• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

LAKE ATHENS FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#16 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:51 PM

Well Diving in Texas for Meorial day. Can I show up at the last minute if I get a trip there? I might be trying to get to Monterrey for that weekend but i am not sure yet as I am taking time off at the start of the month. But it would be nice to meet you all.

Keith
If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#17 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

Well Diving in Texas for Meorial day. Can I show up at the last minute if I get a trip there? I might be trying to get to Monterrey for that weekend but i am not sure yet as I am taking time off at the start of the month. But it would be nice to meet you all.

Keith

Sure! No reservation necessary. :D We like to have an idea of how many people to expect, so we can let the owners know, but you are welcome to show up unannounced. :)

#18 truck diver

truck diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level: aow , nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:15 PM

Hey Miss ScubaPunk Sweetheart :) would you put me down for this one. 99.9% sure I can make it. Sometimes that .1% sneeks up and bites you though. Can you have a tent pop up trailer there ? Too lazy for the other kind too much manuel labor. Do they have grills or can you bring a propane grill ? Thanks Mark

Edited by truck diver, 26 April 2008 - 04:27 PM.

#19 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

Hey Miss ScubaPunk Sweetheart :) would you put me down for this one. 99.9% sure I can make it. Sometimes that .1% sneeks up and bites you though. Can you have a tent pop up trailer there ? Too lazy for the other kind too much manuel labor. Do they have grills or can you bring a propane grill ? Thanks Mark

Yes you can bring a pop up. You won't be able to park it where the rest of us will be with the tents, but it is a short walk. I can't remember if they have grills, people usually bring their propane grills. Then there are those of us who are too lazy to cook, so we drive up the street to the Mexican food resturant! :D

#20 truck diver

truck diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level: aow , nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:54 PM

Yes you can bring a pop up. You won't be able to park it where the rest of us will be with the tents, but it is a short walk. I can't remember if they have grills, people usually bring their propane grills. Then there are those of us who are too lazy to cook, so we drive up the street to the Mexican food resturant! :D

WALK ??? that really scares me :birthday: I guess I'll have to bring my little gas scooter too. I may get a sudden burst of energy and bring my tent thats never been out of the bag WILL YOU HELP ME ??? :birthday:

#21 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:07 PM

WALK ??? that really scares me :birthday: I guess I'll have to bring my little gas scooter too. I may get a sudden burst of energy and bring my tent thats never been out of the bag WILL YOU HELP ME ??? :birthday:

Everyone helps everyone! It really is a very short walk from the motor home camper area to the tent area though.

#22 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

I will try to make it out for a day. We have our big "Wolfdance" concert that weekend but I will come the following day (unless the free beer flows to well)! :)

Tom

Edited by tdtexas, 26 April 2008 - 06:05 PM.

Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

#23 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:46 PM

Tom,
No wories about the

unless the free beer flows to well

Just pick Us up some in Gunbarrel, Tx on your way in :)

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#24 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:34 PM

I will try to make it out for a day. We have our big "Wolfdance" concert that weekend but I will come the following day (unless the free beer flows to well)! :D

Tom

:) I think Diversita has some anti hang over stuff herbs you can take ahead of time!

#25 missdiverlady

missdiverlady

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

Hey All,

Count me in for Memorial Dive, Athens TX. Although, I could be staying at "camp Hilton" :usflag:

Let me know what I can bring!! :)

MissDiverLady,
Sharon

#26 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:20 AM

Hey All,

Count me in for Memorial Dive, Athens TX. Although, I could be staying at "camp Hilton" :)

Let me know what I can bring!! :lmao:

MissDiverLady,
Sharon

:usflag: That would be great! Looking forward to meeting you. I don't believe there is a "camp Hilton", but I think there is a "club holiday inn" just down the road!

#27 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:20 AM

hey ms delicous - any of the diversitea blends (except for the nighttime) work for a hangover and put some pep back in your step.

then do we want to ala cart this or does everyone want some good cooking?

cobbler? :usflag:

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:31 AM

I will try to make it out for a day. We have our big "Wolfdance" concert that weekend but I will come the following day (unless the free beer flows to well)! :D

Tom

:usflag: I think Diversita has some anti hang over stuff herbs you can take ahead of time!

I know I do for sure! :)

Ah the perks of being a nutritional guru! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:32 AM

Keith

That would be a great surprise....got my fingers crossed you can make it! :usflag:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#30 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:08 PM

Well it wouldnt be an official Athens event if we didnt at least have the Bitch-n-Breakfast-Burritos :usflag: and Ms Delicious, don't be so modest about your "Tosh Mahall" it has been know as the Athens Hilton before..it comes complete with food servers in the morning, busboy, chauffeur service and is equipped with storage lockers for dive gear etc... I'll get there about 3ish on friday and be good to go all weekend, and as a added feature I have one of those ICBM missles left over from the Cold War (swear) well its an empty fuel tank from a B-52 and we can paint it up and sign it, then sink it in the lake, like we did in 2006?

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users