/Red Sea Liveaboard
'08 - Bonaire Singles Week ...In STYLE!!!

#4 Going Postal

Going Postal

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:56 PM

Hmmm, a Cozy Halloween :diver:

It falls on a Friday this year, so a weekend Cozy trip sounds interesting. :cool1:

But not a week long trip-- I would be looking to spend that much vacation time elsewhere. And for Halloween, I was thinking of going back to Lahaina (Maui) this year or maybe for '09.

http://www.lahainahalloween.com/

Obviously not a cheap flight compared to Cozy. :o But the fall sale fares often come out in August so there is a chance (timing wise for getting cheaper OGG flights).

If you are curious about Lahaina and Halloween, there are lots of youtube videos from the "Mardi Gras of the Pacific"...
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

I'm definitely up for a Maui trip in '09. I can't wait to get back to Hawaii.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow - What a ride!'"

#5 truck diver

truck diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level: aow , nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

Hey I've been asked why we don't do a Halloween Trip to Cozumel or someplace else you could get a relatively inexpensive ticket to...at least from Texas and some other major cities that is.

So here's the question?

If you could get away somewhere tropical for $400-$450 would you do so for a long weekend or would you still want to a week trip? Or have the option of doing 3 or 7 days?

Tell us your thoughts! We are working on planning for both 2008 and 2009! Thank you! -ww

Hey WW I think that sounds like a Good Idea !!! I went on 2 cruises to Cozumel during Halloween and us slighlty older kids had a real good time. I really like taking a few short trips during any of winter months to warmer climates. Took off just down to South Padre Christmas Eve , Christmas Day , and day after 2007 . No crowds , great weather , good fishing , Great Time !!! Mark

#6 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

So here's the question?

Now this sounds like a great idea,long weekends are alot easier to get than a full week. Count me in
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#7 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:03 PM

Short trips to Cozy are always nice, and great from Colorado if they can be done with travel on Wednesday, Saturday or Sundays due to the direct flights on Frontier Airlines. I've done a couple of Wed-Sundays for around $600 pp including air. Stayed at the Hotel Allegro last July and Hotel Cozumel this week.

I usually like to travel around Halloween as my b-day is the 28th!

#8 ASDmike

ASDmike

• PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:700ish

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:07 PM

Just thinking about the logistics too... I would probably like long weekend with Thursday/Monday being travel days (or Wed/Sun). Still gives us a minimum of 2.5 dive days-- Is that what you were thinking of w/ 3 days (3, not including travel days)?

I also don't want to arrive on Halloween. Travel and then a night of :lmao: :lmao: :elf: :wow: :cool2: :dance: :taz: --I would probably have a rough time doing my first dives of the trip the next morning. :tears: I'm getting so old :lmao:
'06 - Fireworks on History, Singles Fantasy
'07 - Ancient Egypt/Red Sea Liveaboard
'08 - Bonaire Singles Week ...In STYLE!!!

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,696 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

WOW! Getting better response than I thought. Thanks for the feedback so far...other ideas for shorter trips can also be added to this thread for planning purposes. :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#10 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:08 AM

Just thinking about the logistics too... I would probably like long weekend with Thursday/Monday being travel days (or Wed/Sun). Still gives us a minimum of 2.5 dive days-- Is that what you were thinking of w/ 3 days (3, not including travel days)?

I agree with the long weekend suggestion. That way I only need to take 2 full days off work.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#11 sudsymark

sudsymark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Cert Level:Certified as teenager, SSI DiveCon and Scuba Ranger Instructor
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:57 PM

Long weekend right before the holiday antics of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years starts. :welcome:
In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we underdstand; and we will only understand what we are taught. -Baba Dioum

#12 ScubaStacy

ScubaStacy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Rescue.
  • Logged Dives:190+

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:19 PM

I would love to do Halloween in Coz - I would want to go for a week (or more) though. I could always just get there before you all or stay after. :hiya:

And a costume contest? Oh h%@L YES! I love to dress up! It's even better when theres a legitimate reason and others are doing it too! :welcome:

Count me in! Great idea WW. :welcome:

Stacy
I just want to be underwater!

#13 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:38 AM

I agree with the long weekend suggestion. That way I only need to take 2 full days off work.

I think you are into a couple of travel days with 3 dive days. Logistically I am not aware of any flights that would get you in before 1pm in the afternoon. Likewise on the back end with the 24 hour rule, you need to give that time from your last dive till you leave. That's why a Wed-Sun or Sat-Wed seems to work best for me for Cozy. When we arrived last summer, we did shore dives the day we arrived.

Not sure how a 3 day trip would work including travel days.

#14 shawnabbott

shawnabbott

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:55 AM

WOW! Getting better response than I thought. Thanks for the feedback so far...other ideas for shorter trips can also be added to this thread for planning purposes. :teeth:

I usually spend halloween with my son. Also, so close after wakatobi would be hard, and then you may have curacao lined up early nov?...hard to do everything.

#15 SeaSeeker

SeaSeeker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:42+

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

I would love to do Halloween in Coz - I would want to go for a week (or more) though. I could always just get there before you all or stay after. :birthday:

Stacy

I'm in agreement with Stacy - nothing is a "short flight" for me, so I'd prefer to do a week (or 10 days). The option to stay days before and/or after would work, though.
Carpe Diem!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users