• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Input Time: Halloween Dive Trips?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:02 AM

I am watching this one also. I would have to do some shift swapping at work, but it might work out. I checked Continental and it was cheaper through Expedia....still almost $500.

I checked again after posting this and the Expedia price went up from last night to this morning. Now it is a few dollars cheaper going straight through Continental @ $522.60.

Edited by ScubaSis, 01 August 2008 - 05:38 AM.

Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#32 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:47 AM

With the American Airlines Sale over, I am noticing prices up about $100 than they were earlier in this week. Rates from Denver there apparently is a code share with Mexicana which is getting a rate of $540 RT, then it jumps to $740 for the next cheapest option.

#33 bpro

bpro

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:190

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:41 AM

That's what I've found too. We don't have any direct flights to CZM from where I'm from (STL); it might (?) be worth it for some to look into charter flights. I am able to, as of today, get a RT to Cancun for $417 incl. taxes, on USA3000 which is the airline that MLT uses. The cheapest bus/ferry transfers to CZM are then $40 RT. Unfortunately, it necessitates an extra night stay because the preferred return flight is sold out. But it might be an option.

Edited by bpro, 01 August 2008 - 07:56 AM.

#34 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:33 AM

That's what I've found too. We don't have any direct flights to CZM from where I'm from (STL); it might (?) be worth it for some to look into charter flights. I am able to, as of today, get a RT to Cancun for $417 incl. taxes, on USA3000 which is the airline that MLT uses. The cheapest bus/ferry transfers to CZM are then $40 RT. Unfortunately, it necessitates an extra night stay because the preferred return flight is sold out. But it might be an option.

On Orbitz, I did find a $529 non-stop from Houston IAH.
-Mitch-

#35 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:39 AM

I NEED YOUR HELP...

The pkg prices are great and include a FREE Night dive and free 3rd dive if you extend for a longer trip. We will allow several options on duration ranging from long weekend to a week-longer.

Here is the catch...I just priced air and its very very very EXPENSIVE! Are you all finding the same? I certainly want to do this trip and have a great price for everyone that is ALL INCLUSIVE for the price of a regular dive trip. But if you can´t afford to get there then it won´t matter.

Also I will only be able to do a 3 or 4 day option personally as I return from DEMA a few days before and leave for Curacoa a few days after.

And finally...whenever we allow multiple durations we choose the shortest one and make it the main trip and that is the one we guarantee a roommate for. However many can not or will not go that far to only do a long weekend and will want more days. That will be possible but the tradeoff is possible single occupancy charges for a few days of your trip and of course some limits on roommate choices. However if flexibility is what you need...SD and the resort will give it to you.

NOW check those airfares and let me know what you find! :birthday:

WOO HOO! October 31 is my alternate friday off so I can do this trip using 1-2 days MAX. What is the cost of trip minus airfare??
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#36 clearvis

clearvis

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:NASDA Open Water 1977
  • Logged Dives:200 plus

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:57 AM

The airfare isn't cheap, but I need a trip real bad and the dates work well for me.

I'll just have to have my tires retreaded instead of buying new ones and have a tooth pulled instead of a root canal and crown (it's on the front and isn't used to chew much so I'll be okay.

Fred

#37 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

The airfare isn't cheap, but I need a trip real bad and the dates work well for me.

I'll just have to have my tires retreaded instead of buying new ones and have a tooth pulled instead of a root canal and crown (it's on the front and isn't used to chew much so I'll be okay.

Fred

Well this has to be the most convincing reason/post to DO the trip! :wakawaka: I will try to get the details together. I´m getting booted out tonight so unless I can find more access I´m dead in the water for a few days. I lost my passport so instead of being home tomorrow it will most likely be Monday or Tuesday.

I hope air does not go up any more.

Charter Air:

We can book funjet and adventure tours flights. So you can check those as well.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#38 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:27 AM

From Houston the price went down a little today.....$490.60 Continental :teeth:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#39 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:06 PM

Here is a deal from Denver, but needs to be booked by the 6th..

$149 Denver to Cancun Frontier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purchase by August 6, 2008

Travel by November 11, 2008

10 day advance purchase

*All: : Fares are shown each way and roundtrip purchase is required for off peak travel through 11/19/08. Fares on other days of the week may be slightly higher. Tickets purchased from Frontier's website must be paid for with a major credit card at the time the reservation is made. Tickets must be booked and paid by 9:59 pm MDT 8/06/08. Fares do not include passenger facility fees of up to $18 roundtrip, the September 11th Security Fee of up to $10 roundtrip or fees of $3.50 per segment. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Seats are limited and certain flights and/or days of travel may be unavailable at these prices, especially during busy travel periods. Tickets are nonrefundable and nontransferable, but may be reissued for a $150 change fee plus any applicable difference in fare. Previously purchased tickets may not be exchanged for these special fare tickets. Fares and schedules are subject to change without notice and other restrictions may apply. Based on August 2008 schedule, flights may be operated by Lynx Aviation.
US: 10 day advance purchase required. Off-peak travel valid Noon Monday thru Noon Thursday and Saturday Noon to 11:59 pm. Seasonal Service to/from Hartford, CT ends 9/03/08. Seasonal Service to/from Jackson Hole, WY ends 9/08/08.
Canada: 10 day advance purchase required. Off-peak travel valid Noon Monday thru Noon Thursday and Saturday Noon to 11:59 pm. Fares do not include US Immigration fee of $7. In addition, Canadian taxes, surcharges and fees of up to $40 roundtrip are not included in the fare amount. Seasonal Service to/from Vancouver ends 9/14/08. Passports are now required for travel to/from Canada for all travelers.
To view Mexico service schedules, click here.
Mexico: Off Peak travel to/from Mexico is Monday thru Thursday. Maximum stay for Mexico travel is 120 days. All international fares are subject to U.S. arrival and departure taxes and agricultural, immigrations and customs fees of up to $50 round-trip which are not included in the fare amount. For travel to some countries, additional airport, transportation, embarkation, security, and passenger service taxes/surcharges of up to $170 will apply depending on destination. Passports are required for international travel.Thank you for choosing Frontier Airlines - A whole different animal.

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your email address, please visit us at FrontierAirlines.com.

If you are not interested in receiving updates about upcoming fare specials and other relevant news items from EarlyReturns, or if you received this message in error, simply login to your account at FrontierAirlines.com, go to the Profile Manager page and change your preferences. This is an automated message; replies will not be read.

Frontier Airlines, Inc.
7001 Tower Road
Denver, Colorado 80249
For reservations, please visit FrontierAirlines.com or call 1-800-432-1FLY.

Mexico Service - Frontier Airlines

#40 ScubaStacy

ScubaStacy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Rescue.
  • Logged Dives:190+

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:46 AM

Any news on the resort/package price yet? I found air on Mexicana for $631 from Sacramento, and can use my old canceled ticket credit straight across. (They waived the $100 fee since I had to cancel due to working on the fires - very nice of them).

Of course now, apparently we (CA State employees) are all only making minimum wage until a budget is signed, so maybe it's not wise of me to want to book a trip! :teeth: On the other hand – when do I ever want to be wise when it comes to financial responsibility or a dive trip?

Waiting with bated breath to hear…

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Stacy
I just want to be underwater!

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:28 PM

Ok...I'll get this posted quickly meaning the pricing and then fill in the blanks so you can book your airfares. Seems like we'll eek some people out...will need a minimum of 12. Got my fingers crossed we can get that many!

Stay tuned...this will be the next project I work on.... :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#42 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:32 PM

:wakawaka: Trip watching! ~ Damselfish
Ain't love a BEACH?

#43 clearvis

clearvis

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:NASDA Open Water 1977
  • Logged Dives:200 plus

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:07 PM

Have the details of the trip been posted somewhere? Are the dates firmed up so I can book my flight?

#44 ScubaStacy

ScubaStacy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Rescue.
  • Logged Dives:190+

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:15 AM

So Halloween in Cozumel sounds pretty good, huh? I do love to dress up!

That is just my sneaky :cool1: way of getting this post back up on top without bugging 'the Wench' , who I'm sure is on top of it - just very busy! :dazzler:

You are the best Kamala! :thankyou:

Stacy
I just want to be underwater!

#45 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

Lol you are stealing my tricks! I'll help you keep it on top. I don't know if I'll do Cozy or Rocky Point (no diving, just a music fest). Ummmm let me see. DIVING! YES! I'm all for getting Cozy! ~ D
Ain't love a BEACH?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users